Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Bates Motel - US Speed

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Bates Motel - US Speed Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bates Motel - US Speed - 19/3/2013 4:46:58 PM   
Zaphod121

Couldn't find a thread for this, what did everyone think of the premiere? I really enjoyed it, Vera Farmiga was sufficiently creepy/over protective without hamming it up too much and I found myself rooting for Norman despite knowing what's going to happen to him (sort of). Looking forward to see how the writers put there own spin on things.

< Message edited by Zaphod121 -- 19/3/2013 4:47:31 PM >

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel
Post #: 1
RE: Bates Motel - US Speed - 19/3/2013 8:41:20 PM   
Castor Troy

I really enjoyed this. I think the tone is just right - they don't have to do too much - just knowing the eventual outcome makes things creepy enough. Both actors are really good - you can see how with lesser talents it might suffer a bit. I potentially moved a bit too fast for a first episode but it's certainly got me interested. Even though it's based on other material, this feels really original.

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 2
RE: Bates Motel - US Speed - 28/3/2013 9:05:23 AM   
Castor Troy

Second episode not quite as good. Any one else watching?

The individual human mind. In a child's ability to master the multiplication table, there is more holiness than all your shouted hosannas and holy holies. An idea is more important than a monument and the advancement of Man's knowledge more miraculous than all the sticks turned to snakes and the parting of the waters.

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 3
RE: Bates Motel - US Speed - 3/4/2013 11:54:28 AM   
Timon

Yeah, the second episode wasn't as good, but I'm really enjoying the leads. Freddie Highmore is particular i think is wonderful as Norman.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Castor Troy)
Post #: 4
RE: Bates Motel - US Speed - 4/4/2013 11:40:53 AM   
Timon

Oooh, the third episode was good. Fascinated by how 'connected' this town is when it comes to the local criminal enterprise. Curious to see how this pans out over the show's run.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 5
RE: Bates Motel - US Speed - 4/4/2013 12:23:54 PM   
Castor Troy

Yeah third ep was better. I'm not too keen on the story line with the rest of the town but I guess it needs something else other than Norman and Mother. I'm surprised how quickly Norman is turning a bit mental.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 6
RE: Bates Motel - US Speed - 15/4/2013 3:05:28 PM   
Zaphod121

Yeah it's interesting, I haven't watched ep 4 yet but there are already implications that he could of killed his Dad, though at first I thought it was Norma who did it.

"Everyone wins. Except Abed. But, you know, not everyone can win"

My Brothers Web-Series

My YouTube Channel

Post #: 7
RE: Bates Motel - US Speed - 26/8/2013 7:20:46 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Coming to the UK on the 12th Sept on Universal

Worth watching?

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Zaphod121)
Post #: 8
RE: Bates Motel - US Speed - 28/8/2013 7:07:59 PM   
Castor Troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Coming to the UK on the 12th Sept on Universal

Worth watching?

Yep! It does become a bit soap opera-like in parts but the two leads are strong enough to keep interest.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 9
RE: Bates Motel - US Speed - 29/8/2013 4:38:41 PM   
ElephantBoy

Have only seen short busts of this. The concept seems decent but could go either way, like many the leads are what hook me the most. Might check it out.

Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> Bates Motel - US Speed Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI