Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Noah Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Noah - 14/3/2013 7:08:57 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Will it be the Biblical account MILLIONS will hope it w... - 14/3/2013 7:08:57 PM   
runner75

If NOAH will be Biblically-based about God's judgement of giant half-angels in a flood, then GREAT, LOADS of people of faith will make it a huge success.

However, if it will be another scripure distortion concerning a 'politically motivated pagan earth-religion' (as reported online at christianpost.com), then BORING (and it will be shunned by MANY!)

I really hope this is the Biblically based account millions of people will hope it is! We will have to suspend judgement before 'floods' of people go to see or shun this film! (excuse the pun!)

< Message edited by runner75 -- 14/3/2013 7:10:56 PM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Noah - 20/3/2013 12:41:41 PM   
Timon

Considering it's going to have 10ft six-armed angels in it, I'm thinking it won't be what you read in Sunday School. Plus isn't Arronofsky an atheist?

Anyway, this is one Bible story where God comes over as a complete bastard. Floods the entire planet? Apart from one family? What a dick!

I mean, he spent six days building the world! And all of Adam and Eve's family had spent years(?! - weren't they all 900 years old+) been 'begating' and begetting' and what not - but because he's not happy with his own work (his fault!), he decides to wipe the slate clean.

Caring God my foot!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to runner75)
Post #: 3
RE: Noah - 20/3/2013 12:45:02 PM   
Timon

Also, why hasn't this thread exploded like the 'News' thread did?

Happy days.

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3256672

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 4
Why hasn't this thread exploded you ask. - 31/7/2013 1:38:44 AM   
csgoodall

Timon, if God judges sin harshly, I would not keep cussing him! Maybe thats why no other comments, you lowered the tone, we expect more from our (forum) elders!

According to the Bible, there has always been a choice to get 'saved' if men follow God's instructions. But mankind has always had free will to choose God or not in their life upon the Earth, before flood and now after it.

God did pay for our sins and it's our choice to accept this gift (or ark) or not AND Jesus went and preached this to those who died in flood time (1 Pet 3:18-20) as all life is eternal according to the Bible and they went somewhere after death. Where we spend eternity is up to us). So it's all our choice.

If the Director of 'Noah' is an athiest like you say, it does not look good for this being biblical sound. We will have to wait and see.

< Message edited by csgoodall -- 3/8/2013 2:11:14 PM >

Post #: 5
- 17/9/2013 5:11:08 PM   
rossmon

What is this film Noah? However when I see the trailer I'll will probably get the DVD or go to the cinemas.

Post #: 6
Not fantasy but genuine history - 8/3/2014 7:41:03 PM   
spermalogos

Having read the 8-page review of this film in April's 'Empire' I have the following comments:

1. Noah is NOT the original superhero. To really understand the story some essential reading is chapter 7 of the book 'Christ of the Covenants' by O. Palmer Robertson. There, Robertson (a Theologian) notes that "God's grace to Noah did not appear because of this man's righteousness, but because of the particularity of God's program of redemption...As stressed by the apostle Paul, the whole by-grace-through-faith salvation-experience comes as a gift of God to those who are dead in trespasses and sins (cf. Ephesians 2:1, 2, 8-10)."

2. The Old Testament account of Noah is historical, not fantastical as Aronofsky postulates. As Robertson notes: "the covenant with Noah provides the historical framework in which the Immanuel principle may receive its full realization. God has come in judgement; but he also has provided a context of preservation in which the grace of redemption may operate. From the covenant with Noah it becomes quite obvious that God's being "with us" involves not only an outpouring of his grace on his people; it involves also an outpouring of his wrath on the seed of Satan."

3. Finally, Aronofsky is correct that this is not a kids story. It is indeed about the evil of man. Yet more importantly, its about God's wonderful workings in real history to redeem for Himself a people whom he loves to the point of death. To be saved from the coming wrath of God requires coming to Christ in personal repentance and faith in what He did upon the cross (i.e. penal, substitutionary atonement for the sins and corruptions those who believe).

Post #: 7
Love Russel Crowe - 11/3/2014 12:03:47 AM   
natasjafien

I love Russel Crowe's movies and sure this one will be good. Am looking forward watching Noah... See related movies http://www.thelatestvidz.com

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Noah Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI