Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Empire's Star Trek Cover Has Arrived

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Empire's Star Trek Cover Has Arrived Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Empire's Star Trek Cover Has Arrived - 23/3/2013 7:21:40 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
John Carpenter and Kurt Russell? - 23/3/2013 7:21:40 PM   
AlmightyFace

What? That's extremely intriguing. Well played Empire...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Spook?? - 23/3/2013 7:28:55 PM   
J_BUltimatum

Remind me again who Spook is in Star Trek??

Post #: 3
Oh dear - 24/3/2013 2:18:42 AM   
familiar

What an awful, awful, looking cover. It appears to have taken around the whole 5 minute mark with PhotoShop. The nice STID background coupled with 'random' cut outs of the cast doesn't do it for me. Especially obvious overlay. Come on Empire....you could at leave have put a little spark into it! I wouldn't have minded if this was a feature..............but as a cover to buy the magazine......erm, no.

Post #: 4
Oh dear - 24/3/2013 2:35:47 AM   
familiar

What an awful, awful, looking cover. It appears to have taken around the whole 5 minute mark with PhotoShop. The nice STID background coupled with 'random' cut outs of the cast doesn't do it for me. Especially obvious overlay. Come on Empire....you could at leave have put a little spark into it! I wouldn't have minded if this was a feature..............but as a cover to buy the magazine......erm, no.

Post #: 5
Oh dear - 24/3/2013 2:57:15 AM   
familiar

Post #: 6
Costumed - 24/3/2013 1:24:57 PM   
HighwayJoe

The only thing I don't like about this remake is the return of that ridiculous dress uniform for the women. Star Trek TOS did away with it in the movies, and now it just looks utterly outdated and, quite frankly, silly. The women cast in this movie are athletic and tough. To put them in a costume like that borders on belittling. Star Trek is meant to be set in the 23rd century--do we really believe that after the women's rights movement of the 60s and 70s and everything that's happened since, Starfleet would present female members with that uniform? You could get away with that in the mid-60s, but not in 2013. If the point was, "But it was in TOS," then introduce it, have someone point out how utterly stupid it is, and then send it on its way.

Seeing the picture, I'm just reminded of 'A League of Their Own,' when the female athletes are presented with the silly, skirted number they'll be expected to wear: "We can't play baseball in that!"

I sincerely hope it disappears from any future JJ Abrams films, same as it did for the original Uhura & Co.

Post #: 7
RE: Costumed - 24/3/2013 5:23:41 PM   
buffster28

really like the cover especially as its a fold out to include the whole cast

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to HighwayJoe)
Post #: 8
RE: Costumed - 24/3/2013 9:01:22 PM   
ToddSmitts

To HighwayJoe's complaint about the miniskirt uniform, clearly you haven't been paying much attention if you think they were done away with after TOS. In Star Trek 5 and 6, we saw a skirt option used by Uhura and a couple of other female officers. A similar uniform was commonly seen in the first season of TNG (heck, they even showed a few MEN wearing it!). In case, it's a lot more professional-looking than the uber-cleavage bunny suit Troi often wore, or the skin-tight outfits worn by Seven of Nine.

There's no telling what people are going to be wearing hundreds of years from now. Don't hold your breath on anyone getting rid of the miniskirt uniform (nor will *I* be complaining about it)

(in reply to HighwayJoe)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Empire's Star Trek Cover Has Arrived Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI