Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

More Independence Day Sequel Details

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> More Independence Day Sequel Details Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
More Independence Day Sequel Details - 27/3/2013 7:03:48 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
I love Independence Day... - 27/3/2013 7:03:48 AM   
partybee

I hope if this happens all the original team (especially Goldblum, Pullman and Big Willie Styles!) return. Not interested in the Ghostbusters3-style young bucks though.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: I love Independence Day... - 27/3/2013 7:36:04 AM   
Overmind

Cheesy patriotism and a sixpack of beer? hell Yeah Im in.

But it must be Goldblum and The Fresh Prince. Or Im out.

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to partybee)
Post #: 3
White House Will! - 27/3/2013 9:18:37 AM   
FLAPJACK

If its 20 years later, have Will Smith the President and Bill Pullman doing air shows before being drafted into more patriotic dog fights with the alien nasties. Peace? No Peeeaace!

Post #: 4
'No' to the youngsters! - 27/3/2013 11:21:49 AM   
Nicky C

If they're worried about older actors not wanting to come back then that's tough tits. No Will, Bill and Jeff ... no ID. If they wanted to turn it into a franchise, they should have done that 15 years ago! It's not the audience's fault if the star system is dying out to make way for ensemble-cast franchises. But I do like the idea of Will as President and I'd have Jeff as an Al Gore pro-environment senator using alien technology to clean up the planet etc. That would be nice context. But please, no wallpapering over shit like having a Macbook that can communicate with alien computers. The years have not been kind to that idea and it stinks worse than in '96 now that the public are so much more savvy with technology. There's nothing wrong with simply blowing stuff up. As Apple would say ... it just works!

Post #: 5
- 27/3/2013 8:09:05 PM   
mlavagna

'According to Emmerich, the sequels – called ID Forever Part I and Part II – would be set 20 years after the original, when the alien reinforcements summoned by a distress call finally arrive after making the long, wormhole-assisted journey to our planet. '

If the aliens have harnest the use of wornholes why on earth would it take 20 years for them to arrive at earth? The whole point of wormholes is that (theoretically) you can leap from one point in space time to another instantaneously. Why would it take them 20 years to get here?

Post #: 6
Same here... - 28/3/2013 10:00:42 PM   
DaPiel

No Independence Day without the main characters of the first movie. However, I was under the impression that the mothership they blew up in the first movie contained the entire alien race. It was mentioned the alien race moved like locusts from planet to planet and while there is the possibility of more motherships, I thought it ended on that note.

Post #: 7
Same here... - 28/3/2013 10:16:56 PM   
DaPiel

No Independence Day without the main characters of the first movie. However, I was under the impression that the mothership they blew up in the first movie contained the entire alien race. It was mentioned the alien race moved like locusts from planet to planet and while there is the possibility of more motherships, I thought it ended on that note.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> More Independence Day Sequel Details Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI