Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Singer Talks Peter Dinklage's X-Men Role

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Singer Talks Peter Dinklage's X-Men Role Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Singer Talks Peter Dinklage's X-Men Role - 22/2/2013 9:11:50 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Modok! - 22/2/2013 9:11:50 AM   
Artoo

I'd lay every penny I have on him playing Modok! It's the most obvious piece of casting since Patrick Stewart as Proffessor X!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
I reckon - 22/2/2013 9:31:42 AM   
MusicLovesYou

He'll be playing Bolivar Trask. Days of Future Past is about Sentinels after all.

Post #: 3
RE: I reckon - 22/2/2013 10:46:29 AM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: MusicLovesYou

He'll be playing Bolivar Trask. Days of Future Past is about Sentinels after all.

Trask was in X3 and was played by Bill Duke. If theres any continuity to be had (which Singer has said there will be) then going from a tall, bald, black man to a small white man is a bit of an ask! Also - why would they cast a midget as Trask who is a normal sized man in the comics? Theres no reason for it at all!

Then again as we all know directors and studios etc can fiddle with the source material in order to make it work for them on screen, which could mean Dinklage is indeed playing Trask or that they are adding a character from the same universe into a story that doesn't originally include him (Modok). Clearly, my money is on the latter!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to MusicLovesYou)
Post #: 4
Trask or Bastion - 22/2/2013 10:47:02 AM   
Gazzabrook

I agree he's going to have a part with the Sentinels. As I've said before MODOK is more avengers than x-men (even if MODOK would be cool to see on the big screen) But i say Trask or Bastion, Yes Trask was in Last stand but no one remembers/knew in the first place and Bastion is just awesome

Post #: 5
Wolverine... - 22/2/2013 10:53:50 AM   
hazy

but from a long way away.

Post #: 6
Watcher - 22/2/2013 12:07:25 PM   
Demonshead

My moneys on Uatu the Watcher ;)

Post #: 7
RE: Trask or Bastion - 22/2/2013 12:09:04 PM   
MusicLovesYou

Artoo, Yeah you're right, I totally forgot about Bill Duke! Maybe Gyrich then? Although he was played briefly by somebody in X1 if memory serves. Maybe the alternate timelines thing could mean an alternate version of Trask...although alternate or not, a tall, bald black fella to a white, thick-haired midget is a bit of a stretch! If he's playing Bastion that would be awesome, although the no CGI thing might prove difficult as there are bits of Bastion that might require it at some stage.

(in reply to Gazzabrook)
Post #: 8
Modok?!? - 22/2/2013 12:15:40 PM   
PitchBlue

What's Modok got to do with Days Of Future Past? I'll tell you what, absolutely nothing. So why the suggestion?

Post #: 9
RE: Modok?!? - 22/2/2013 2:16:30 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: PitchBlue

What's Modok got to do with Days Of Future Past? I'll tell you what, absolutely nothing. So why the suggestion?

It's not too far fetched because as I said in my original post - studio's and directors alike are always messing with the source material so it suits their needs. If MODOK is in the Marvel universe, they can shoe horn him into any Marvel property they want - especially as his type of character fits the tone! Perhaps Trask is too boring a villain, perhaps they will write it so the Sentinel technology was created by MODOK and A.I.M in the future timeline as opposed to being created by Trask! Plus, as I also said earlier - Trask has already been in another X-Movie played by a tall bald black man in Bill Duke!!

On top of that - I read some time ago in an interview with Christopher Markus (the writer for Cap 2) who said he would love to see Peter Dinklage playing MODOK in a Marvel film. A few months later Dinklage is cast is a Marvel film! It might be a coincidence, butt then again it might not!

(in reply to PitchBlue)
Post #: 10
RE: Trask or Bastion - 22/2/2013 2:26:07 PM   
Artoo

quote:

Artoo, Yeah you're right, I totally forgot about Bill Duke! Maybe Gyrich then? Although he was played briefly by somebody in X1 if memory serves. Maybe the alternate timelines thing could mean an alternate version of Trask...although alternate or not, a tall, bald black fella to a white, thick-haired midget is a bit of a stretch! If he's playing Bastion that would be awesome, although the no CGI thing might prove difficult as there are bits of Bastion that might require it at some stage.

In terms of continuity they may well ignore X-3 for this movie and forget it was ever made (I wish I could) which would mean he could well be playing Trask! Bastion would be cool but (depending on the image they would want to give him) looks nothing like Dinklage so I doubt it's him! Could be Gyrich too.......

As much as I enjoy all the speculation I wish they'd just tell us who he's playing already!!

Post #: 11
RE: Trask or Bastion - 22/2/2013 3:29:17 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

Gyrich was in the original movie... or at least Mystique was disguised as him. Magneto said that he'd been dead for some time when Senator Kelly asked.

I don't think MODOK will be part of this film, for the simple reason that I can't see that character ever working on-screen... at least not in something with X-Men's grounding in relative reality.

Has it been confirmed that Dinklage will be a villain? As far as I knew that's just a rumour.

Post #: 12
RE: Modok?!? - 22/2/2013 3:31:33 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

quote:

It's not too far fetched because as I said in my original post - studio's and directors alike are always messing with the source material so it suits their needs. If MODOK is in the Marvel universe, they can shoe horn him into any Marvel property they want - especially as his type of character fits the tone! Perhaps Trask is too boring a villain, perhaps they will write it so the Sentinel technology was created by MODOK and A.I.M in the future timeline as opposed to being created by Trask! Plus, as I also said earlier - Trask has already been in another X-Movie played by a tall bald black man in Bill Duke!!

On top of that - I read some time ago in an interview with Christopher Markus (the writer for Cap 2) who said he would love to see Peter Dinklage playing MODOK in a Marvel film. A few months later Dinklage is cast is a Marvel film! It might be a coincidence, butt then again it might not!

No they can't... for the simple reason that Fox only owns the characters from the X-Men books.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 13
RE: Modok?!? - 22/2/2013 4:26:05 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

quote:

No they can't... for the simple reason that Fox only owns the characters from the X-Men books.

FOX actually don't have a definitive list of who they can and can't use. They have the "rights" to use any character that frequently shows up in the X-Men comics (characters that aren't already owned by other studio's like Spiderman, Iron Man, Cap etc). MODOK has turned up in the X-Men comics a number of times (although I wouldn't say frequently!)

Just FYI guys - I'm not saying "I know he'll be MODOK so fuck you! I'm right you're wrong!" I'm just saying it's a possibility, and the one I personally put more stock in over the others!

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 14
RE: Modok?!? - 22/2/2013 4:43:52 PM   
AxlReznor

As far as I can tell, MODOK has appeared in X-Men comics exactly twice, and that was in 2006. I could be wrong, though. In any case, I'd be highly surprised if they were allowed to use him... and I really hope they're not.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 15
- 22/2/2013 6:00:19 PM   
bigdog1000

I dont give a PUCK (google it fucktards)

Post #: 16
RE: Modok?!? - 22/2/2013 6:03:46 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

As far as I can tell, MODOK has appeared in X-Men comics exactly twice, and that was in 2006. I could be wrong, though. In any case, I'd be highly surprised if they were allowed to use him... and I really hope they're not.

Plus Singer has confirmed that Dinklage's character won't be CGI based so I'd be very surprised if it turns out to be MODOK.

Puck seems like the safest bet.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Singer Talks Peter Dinklage's X-Men Role Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI