Up There

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Up There Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Up There - 16/2/2013 9:52:35 PM   
Magenta

I've been carrying around a newspaper cutting since november 2012 with a review of this film called Up There.
It's a feature debut from writer/director Zam Salim who I must admit rings no bells with me and yet somehow the premise and tone of this film has caught my attention.
Martin ( Burn Gorman) who's Buster Keaton style ( so the clipping says) performance is perfectly attuned to the central role.
Our "hero" is killed in a car crash only to discover that the afterlife is rather dull,later he meets chirpy Rash ( Aymen Hamdouchi) and is assigned a role as a carer for the newly deceased and sent to a resort in search of a runaway.
Have I sold it to you ?
I havn't been able to find a screening anywhere and I am lucky enough to have a local arts centre who usually deliver as well as two local independant cinemas who I quite often can depend on but to date no joy.
maybe it's a straight to dvd ?
So the question is has anyone heard of this film? and at best even seen it?
yours in anticipation ...

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

Post #: 1
RE: Up There - 16/2/2013 10:02:00 PM   
elab49

I think it might only have been shown in Glasgow as it was filmed around here - the GFF last year I think, and in the cinema late last year.

You are, however, in luck

http://www.glasgowfilm.org/player/4414_up_there

this is where I saw it - it's one of the curated films on the GFT Player.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Magenta)
Post #: 2
RE: Up There - 16/2/2013 10:05:49 PM   
Scruffybobby

Haven't seen it but I had heard of it

According to amazon it's out next week

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Up-There-DVD/dp/B00AFDJAVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1361052164&sr=1-1

"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." - Robin Williams

(in reply to Magenta)
Post #: 3
RE: Up There - 16/2/2013 10:16:18 PM   
Magenta

Ah thanks Elab ..
You've seen it?
Have you done a synopsis and small review anywhere? Hope it was a worthy 80 mins ..
I have to say from my location I'd get to the south of France quicker than Glasgow but thanks for the info I have added.
Sorry my post had to be moved I did ask a mod who said movie musing would be the place but I wont name any names

“If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you, but the question is, if I die, what are you going to do? Bon appétit... Eat or die. "

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 4
RE: Up There - 16/2/2013 10:18:14 PM   
Magenta

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scruffybobby

Haven't seen it but I had heard of it

According to amazon it's out next week

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Up-There-DVD/dp/B00AFDJAVW/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1361052164&sr=1-1

Thanks Mr Scruffy thanks for that much appreciated.

(in reply to Scruffybobby)
Post #: 5
RE: Up There - 16/2/2013 10:21:16 PM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: Magenta

Ah thanks Elab ..
You've seen it?
Have you done a synopsis and small review anywhere? Hope it was a worthy 80 mins ..
I have to say from my location I'd get to the south of France quicker than Glasgow but thanks for the info I have added.
Sorry my post had to be moved I did ask a mod who said movie musing would be the place but I wont name any names

I think the Player is accessible from anywhere - it's run by Distrify which is, I think, international (although not all films may be?).

It was interesting, and watchable, although I'm not sure I'd get the DVD for a quick rewatch. I think your short synopsis pretty much covers it though.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Magenta)
Post #: 6
RE: Up There - 16/2/2013 10:31:46 PM   
Magenta

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

It was interesting, and watchable, although I'm not sure I'd get the DVD for a quick rewatch. I think your short synopsis pretty much covers it though.

ha! ok maybe a pic from the film may create an exciting teaser..

and then again
ahh I'm still up for a view..

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Knowledge Base >> Up There Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI