Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Ben Wishaw Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ben Wishaw - 14/3/2013 2:15:17 AM   
Cloud Cuckoo

Can I hear some love for Ben Wishaw?

I wasn't aware of this chap until he played Richard II (not the car park dwelling horse fancier; the one before) in the BBC's stunning 'Hollow Crown' Shakespeare adaptation. I love a bit of the Bard and his effeminate performance was off-the-scale good, blew me away and actually gave me shivers. I thought, who's this talented young buck?, and then promptly forgot all about him.

So imagine my delight when he popped up in Skyfall as Q! I nearly burst into applause. He was fantastic in that too.

So please, come here and share your admiration for the man - the actor I've felt most excited about (not like that, filthy) in a long time - and please recommend me some films and stuff to catch him in.

Thank you to homersimspon_esq for already recommending Bright Star.

In Thom we trust.
Post #: 1
RE: Ben Wishaw - 14/3/2013 2:25:05 AM   
MonsterCat

His plot strand as Frobisher was the best one in Cloud Atlas.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 2
RE: Ben Wishaw - 14/3/2013 4:52:03 AM   
UTB

I've only seen him in Skyfall but he was pretty good in a hipster kinda way. His tone of voice/delivery reminds me of Steven Mackintosh.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 3
RE: Ben Wishaw - 19/3/2013 7:23:53 PM   
valentine225

He has played the hero of the cinematographic adaptation of Le Parfum (the perfume). Wich is a book from Patrick Suskind. A very great book. And a very great movie, he's really good in it.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 4
RE: Ben Wishaw - 19/3/2013 7:53:35 PM   
Magenta

I remember him first in Layer Cake as Sidney but certainly grabbed my attention in Perfume: The Story of a Murderer which is one of my most favourite films,but then I'm also a Tom Tykwer fan.
Lots of reasons for loving I'm Not There and Ben was definetly one of them. Then he completly broke me in Bright Star with his performance as John Keats just mesmerizing.
I think Ben is a stand out british actors of our times and I would always be interested in seeing him in a film,I havn't as yet but am looking forward to seeing Cloud Atlas.

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to valentine225)
Post #: 5
RE: Ben Wishaw - 20/3/2013 11:46:04 AM   
ElephantBoy

Think he is very good, didn't relise he'd been in so much

A very sublte character actor, can play bemused geeks, charmers or sinister villains. Really liked him in The Hour on TV.

(in reply to Magenta)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Actors And Auteurs >> Ben Wishaw Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI