Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday - 26/3/2013 1:11:33 PM   
filmburner30

At last Kevin Eldon who has been in pretty much all the best comedy of the past 20 years has finally got his own show.

And The Verdict?

Well its pretty good very surreal in the Bigtrain mould but the laughs are there most notably Hitler with George Martins Voice and the Mobile Phone song which rips the piss out of all those crap Europop groups .

Eldon is very funny and Julia Davis,James Fleet and Bill Bailey have popped up so far.

My only complaint why is this on at 10.30 on a Sunday night ?

"Where are you calling from Milo?"
"The bottom of the pool?"

"Im The Anti Christ.You got me in a Vendetta kind of mood"

"Come back Alan , You Wanker!"

"Your a Doctor,Deal with it"
Post #: 1
RE: Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday - 26/3/2013 2:14:05 PM   
fuzzy

It definitely slipped under the radar. Fair play BBC for still commissioning this sort of humour, from a veteran of the genre no less. Though I enjoyed it, if I'm being totally honest, I expect better. The first ep was hit and miss, which was the reason I only dipped in and out of the second one. Nice to see Buxton in there though!

(in reply to filmburner30)
Post #: 2
RE: Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday - 26/3/2013 3:41:28 PM   
OPEN YOUR EYES

I watched the first episode, which I thought was ok-ish,but the second one did very little for me.
But my issues are more geared towards the BBC rather than Kevin Eldon, who is a respected comedian who has worked on endless top shows ie Big Train (underrated),Alan Partridge to name just two.

The BBC comedy shows are just so bland and mild on humor that its frankly,at times,embarrassing.They either don't seem to want to invest in any edge or the people coming through at the moment aren't that good.

(in reply to fuzzy)
Post #: 3
RE: Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday - 26/3/2013 7:36:01 PM   
homersimpson_esq

I've had hangovers that were funnier.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to OPEN YOUR EYES)
Post #: 4
RE: Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday - 28/3/2013 12:33:20 PM   
great_badir

Yep - mostly disappointed, although it does have the odd smirkable moment.

If nothing else, it's nice to see Simon Munnery back on TV (now there's a comedian who deserves some more air time), if only in minor supporting roles.

I think the main problem with it is the sheer number of writers involved (if memory serves, none of it is written by Eldon himself), and most of them are new. Arthur Matthews was on top of the list, and Graham Linehan was thanked (or summat), but I wouldn't be surprised if most of the material was actually the work of the newbies.

It's, weirdly, both fresh and dated at the same time.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 5
RE: Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday - 3/4/2013 1:05:16 PM   
filmburner30

I have just laughed my self stupid watching Matt Berry chanel Steve Jones in an Amish take off of the Bill Grundy Sex Pistols interview on the show ,dont know why i find that funny but i did.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 6
RE: Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday - 3/4/2013 3:47:47 PM   
BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmburner30

I have just laughed my self stupid watching Matt Berry chanel Steve Jones in an Amish take off of the Bill Grundy Sex Pistols interview on the show ,dont know why i find that funny but i did.

Loved that. Thought it was quite inspired.

Of course, the youth of today who haven't seen the original interview would probably be a bit 'WTF was that?'

The beefeater sketch(es) also made me chuckle.

Post #: 7
RE: Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday - 4/4/2013 12:17:00 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: BudBaxter

quote:

ORIGINAL: filmburner30

Loved that. Thought it was quite inspired.

Of course, the youth of today who haven't seen the original interview would probably be a bit 'WTF was that?'

I'll need to watch it again, but having coincidentally watched The Filth and the Fury a couple of days before, I'm pretty sure they used the original interview audio and just lip synched to it.

The crew names in the credits for that sketch were fantastic, though.

What I'm finding is that the sketches sound great on paper, but in execution aren't actually all that - for example the "what Neil Armstrong really said when he stepped onto the moon" sketch sounded brilliant in the TV guide, but when it came to watching it I didn't even smile.

It could explain why he's spent 99% of his career to date as a supporting player...

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to BudBaxter)
Post #: 8
RE: Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday - 5/4/2013 8:12:11 AM   
filmburner30

No they spoke the words because Peter Seravnowitz was playing Bill Grundy and i could recognise his tone .

Post #: 9
RE: Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday - 9/4/2013 1:46:23 PM   
great_badir

Yep, you're dead right - watched it again last night. Kevin "as" Johnny Rotten was the give away.

It's amazingly well done.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

Post #: 10
RE: Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday - 9/4/2013 1:53:52 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

If nothing else, it's nice to see Simon Munnery back on TV (now there's a comedian who deserves some more air time), if only in minor supporting roles.

He's been featured quite a bit on Stewart Lee's Alternative Comedy Experience on Comedy Central the last few weeks. He's a very funny guy. Surprisingly so is Tony Law (also on it quite a bit) who I'd only ever seen being quite unfunny on comedy panel shows.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

Post #: 11
RE: Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday - 9/4/2013 2:07:35 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle
quote:

ORIGINAL: great_badir

He's been featured quite a bit on Stewart Lee's Alternative Comedy Experience on Comedy Central the last few weeks. He's a very funny guy. Surprisingly so is Tony Law (also on it quite a bit) who I'd only ever seen being quite unfunny on comedy panel shows.

Sadly haven't got Comedy Central.

Funnily enough, I saw Tony Law support Stewart Lee a few years ago (Stew made a point at the time that he hand-picked him). I have to say, though, apart from one incredibly funny bit about South Africans and Nandos, his slot and delivery was VERY mainstream. Since then, he seems to have re-invented himself (weird hair and clothes and all) as one of these alternative new-new-wave weirdo comedians. Which is getting a bit passe now - he's about 3 years too late with that.

But I've been a big fan of Munnery's for donkeys, all the way back to his (intentionally) awkward appearances as Alan Parker on Friday and Saturday Live. One of the few comedians I would love to see live, but have not had a chance (him and Daniel Kitson).

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Its Kevin BBC2 10.30 Sunday Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI