Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
James Herbert Has Died - 20/3/2013 9:23:54 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
A sad loss of a great writer! - 20/3/2013 9:23:54 PM   
dannyfletch

A very sad loss of a truly talented British horror writer who has given us many great horror stories, sleepless nights and great inspiration for the new authors of today. Rest in peace

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Passing of a horror master - 20/3/2013 11:38:44 PM   
herbertwest1701

Always has been my favourite author, recently finished what is now sadly his final work, 'Ash'. He was the single biggest influence on my own writing style. Very sad loss. :(

Post #: 3
Fantastic storyteller. - 21/3/2013 6:06:20 AM   
mike2005

Sad news indeed, absolutely loved Fluke, The Spear and especially Creed. Just one question, who the hell is Gareth Marenghi?

Post #: 4
'48 - 21/3/2013 10:44:59 AM   
Mr Grizzly

Very sad news. I'm not much of a horror fan but I read his book '48 which was brilliant. It would make an awesome film or mini series -would be a WW2-set 28 Days Later/ I am Legend affair.

Post #: 5
Gone but is still with us - 21/3/2013 12:30:30 PM   
ODForrest

Sad news indeed, I am a big fan, perhaps someone will now make a good film from one of is books the only one that was anywhere half good was "FLUKE" anyway he has gone but his work will still be with us.

Post #: 6
RE: Gone but is still with us - 21/3/2013 3:26:28 PM   
Discodez

Sad news indeed. Met him at a book signing once, he seemed like a really nice bloke and genuinely interested in his fans, what books they'd read etc. Funny looking fella though, short and with a slight hump and spoke with quite a gravely voice, you could imagine him being a villain in one of his own stories.

Mike2005 - You should check out Garth Marenghi's "Dark Place" which was an affectionate send up of Herbert's early work and the pulp horror nonsense of people like Guy N Smith and Shaun Hutson. It might be on 4OD or if not I highly recommend getting the DVD one of the funniest and most unsung things Channel 4 ever did.

ODForrest - I always thought "The Survivor" was a pretty good film too, but Fluke is head and shoulders the best adaptation of any of his books, even if they did locate it in small town USA (Although I've got the recent BBC adaptation of "Crickley Hall" to watch yet - I understand that was pretty good)

(in reply to ODForrest)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> James Herbert Has Died Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI