Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Destiny

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> Destiny Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Destiny - 18/2/2013 9:17:40 AM   
sroey

So last night Bungie kind of revealed info and one of those vidocs on their next gaming epic -Destiny:

Reveal

FAQ

Its kind of an FPS set in an online persistent world - not quite an MMOFPS...I am still a bit unsure of the online aspects...

Post #: 1
RE: Destiny - 21/2/2013 1:12:45 PM   
Chief

Just plug me in now.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 2
RE: Destiny - 31/10/2013 9:54:21 PM   
kata

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9GNgeVejF8&feature=youtu.be

XBL: GeneralLee79
PSN: GeneralLee_UK
Steam: GeneralLee_uk

Lovely detective work.

"Don't buy wigs that come off at the wrong time"

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 3
RE: Destiny - 2/11/2013 10:39:36 PM   
target

I'm really looking forward to this. It looks great.

I got some destiny posters from Eurogamer and laminated and mounted them to boards at work.

I think they turned out pretty well.

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 4
RE: Destiny - 2/11/2013 10:56:38 PM   
kata

Jealous.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 5
RE: Destiny - 23/7/2014 9:16:32 AM   
MBeard

Surprised this isn't higher on the discussion list.

Destiny Beta for both consoles is out now - any ideas where I can get an Xbox code from?

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 6
RE: Destiny - 23/7/2014 9:37:32 AM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: MBeard

Because Empire is dead now.

I got a code from an extremely kind forumite. Hopefully get on tonight for a bit.

I originally wasn't that interested after the initial gamplay trailer but after watching a few more MP vids I'm sold.

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 7
RE: Destiny - 23/7/2014 12:34:57 PM   
superdan

I finished the Beta missions on Monday, and I'll definitely be getting the game when it comes out. Wasn't sure about it at first, but it grew on me pretty quickly and the online aspect seems well done. The final mission I ended up fighting alongside two other strangers and we managed to work together and get it sorted quite expertly which was fun.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 8
RE: Destiny - 23/7/2014 7:17:45 PM   
target

I got three codes for some reason. So got two spare if anyone wants them.

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 9
RE: Destiny - 23/7/2014 7:19:24 PM   
target

quote:

Destiny Beta for both consoles is out now - any ideas where I can get an Xbox code from?

Just seen this ill pm you a code if you want?

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 10
RE: Destiny - 24/7/2014 1:53:39 PM   
Chief

quote:

ORIGINAL: target

quote:

Just seen this ill pm you a code if you want?

These for XB1?

Borstal may want one if so.

(in reply to target)
Post #: 11
RE: Destiny - 24/7/2014 2:15:06 PM   
borstal

Cheers Chief.

Yus please for a code

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 12
RE: Destiny - 24/7/2014 3:09:05 PM   
Chief

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/146334

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 13
RE: Destiny - 24/7/2014 7:07:42 PM   
target

quote:

ORIGINAL: borstal

Cheers Chief.

Yus please for a code

Sorry gave my other two away last night. if i here of anymore ill let you know.

(in reply to borstal)
Post #: 14
RE: Destiny - 24/7/2014 7:17:31 PM   
borstal

No worries.

"Can you imagine the satisfaction of slamming that camping cunt Scott with a missile while sitting in Costa?" - Chief

http://www.redbubble.com/people/borstal
http://letterboxd.com/borstal/

(in reply to target)
Post #: 15
RE: Destiny - 25/7/2014 10:11:50 AM   
Chief

Beta open to everyone now.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 16
RE: Destiny - 28/7/2014 9:52:25 AM   
MBeard

So what did everyone think? I thoroughly enjoyed it - release day purchase for me I think.

PM me for Xbox Live Details!

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 17
RE: Destiny - 28/7/2014 10:44:24 AM   
paulyboy

Yeah I enjoyed it, especially the level 6 strike mission, which me and two mates foolishly thought we'd try before we'd really levelled up enough, that spider tank took a fucking age to take down.

The whole thing works quite well, a hybrid of Halo, Mass Effect & World of Warcraft, sort of.

I'll be interested to see how much content is there in the full game, especially what the game world offers once you've polished off the campaign.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to MBeard)
Post #: 18
RE: Destiny - 28/7/2014 5:08:02 PM   
Scott_

It was OK, I enjoyed bits of what I played. I was hoping for more exploration over a "go here, shoot that" experience to be honest. It's very pretty, but it plays like a less amusing Borderlands. You can't properly judge it off a BETA test I suppose but I think I'll wait for reviews before deciding whether to buy it or not.

"You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig."

Check out my top 21 films - http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3188740

360 Gamertag - SmokinFuzz

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 19
RE: Destiny - 22/8/2014 8:18:20 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

I didn't enjoy the multiplayer at all. far too 'floaty' for my liking. I did enjoy the co-op missions though, they were great fun. Don't think it's my type of game though really so wil be sitting this one out.

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to Scott_)
Post #: 20
RE: Destiny - 6/9/2014 9:04:37 AM   
kata

Anybody interested in teaming up to do the raid on PS4?

Needs 6 people working together.

Lovely detective work.

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 21
RE: Destiny - 8/9/2014 9:55:41 AM   
paulyboy

Sorry dude, have gone for the Xbox version.

Anybody else have the funny feeling we're all going to be staring at "could not connect" screens of some sort from tonight through to the next few days.

I hope I'm wrong, but a multi-platform online game launch of this magnitude rarely goes smoothly.

(in reply to kata)
Post #: 22
RE: Destiny - 8/9/2014 6:30:59 PM   
Sexual Harassment Panda

Decided to plump for this in the end from Tesco Direct. I was going to wait til next week once reviews start making their way into the public eye but at £35 I thought it rude not to buy it.

I still have my reservations though, I felt the Alpha was great, nothing particularly ground breaking, no matter how innovative Bungie try to make the game out to be it's fair to say this is just a fancy looking Bordlerands clone and that's no bad thing. But... I thought the beta was less impressive, the gameplay was broken up too much by loading screens and menus after each mission, I'd rather it all flow on and continue until I choose to leave the planet/area.

My main concern however is the rumoured size of the game, which is why I think there's a review embargo. 5 or 6 planets/maps are rumoured to make up the games entirety with the biggest area being Old Russia from the beta. That's a very small playing space for a game that revolves around exploration and grinding through the same missions/side quests in the same area. One of the best things about Borderlands was the sheer size of the game, and the variation each area offered.

Suppose we'll find out once we have it/reviews are here.

I decided to plump for the PS4 version, as long as the Xbox OS is still begging to be scrapped and replaced I just find myself preferring to turn on the PS4 instead, plus remote play is a bonus.

< Message edited by Sexual Harassment Panda -- 8/9/2014 6:32:45 PM >

Ole Gunnar Solskj�r - 1996-2007

Member of the MW2 Star 69 Club
Member of the CoD4 Mile High Club

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 23
RE: Destiny - 9/9/2014 9:02:28 AM   
UTB

Hopefully my PS4 copy will turn up today.

(in reply to Sexual Harassment Panda)
Post #: 24
RE: Destiny - 9/9/2014 10:44:28 AM   
sroey

Pre-loaded the XB1 version last night. Will have a blast later

Quite a decent little first review type article gone up at Metro:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/09/destiny-review-in-progress-the-first-day-4861356/

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 25
RE: Destiny - 10/9/2014 8:06:05 AM   
BigKovacs

Is there a single player campaign?

Gamertag: Cambo1979.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 26
RE: Destiny - 10/9/2014 10:15:24 AM   
Ghidorah

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigKovacs

Is there a single player campaign?

It's very difficult to answer this because you can play it as a single campaign but at the sametime you will encounter other players. In the open worlds there will be at least five other players running about, however in the 'dungeons' it will only be you. So for example on the surface you could be in a gun battle and other players come to your aid, but in the dungeons you are totally independent.

(in reply to BigKovacs)
Post #: 27
RE: Destiny - 11/9/2014 10:01:09 AM   
sroey

First thoughts on Destiny below:

Currently playing through as a Titan with my brother who is playing as a Warlock. We have managed to work up to level 8 so far and have just done a couple of the moon missions. The latest mission we tried to play through was the Moon mission where you find the Princes (3 of them) and shoot them. You have to shoot everything. Or defend Ghost (MechaDinklage).

The good:

Shooting mechanics are nice and strong and it feels good. It really does feel like halo. There are rarely any one shot kills (so far). It is also great fun in co-op and I like how you can opt to go in at a harder level for the story missions. For example, the moon mission mentioned above on normal is a level 8 story mission. On Hard it's level 11. And level 11 Knights of the Swarm take an age to kill when you are only level 8. Seriously, that mission took us an hour and half just to kill one lvl 11 Knight (including fighting our way to him). Anyone saying it's a short game really should try the harder missions. Graphically it's very very good looking and very polished. The moon especially is great to look at. It's not jaw-dropping by any means but the art design is great.

The bad:

The story and how it is delivered. The story is pish, seriously I was expecting something epic and sweeping but all we get is a giant sphere being chased by the darkness. And that's it, go shoot everything! Might be just me but I was expecting more, it's so forgettable it's laughable! The narrative structure is awful, the Grimoire cards you collect should be accessible in game!! Seriously just seems like a big copout making you go to the Bungie website to view them. It's also a mistake as you are relying on Ghost to explain everything to you and it gets lost half the time. It really is a 'go here and kill everything' style game.

When you are out in the open world and you encounter other players it feels great, when you move into a restricted spawn zone and they disappear? It's a big issue for me, why is there not an option to easily and quickly team up with open world players? Why not let them come along and scale the enemies accordingly?

Spawning enemies...wander around a small area of Russia - especially when the enemies are fighting each other - kill everyone, turn your back for 2 secs or around a corner...yep they are all back fighting each other again! It's an immersion killer.

So far:

I do like the game - it's great fun in co-op but the hype has harmed the game. Lower your expectations and you will find a decent online FPS with limited social elements. I'll update as I level up and play through more...

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 28
RE: Destiny - 11/9/2014 11:35:33 AM   
paulyboy

Yeah, narratively it's shite, if I'm being brutally honest. Never been Bungie's strong suit in my opinion, it's the one area 343 really improved upon with Halo 4.

Other than that though it's a hoot, did the strike mission on the moon last night. Jesus, DO NOT attempt that if you're a lower level than suggested. I was foolish enough to try at level 10, even though the rest of my fireteam was levelled up to 12 & 13 respectively, to say we had a rough time with it would be a huge understatement.

Nice to see Bungie finally hit 1080p with the retail release on Xbox One also, I'm not normally of the opinion that the difference between 900p and 1080p is that great, but with an open world like this with lots of distant detail it helps a fair bit, it's very nice looking.

(in reply to sroey)
Post #: 29
RE: Destiny - 11/9/2014 11:58:19 AM   
UTB

I'm enjoying it. I actually prefer that there isn't much of a story as I'm not in a position to spend so much time on it that the story matters - I just want to jump in and shoot stuff.

Is amusing seeing other players around. Especially when you both break into dance.

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad >> Destiny Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI