Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Third Hobbit Pic Moves To December 2014

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Third Hobbit Pic Moves To December 2014 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Third Hobbit Pic Moves To December 2014 - 1/3/2013 8:54:44 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
zzzz - 1/3/2013 8:54:44 AM   
Okester

After the shambolic mess of the first part - overlong, with poor visual effects (could easily have been an hour shorter), I shall not be holding my breath for this one. Can't help but feel they're mugging the fanboys off with this bloated overstretched "trilogy". Just making sure they can ring as much money out of the coffers as possible. No doubt there'll be the bluray releases followed by the extended releases, followed by the whole 6 part collector's boxset etc....
Could easily have done the whole thing in one film, two tops. Very cynical. Bet Empire gives it a 4/5 star "we love Peter Jackson"review though. King Kong - 5 stars. Really...?

That's my rant over. Normally save those for Monday mornings ;)

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
exactly - 1/3/2013 10:25:25 AM   
waggle

I can't disagree with the about comment,was disappointed with the whole thing not sure I will bother with the cash cow sequels!

Post #: 3
- 1/3/2013 11:29:16 AM   
naresh prana

OMG!!!!...Should still wait till 2014...WTF!!!...Am waitng for it from last 6 months

Post #: 4
Hmmmm - 1/3/2013 12:20:34 PM   
pete_traynor

“it’s probably a good move by the studio, since it gets the film away from competing with X-Men: Days Of Future Past.”

Really? I very much doubt WB gave that a 2nd thought.

It would have trounced it into the ground. As questionable as much of AUJ was
(an awful lot for me!), Tolkien film adaptations have very few franchises that could threaten their box office… and I just don’t see X-Men as one of them. Fantasy just plays better nearer Christmas and a Tolkien film being released in the height of summer would just not feel right.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 1/3/2013 12:22:38 PM >

Post #: 5
RE: Hmmmm - 1/3/2013 12:56:15 PM   
BelfastBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

“it’s probably a good move by the studio, since it gets the film away from competing with X-Men: Days Of Future Past.”

Really? I very much doubt WB gave that a 2nd thought.

It would have trounced it into the ground. As questionable as much of AUJ was
(an awful lot for me!), Tolkien film adaptations have very few franchises that could threaten their box office… and I just don’t see X-Men as one of them. Fantasy just plays better nearer Christmas and a Tolkien film being released in the height of summer would just not feel right.

Fair point about summertime. Harry Potter 3 was, if memory serves, released in the summer so Warner Bros could have a big film out that summer to keep their accountants and shareholders happy. It didn't feel right having Harry Potter out in the summer and, relatively speaking, the box office takings were down on the previous two films that had been released in December.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 6
next in the news... - 1/3/2013 4:27:03 PM   
perks2010

the sky is blue.

Post #: 7
RE: next in the news... - 2/3/2013 1:01:32 AM   
NeoBrowser

Good move. I like my Tolkien in December

(in reply to perks2010)
Post #: 8
RE: zzzz - 2/3/2013 12:56:12 PM   
NCC1701A

quote:

ORIGINAL: Okester

After the shambolic mess of the first part - overlong, with poor visual effects (could easily have been an hour shorter), I shall not be holding my breath for this one. Can't help but feel they're mugging the fanboys off with this bloated overstretched "trilogy". Just making sure they can ring as much money out of the coffers as possible. No doubt there'll be the bluray releases followed by the extended releases, followed by the whole 6 part collector's boxset etc....
Could easily have done the whole thing in one film, two tops. Very cynical. Bet Empire gives it a 4/5 star "we love Peter Jackson"review though. King Kong - 5 stars. Really...?

That's my rant over. Normally save those for Monday mornings ;)

Nothing wrong with King Kong at all. The Hobbit was boring. But so was Lord of the Rings.

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to Okester)
Post #: 9
- 3/3/2013 3:15:31 AM   
Bluebloodedbastard

I for one, am a certified Tolkien addict. I loved the first Hobbit movie, and that they added relevant elements that place the film into a wider context. If that makes it bad, then I worry about the attention spans of the film's detractors. I think it's a cheap shot to say their only motivation for making more films was more revenue. There is a massive narrative to explore, and that's what they are doing. I for one can't wait for the next installment.

Post #: 10
- 3/3/2013 4:06:19 PM   
Whistler

It sounds a little like they had this planned all along, and just pretended it was going to be released in the summer to appease those who were annoyed that they would have to wait another whole year to see the end after the announcement of three parts. Still, I'm quite happy with the news. Middle Earth has always been in December.

Post #: 11
RE: - 4/3/2013 10:12:29 PM   
Pottmann

I was not excited when i got a chance to watch 1st Hobbit, but was suprised a lot on how much it diffres from LoTR series. Though i dont feel upset if they move it even 2015 :)

-Jo http://sleepcosy.com/

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Third Hobbit Pic Moves To December 2014 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI