Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

2013 Oscar Nominees Profiled: Best Actress

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> 2013 Oscar Nominees Profiled: Best Actress Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2013 Oscar Nominees Profiled: Best Actress - 19/2/2013 11:25:23 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Emmanuelle Riva's performance... - 19/2/2013 11:25:23 AM   
Toursiveu

... was extremely impressive in the second part of the film, after she had her first stroke.
But most French-speakers hated her performance in the first part of the film because of the terrible dialogue. Michael Haneke is not originally a french-speaker and he wrote dialogue that is terribly stilted and unfamiliar, it just doesn't ring true, particularly the way SHE talks to him. The dialogue between them is way too bourgeois and unbelievable to be taken seriously. I've seen the film twice and people in the cinema were wondering is she really going to talk like that all the time?"... Jean-Louis Trintignant deserved a nomination more than she did...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online >> 2013 Oscar Nominees Profiled: Best Actress Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI