Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

J.J. Abrams Talks Star Wars Episode VII

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> J.J. Abrams Talks Star Wars Episode VII Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
J.J. Abrams Talks Star Wars Episode VII - 24/3/2013 8:37:05 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 24/3/2013 8:37:05 AM   
Flashingturtle

I'm just not sure, as the big guy says "I have a bad feeling about this."

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 26/3/2013 11:55:59 AM   
Mr Gittes

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flashingturtle

I'm just not sure, as the big guy says "I have a bad feeling about this."

It's your imagination, kid!

In all seriousness, though, I'm really not sure either. I mean, I'm optimistic as hell, but nothing's certain. We can only pray for the best. The next couple of years are gonna be fucking intense.

That boy is our last hope.

(in reply to Flashingturtle)
Post #: 3
RE: RE: - 26/3/2013 2:07:49 PM   
neopol

Only time will tell. He might have better luck with Star Wars that Star Trek though as he's certainly drawn a lot from Lucas' franchise.... Bitter Star Trek fan, I know! :)

Visit my movie blog, nEoFILM @ http://neofilm.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Mr Gittes)
Post #: 4
RE: RE: - 26/3/2013 3:06:09 PM   
Mr Gittes

Hey, I'm no Trekkie by any means, and I did enjoy the 2009 movie, but I can imagine hardcore Trekkies being super-pissed about how different and more commercial the movie was and how the masses are now suddenly "fans" of Star Trek. I have a friend who's always been a big Star Trek fan and he always tells me about how he liked the JJ Abrams flick as a movie, but as a Star Trek instalment it pissed him off. So there you go.

Anyhoo, back on topic, indeed, only time will tell. But since there's so much of it between now and the release date, the tension is going to drive fans insane.

(in reply to neopol)
Post #: 5
- 27/3/2013 2:49:43 AM   
DonDonP1

Fascinating. I have been a fan of both the CBS-owned "Star Trek" and the Disney/Lucasfilm-owned "Star Wars." For that, I am looking forward to both "Star Trek Into Darkness" and "Star Wars Episode VII."

Post #: 6
Cause for optimism - 27/3/2013 1:41:38 PM   
Hillsman

I am a Star Wars fan AND a Star Trek fan. TNG was my personal favourite ST series, but in terms of the motion pictures, I prefer the 1-4. JJ took a LOT of liberties with his movie, but in the end, it was fun, fresh and entertaining, while retaining the feel and spirit of the franchise.

I don't love all of his films - Cloverfield and Super 8 were extremely disappointing, while 'Lost' degenerated into nonsense. However, his work on Mission Impossible was very positive, while Alias and Fringe are highly rated.

We just have to hope that Star Wars will be one of his hits rather than one of his misses.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> J.J. Abrams Talks Star Wars Episode VII Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI