Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Destiny

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Destiny Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Destiny - 11/9/2014 8:01:48 PM   
Ghidorah

I'm nearing level thirteen and I have mix feelings over this. I think I'm at fault because I wanted an update to the Halo franchies on the PS4, but instead this feel like a new type of game but using the Halo mechanics. It's a shame because everything is good but it not Bungie's Halo and the multiplayer deathmatch appears to be a let down. I only played one death match but it doesn't bring me back to the good old Halo days.

BTW this maybe a spoiler but has anyone played the these levels were you are forced to join two other human players and take down bosses? I done two already and the second one is tougher than the first. I think it took us thirty minutes to take down the boss. One of us stay behind in a semi secure location to keep the respawns in constant supply while the other two go out in the field to take down a 30 meter tall monster and it horde of bodyguards.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 31
RE: Destiny - 15/9/2014 12:00:38 PM   
sroey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

I'm nearing level thirteen and I have mix feelings over this. I think I'm at fault because I wanted an update to the Halo franchies on the PS4, but instead this feel like a new type of game but using the Halo mechanics. It's a shame because everything is good but it not Bungie's Halo and the multiplayer deathmatch appears to be a let down. I only played one death match but it doesn't bring me back to the good old Halo days.

BTW this maybe a spoiler but has anyone played the these levels were you are forced to join two other human players and take down bosses? I done two already and the second one is tougher than the first. I think it took us thirty minutes to take down the boss. One of us stay behind in a semi secure location to keep the respawns in constant supply while the other two go out in the field to take down a 30 meter tall monster and it horde of bodyguards.

I'm currently a level 18 Titan, I have no desire to change subclass or start a new character. The actual gameplay is great and addictive. Story etc it gets slightly better as you move away from the moon (venus etc) but the missions are so identical it is comical. You basically fight your way into an old compound/research lab/temple and protect Ghost while he decodes something/breaks a lock/hacks into security etc etc.

Those matchmaking levels are the Strike Missions. They are great as you actually get to socialize with other players.They are also useful for grinding away and leveling up...

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 32
RE: Destiny - 15/9/2014 2:15:22 PM   
paulyboy

Yeah the lack of variety throughout the story missions, patrols and strikes is disturbing, if you're not protecting Ghost whilst he hacks something then you're probably taking on a bullet sponge boss. Rinse, repeat. Mind you, it's an FPS at the end of the day, you could argue everything boils down to shooting aliens in the face. I do think they could spruce it up though, speeder races, stealth sections, etc, etc.

That said, strangely I'm finding it quite addictive regardless, it's just fun bouncing around with your mates shooting stuff seeing what loot rewards you get and so forth.

It's a bizarre game, it's just not quite there, I'm actually really glad it seems to be selling like hot-cakes, over time with some feedback it could grow into something very special indeed. Currently though, even though I'm thoroughly enjoying it, it's easy to see where improvements can be made, Gamespot's 6/10 review maybe a touch on the harsh side, but it's hard not to agree with all it's points.

< Message edited by paulyboy -- 15/9/2014 2:40:51 PM >

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 33
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> RE: Destiny Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI