Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Game Of Thrones

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Poster Mash-Ups >> RE: Game Of Thrones Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Game Of Thrones - 5/4/2013 9:41:15 AM   
Bosskatte

edited - NedhunterS

Attachment (1)

You want to talk about farting? My uncle could fart. He killed a plant once.

(in reply to Bosskatte)
Post #: 61
RE: Game Of Thrones - 5/4/2013 11:05:20 AM   
Ali Plumb

Okay this has worked out really well I think!

Thanks for all your hard work guys

I watch TV with that guy!

(in reply to Bosskatte)
Post #: 62
RE: Game Of Thrones - 5/4/2013 3:20:10 PM   
matthumphrey

Obviously you're not a golfer.
http://www.society6.com/studio/matthumphreydesign/store
http://www.redbubble.com/people/matthumphrey

(in reply to Ali Plumb)
Post #: 63
RE: Game Of Thrones - 6/4/2013 3:19:37 AM   
matthumphrey

Obviously you're not a golfer.
http://www.society6.com/studio/matthumphreydesign/store
http://www.redbubble.com/people/matthumphrey

(in reply to matthumphrey)
Post #: 64
RE: Game Of Thrones - 9/4/2013 12:04:41 PM   
Rimshot

Hi guys,

I''ve been working on Game of Thrones as an extra since the pilot and I've also been a long time contributor to the Winter Is Coming fan site. When I saw this poster mash up thread I let the guys over a WiC know about it as I thought they would enjoy it as much as I have. They made a post about it which you can see here. WiC is the biggest GOT fan site online. It is visited by several hundred thousand WiC fans regularly. Also a lot of the cast of the show and several of the directors & producers (including D&D) read and contribute to WiC.

Keep them coming!

One minute you're defending the whole galaxy, and, suddenly, you find yourself sucking down Darjeeling with Marie Antoinette... and her little sister.

(in reply to matthumphrey)
Post #: 65
RE: Game Of Thrones - 9/4/2013 12:41:31 PM   
Bosskatte

Love it when our hard work gets appreciated and spread - nice one Rimshot

(in reply to Rimshot)
Post #: 66
RE: Game Of Thrones - 9/4/2013 1:47:42 PM   
piccolo135

Nice one Rimshot! Cheers for taking the time to post and let us know, like Boss said great to see our mashups reaching other audiences!

(in reply to Bosskatte)
Post #: 67
RE: Game Of Thrones - 10/4/2013 3:32:20 PM   
Rimshot

No problem. You guys did all the hard work!

Can I ask a question?

I'm about to start working on concept art (posters/record covers etc) for my band The Nameless. I can only dream about achieving the quality of work you guys have managed with these posters. Can you tell me what software/techniques etc you use? I especially love some of the abstract/concept ones (like here and in the Cloud Atlas thread).

I'm hoping to incorporate themes of faceless people and globes (something we did in the past) as our name is a nod to all the people of the world who work for others selflessly and without recognition.

How do you guys do it?

(of course if you want to have a go at one I wouldn't stop you!)

Thanks.

I can PM anyone my email address if needed.

One minute you're defending the whole galaxy, and, suddenly, you find yourself sucking down Darjeeling with Marie Antoinette... and her little sister.

(in reply to piccolo135)
Post #: 68
RE: Game Of Thrones - 10/4/2013 3:53:31 PM   
Bosskatte

Hey Rimshot

I use a program called Arcsoft Photostudio but mainly because it works at my average level of competency! It's OK, as am I, at cutting and pasting/blending images but when it comes to more in depth stuff we fall a bit short! As you mention, the poster design competition guys (cloud atlas being a perfect example) would be your best advisors as the work they turn out, from conception to completion, is on a different level (to mine anyway). I think a lot of those guys are proper artists and may also use design slates etc

There is also an advice thread on the mashup forum page started ages ago but I'm not sure how up to date it is...http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3240003

Good luck

(in reply to Rimshot)
Post #: 69
RE: Game Of Thrones - 10/4/2013 4:55:21 PM   
Rimshot

Thanks Bosskatte that's a big help and I love your posters too! I wouldn't know where to begin. Even tasks like taking a movie font and replacing letters seamlessly is beyond me. I'll check out the software you mentioned.

Cheers

(in reply to Bosskatte)
Post #: 70
RE: Game Of Thrones - 2/7/2013 4:22:11 AM   
haiyus

"A Game of Thrones" is truly an epic story -- it took a whole ten episodes to encapsulate a single book, and the story is far from over. There are countless plot threads woven into one enormous, bloodsoaked tapestry, linked together even if they are technically separate. And since this is only based on the first of Martin's books, it ends on a note both depressing and uplifting. Lots of plot threads are left dangling, but in such a way that you end up wanting to know what happens next.

New release episode of Game of Thrones Season 3 DVD is beginning and much more will be revealed soon!

(in reply to Rimshot)
Post #: 71
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Poster Mash-Ups >> RE: Game Of Thrones Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI