Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

White House Down Trailer Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> White House Down Trailer Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
White House Down Trailer Online - 27/3/2013 2:58:06 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Olympus Has Fallen FTW - 27/3/2013 2:58:06 AM   
Madhava

Saw Olympus Has Fallen and it was a taut, tense, atmospheric thriller. In comparison, White House Down looks like a ridiculous, overblown, vapid, Michael Bay-esque flopbuster. Coming a couple of months after Olympus, I don't think this will be received so well.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
John McCale is wearing a vest in... - 27/3/2013 4:39:29 AM   
garymakin

...Die Hard 6: White House Has Fallen Down.

Post #: 3
Bit of a rip-off - 27/3/2013 8:00:58 AM   
ovverbruv

Vince Flynn must be fuming, Transfer of Power came out almost a decade ago, telling the same story. When will we get a Mitch Rapp film?

Post #: 4
Betcha it will out gross Olympus Has Fallen - 27/3/2013 9:27:56 AM   
Brother L

You're probably right Madhava that this will be over blown compared to OHS but it looks choc full of "fuck,yeah" moments and the Yanks love "fuck, yeah" moments. Plus it has got the draw of current top poster boy, Chaning Tatum so I'm certain it will be the highest grossing, White House trashing movie of this year.

Post #: 5
Now before I start... - 27/3/2013 9:33:52 AM   
Maca007

Can I just say I'm NO fan of Roland Emmerich's bloated, loud and formulaic directing style but...how good a trailer was that?! This genuinely looks like an exciting action movie and Channing Tatum is proving himself to be one helluva versatile actor - action, thriller, drama, comedy, rom-com, etc. I was a bit sceptical about the wife beater but its surely a respectful reference right?! Nothing wrong with a nod to the greatest action movie ever made - Die Hard. Bring it on!!!

Post #: 6
It started out looking really interesting... - 27/3/2013 10:11:29 AM   
Porter

...but as the trailer played out, you could see the trademark Emmerich nonsense taking shape. Was that CT's daughter he was hugging? I wonder if they've got father/neglected-daughter issues to resolve cos she doesn't understand how important and time-consuming daddy's job is until he saves the world in front of her? That'd be original. Also, poor old Jamie Foxx -- looks like he's been lumbered with the honest-but-dumb-ass-and-in-the-dark POTUS role, ala Bill Pullman etc. All we need now is a loyal mutt escaping death by the skin of its teeth and we're set. Did you also see the techno-crazy who seems to be behind it all, evil-laughing in his techno-lair? Shite.

Post #: 7
RE: It started out looking really interesting... - 27/3/2013 10:49:41 AM   
rian88

Why can not I find any trailer on google?

I'm nothing!

(in reply to Porter)
Post #: 8
I'd watch this - 27/3/2013 3:17:50 PM   
nybras

plus it looks fun and a time killer on a Saturday afternoon.
No doubt the great American hero has to win, blagh, blagh, blagh...
I dread the new Independence Day films, oh gawd no!

Post #: 9
Whatever next! - 27/3/2013 6:45:15 PM   
klepto4

Black Hawk Down
White House Down
TOYS-R-US DOWN........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Post #: 10
'It started like any other day?' - 27/3/2013 6:47:06 PM   
circuit

Post #: 11
It started like any other day? - 27/3/2013 6:52:43 PM   
circuit

How often does a man take his daughter on a tour of the white house? doesn't sound much like an everyday sort of occurance to me. I do quite like the look of this film, but I can't help feeling that i'll be watching it wishing that Channing Tatum was Bruce Willis or rather that John Cale was actually John Mclane. Seems perfectly plausible to me that John Mclane would be a the white house, more than it did him going to mother Russia to get his son out of some scrape.

Post #: 12
RE: It started out looking really interesting... - 27/3/2013 7:16:22 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: Porter

...but as the trailer played out, you could see the trademark Emmerich nonsense taking shape. Was that CT's daughter he was hugging? I wonder if they've got father/neglected-daughter issues to resolve cos she doesn't understand how important and time-consuming daddy's job is until he saves the world in front of her? That'd be original. Also, poor old Jamie Foxx -- looks like he's been lumbered with the honest-but-dumb-ass-and-in-the-dark POTUS role, ala Bill Pullman etc. All we need now is a loyal mutt escaping death by the skin of its teeth and we're set. Did you also see the techno-crazy who seems to be behind it all, evil-laughing in his techno-lair? Shite.

Yes that's his daughter. There do seem to be issues but it's not clear why. Nothing to do with him working for the White House because he actually doesn't. He actually has a job interview the day of the attack.

From what I've seen (at a screening yesterday), the President is far from dumb, I just think that he's not used to be in such situations of conflict.

quote:

ORIGINAL: circuit

How often does a man take his daughter on a tour of the white house? doesn't sound much like an everyday sort of occurance to me. I do quite like the look of this film, but I can't help feeling that i'll be watching it wishing that Channing Tatum was Bruce Willis or rather that John Cale was actually John Mclane. Seems perfectly plausible to me that John Mclane would be a the white house, more than it did him going to mother Russia to get his son out of some scrape.

He takes her on a tour of the White House because she's a bit of a fan of the place and the president. He also has a job interview there the same day.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to Porter)
Post #: 13
White vest...really?? - 27/3/2013 8:11:14 PM   
jordieb

Worlds most unwise decision to put Channing Tatum in a white vest, it would be like putting a loner with no name in a quilted scorpion jacket, never open your film up to any comparisons that its going to look vastly inferior to.

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> White House Down Trailer Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI