Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

New World War Z Trailer Swarms Online

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New World War Z Trailer Swarms Online Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New World War Z Trailer Swarms Online - 25/3/2013 9:39:06 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
This looks great! - 25/3/2013 9:39:06 AM   
Spacecowboy

I love the book and from what ive seen this looks like fantastic fun...even though it bears little resemblance to the book, bar the name :-/

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Lots of War, Very Little Z - 25/3/2013 9:50:45 AM   
rl112

For a film based on an engrossing, thoughtful, political satire featuring terrifying zombies and very moving tales, this has very little of any of those things - and not a single zombie (one character there says we think we know their weakness... yeah, the head? Like every zombie tale ever, no?)

There's creative/artistic license and then there's completely changing everything. Sadly this feels too much like the later.

Post #: 3
RE: Lots of War, Very Little Z - 25/3/2013 9:57:20 AM   
jmebaby25

I like Brad Pitt and itís usually worth giving a film a try if he's in it, but I'm getting a bad I Am Legend vibe from this. There looks to be a few nice set pieces and it looks suitably epic, but the choice of CGI for the zombies seems very ill-concieved. One of the great things about zombies as villains is the conflict of fighting something that was human and still looks similar. You lose all of that drama by replacing them with CGI.

Hopefully it'll work out ok. I enjoyed the book for the most part, and whilst this doesn't seem to resemble it at all, I'm not sure how it could be faithfully converted and still work as a film.

On the plus side - I love the latest poster.

< Message edited by jmebaby25 -- 25/3/2013 10:15:43 AM >

I make the world wide web a little prettier.
www.hoylandwebdesign.com

(in reply to rl112)
Post #: 4
wasted opportunity - 25/3/2013 9:59:10 AM   
Edgeware

I am so disappointed in how this movie is looking. I can’t believe Pitt fought so hard for the book rights to make another generic zombie/action film. The book is brilliant and affecting, what a wasted opportunity.

Post #: 5
Makes me wonder if they've even read the book? - 25/3/2013 11:15:36 AM   
azazel_fallenangel

It's not one mans journey to rescue his family. The book was something refreshing, and something new in the Zombie pantheon.
But this...just isn't. It looks like any other so-so adventure movie.
I think, barring 5* reviews all round, I'll be avoiding this like a Zombie plague when it comes round, and that makes me very sad.

Post #: 6
shame - 25/3/2013 12:01:56 PM   
stucy

missed a trick here. the book totally lends itself to being a tv series. would've been amazing.

Post #: 7
- 25/3/2013 12:34:34 PM   
Flashingturtle

Looks great but what the hell did any of that trailer have to do with the book??? A missed oppertunity for the single most amazing HBO TV series ever I think.

Post #: 8
- 25/3/2013 12:36:16 PM   
Flashingturtle

Also, given that the plane scene isn't in the book WTF ruin it for us by putting it into the trailer?

Post #: 9
Haven't read the book - 25/3/2013 1:42:59 PM   
nybras

though given to me 3 yrs ago, but movie looks ok. Kind of sick of Zombie movies and TV series at this stage, over done and we're over populated with this genre, just like Vampires i.e. Twilight and all that junk.

Post #: 10
- 25/3/2013 1:55:53 PM   
paulferrer

It looks great but I kept thinking haven't I seen this all before recently in I Am Legend & 28 Days Later.

What is the point of making a remake of those films only years after they came out.

And how comes in the previous trailer Brad Pitt and family are in the car stuck in traffic not knowing what is happening. But at the start of this trailer they are home having breakfast, if they knew this was happening why would you drive into the city?

Post #: 11
RE: - 25/3/2013 4:42:25 PM   
ADStoney

The trailers have done nothing for me. I heard good things about the book and I love a good zombie film but those shots of the cgi hoardes just put me right off.

(in reply to paulferrer)
Post #: 12
fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!... - 25/3/2013 5:37:21 PM   
mclane1

read the book loved it! watched the trailer, nothing like the book but possibly the greatest film ever made- its going to rock!!!!

Post #: 13
- 25/3/2013 8:32:50 PM   
durelius

This looks great in my mind, the zombies have real threat, can't believe people are still writing this off on 2min of footage.

Post #: 14
Meh - Shoulda been HBO series - 25/3/2013 8:41:16 PM  1 votes
DextersLab

Don't know if it was in this message thread or somewhere else, but agreed with the idea of making World War Z - the book, you know, the (fairly) thoughtful tale/commentary on humanity and it's ability to adapt, survive and learn NOT what this looks to be - into a HBO series, just really could have worked. Utterly 'meh' about this, 5 star reviews needed to get me to spend a tenner on this.

Post #: 15
Undecided - 26/3/2013 8:50:25 AM   
Hugh_Fran

While I don't want to write off this movie on the strength of a 2min trailer, it looks very like I Am Legend meets 28 Days Later. And considering the book has a lot of underlying themes and narratives, this looks like a generic Zombie flick. Suprising that Brad Pitt as a so-called fan, fought so hard for the rights to it just so he could ignore the content of the book and make an action movie. Sadly it seems that the desire to please dumb Americans triumphs yet again over making an intelligent movie

Post #: 16
- 27/3/2013 6:56:09 AM   
NeoBrowser

Judging from the trailer......I still don't know what the fuck this is about.

Post #: 17
Don't mind it not being about the book - 31/3/2013 12:01:10 AM   
pgmark

It looks good anyway. Was a little disappointed at the end to see it tagged with 'in 3D'. It's not the sort of film that should need that to sell it. North kind of actioner that would warrant it. Blatantly why they've added the plane scene.

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> New World War Z Trailer Swarms Online Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI