Veronica Mars movie

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Veronica Mars movie Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Veronica Mars movie - 13/3/2013 9:08:10 PM   
Citizen Dildo

Mods, feel free to move this to future films if more appropriate - I couldn't get the existing threads on Small Screen index to work.

So, without wanting to sound like a teenage One Direction fan.... OMG, how exciting is today's news??! See Empire homepage for further details but its now a 99% lock that this movie will be made. Looks like they'll hit $2m by midnight, the only question is how big the budget gets.

Currently they can't take non US donations but Rob Thomas has tweeted that this should be addressed soon. 25 for a digital copy of the movie within days of release would be enough to convince me.

What does everyone think of the news? Putting the business model aside, what and who do we want to see in the film? Brief outline seems to involve a Neptune reunion and Thomas mentions the desire to include as many fan faves as possible.

Finally, does anyone know if seasons 1-3 can be viewed legally in the UK?

Why would anyone ever wanna leave Baltimore?
Post #: 1
RE: Veronica Mars movie - 14/3/2013 11:10:34 AM   
NicGibsn

Recently I came to know that "Veronica Mars Movie has Raised $1M in Four Hours on Kickstarter ", that's unbelievable.

business phone providers

(in reply to Citizen Dildo)
Post #: 2
RE: Veronica Mars movie - 14/3/2013 11:46:34 AM   
elab49

Given the target was reached so easily, Future FIlms is the only place it can go.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to NicGibsn)
Post #: 3
RE: Veronica Mars movie - 14/3/2013 11:56:49 AM   
Lazy wolf eyes

This is seriously exciting news! I came to VM pretty late so it was already cancelled when I became a fan. A reunion sounds fantastic, always thought the show worked better in a claustrophobic high school setting.

It looks like a done deal Logan, Dick and Keith are in, but I'd love to see Weevil, Vinnie, Trina, Madison and Clemmons. And maybe Lynn Echolls. Which is unlikely but I think there was talk of bringing her back at some point.

I first watched the series (heavily edited) on E4. They might repeat it with this news. I bought the dvds from Germany on Amazon. You can get all three series on there for under 50 but there's only one left.

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 4
RE: Veronica Mars movie - 14/3/2013 1:04:32 PM   
NCC1701A

Really can not wait for this. I saw it on E4 loved it from the start got the three seasons on DVD. Did I say that I can not wait for this.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Lazy wolf eyes)
Post #: 5
RE: Veronica Mars movie - 14/3/2013 1:28:03 PM   
MonsterCat

I'm going to get a Kickstarter page opened for that sequel to The Hottie and the Nottie we've all been clamoring for.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to NCC1701A)
Post #: 6
RE: Veronica Mars movie - 18/3/2013 6:57:49 PM   
Citizen Dildo

A lot more plot detail in the Huff Post link below.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/18/veronica-mars-movie-rob-thomas-interview_n_2886643.html

Veronica has gone 9 years without taking a case! 9 years without seeing Logan. Trained as a lawyer. Interesting take, wish we could fast forward 12 months to see this.

Funding has predictably but rapidly slowed. Hopefully they can get non US/Canada deals agreed and see what sort of cash that brings.

Why would anyone ever wanna leave Baltimore?

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 7
RE: Veronica Mars movie - 20/3/2013 11:58:45 AM   
ElephantBoy

Only seen a few episodes of the series, but saw enough there to suggest this could make for an enjoyable little film, if they stick to the basics and expand for the big screen.

(in reply to Citizen Dildo)
Post #: 8
RE: Veronica Mars movie - 27/3/2013 6:30:44 PM   
Lazy wolf eyes

They've opened up the funding for Europe, Australia and New Zealand. It's picking up pace again.

If God had wanted us to walk everywhere he wouldn't have given us Little Chefs.

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> Veronica Mars movie Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI