Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Gary Oldman Will Fight The Ape Uprising

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gary Oldman Will Fight The Ape Uprising Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gary Oldman Will Fight The Ape Uprising - 1/3/2013 9:02:37 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Should be good - 1/3/2013 9:02:37 AM   
Okester

Looking forward to this one. Thought the first film was top drawer. I take it James Franco's character is not returning then - maybe a cameo..

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 1/3/2013 9:19:40 PM   
BenTramer

Gary Oldman is not the actor he was in the 90s. Back then, he'd just come off an incredible run of performances that saw him play Sid Vicious, Joe Orton, Lee Harvey Oswald, Beethoven and Dracula. Now, he just does big budget movies like Batman, Robocop and this for the money. He sleepwalks through roles these days and it's sad to see as that guy really had something.

Post #: 3
RE : Gary Oldman is not the actor he was - 2/3/2013 2:23:50 AM   
rtleeson

Completely disagree Oldman is a true character actor. If you hadn't searched him for interviews you would have no idea what he sounded like in real life. Oldman is truly old school and is a truly brilliant character actor. The Sid Vicious film was awful but he still saw it through to the end.

Post #: 4
- 2/3/2013 11:30:31 AM   
BenTramer

It's an inarguable fact that Gary Oldman is not the actor he once was. He does Harry Potter and all these other blockbusters for the money. Tinker, Tailor was a step away from that but he underplayed Smiley so much that he did virtually nothing and his performance was hugely overrated. I was referring to Oldman's performance as Sid Vicious not the quality of the movie - two different things.

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gary Oldman Will Fight The Ape Uprising Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI