Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Harrison Ford Back For Star Wars VII?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Harrison Ford Back For Star Wars VII? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Harrison Ford Back For Star Wars VII? - 15/2/2013 8:14:51 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Crystal Skull - 15/2/2013 8:14:51 PM   
HulkySmashSmash

You (the magazine as a whole) can't go giving Crystal Skull 4 stars and then say you ('we') wished he'd passed on it.
That's very NME of you.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Got to get him - 15/2/2013 8:20:01 PM   
Jonda Fett

In my opinion these sequels need Ford, Hamill and Fisher. I will watch no matter what but I just think they will tie better if the original three appear.

Post #: 3
Got to get him - 15/2/2013 8:40:19 PM   
Jonda Fett

In my opinion these sequels need Ford, Hamill and Fisher. I will watch no matter what but I just think they will tie better if the original three appear.

Post #: 4
RE: Crystal Skull - 15/2/2013 8:45:21 PM   
musht

quote:

ORIGINAL: HulkySmashSmash

You (the magazine as a whole) can't go giving Crystal Skull 4 stars and then say you ('we') wished he'd passed on it.
That's very NME of you.

That was 1 critic

"SAVE ME, BARRY!!"

"What the hell are Regionals!?"

"color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color"

(in reply to HulkySmashSmash)
Post #: 5
Please, no - 15/2/2013 8:50:58 PM   
Mr Gittes

I really hope this new trilogy has a different story with new characters. Although, given he was the last remaining Jedi, Hamill would be more than welcome as far as I'm concerned. If he's on board, I'd like to see him get a supporting role. His acting's definitely improved over the years (his Joker is amazing) whereas Harrison Ford just doesn't have that spark anymore and Han isn't the kind of character you ever want to see as an old man. I wouldn't mind Carrie Fisher making an appearance I guess. But if this Ford thing turns out to be true, god I hope it's just a quick cameo.

Post #: 6
RE: Crystal Skull - 15/2/2013 9:57:01 PM   
andrewgc

1 Critic.

1 Review.

1 Magazine.

Better read Rotten Tomatoes in that instance.

(in reply to musht)
Post #: 7
RE: Crystal Skull - 15/2/2013 10:35:06 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: andrewgc

1 Critic.

1 Review.

1 Magazine.

1 Vision!

(in reply to andrewgc)
Post #: 8
RE: Crystal Skull - 15/2/2013 10:48:50 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 9
As Long As It's A Good Job... - 16/2/2013 2:55:12 AM   
Eddy581

Disney have bought the franchise, as we all know, and as long as they put as much effort into these new Star Wars films as they have done in some of their other recent blockbusters, then I'm sure that it will be a good trilogy with or without a returning Harrison Ford. I like Harrison Ford as an actor, and think it would be a great shame for them to pass up the opportunity of having the trio return in these films as mentors and Generals. However, with J. J Abrams on the scene and with the amazing job he did with the Star Trek film, he could rewrite the whole history of Star Wars (with a red matter device, of course) and it would still be a fantastic film. He certainly would have the pull to get Ford, Hamill and Fisher back into the Millenium Falcon, and he can't do any worse than Episodes 1, 2, and 3!!

Post #: 10
No! no. nooonoononono no nono - 16/2/2013 5:38:37 AM   
Kintay

I am a full supporter of the "I like the universe, but we need new characters" line of thought, I am sure there are some familiar faces like Jedi masters who live 800 years or so (a la Yoda), but we don't need any of the old main characters looking old, tired and less talented. It'll ruin the magic that is the world we could be immersed in again so easily.

Post #: 11
Perhaps - 16/2/2013 6:36:44 AM   
montroy

The Star Wars universe lost a lot of original fans when the released the prequel's; oh ok it was Jar Jar Binks's fault. So maybe having the original stars back might make amends! I for one wouldn't mind knowing what they did after ROTJ!

Post #: 12
- 16/2/2013 9:48:08 AM   
shitneck

Han shot first........

Post #: 13
Baby jedI - 16/2/2013 11:58:26 AM   
pa

Surely Han and leia have a kid and it's gonna be about Luke showing the young scoundrel the ways of the force!

Post #: 14
No doubt - 16/2/2013 2:41:15 PM   
echoalpha92

Any future Star Wars film will get a gushing review from empire.
5* for phantom menace, 4* for kingdom of the shitty skulls.
Part of me likes empire for their enthusiasm, however anything Star Wars or Jones related seems to get viewed upon with rose tinted spectacles.

Post #: 15
RE: No doubt - 16/2/2013 3:58:49 PM   
andrewgc

Lucas jerked around for years before coming out and saying there was no 7, 8 and 9. But in Alan Arnold's book The Making Of Empire Strikes Back he discussed with Arnold (who was the unit publicist) that he wrote a story, it got too large so he split it into two, then when each half got too big he split it into three each. Then he added a third trilogy. Then he spent years denying it.

The fan base has always expected a story about Luke creating a new Jedi order with the kids of Han and Leia - with Luke being the Kenobi figure and the others being more of a backstory.

Hopefully it will be better than 1, 2 and 3. After the first Star Wars Lucas seemed to lose track of what it was that people liked about Star Wars. So when it came to Phantom Menace he gave us Jar Jar Binks...............

(in reply to echoalpha92)
Post #: 16
RE: No doubt - 16/2/2013 3:59:16 PM   
rogerebert

The problems with KOTCS weren't Harrison Ford's fault. He made it entertaining as opposed to just crap in my opinion. I'd be interested to see an older Han.

(in reply to echoalpha92)
Post #: 17
I Have A Bad Feeling About This, He He - 16/2/2013 4:50:42 PM   
BenTramer

My initial reaction was excitement that Harrison Ford is coming back to Star Wars but then the bad taste of Crystal Skull and the prequels came back into my mouth and my enthusiasm dipped. It's a long, long time since Harrison Ford made a great movie. There are good things about Star Wars VII though, Lucas isn't directly involved this time and J.J. Abrams did a good job reviving the MIssion Impossible franchise with 3 and 4. So there's hope yet...a new hope even.

< Message edited by BenTramer -- 16/2/2013 4:57:41 PM >

Post #: 18
- 16/2/2013 11:20:05 PM   
Dave Oz

I watched Red Letter Media's review of Crystal Skull a few days ago, and I'm starting to get worried for this new SW trilogy.

Post #: 19
RE: - 17/2/2013 8:00:58 AM   
NeoBrowser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Oz
I watched Red Letter Media's review of Crystal Skull a few days ago, and I'm starting to get worried for this new SW trilogy.

Don't listen to anything RedLetterMedia says. they are a bunch of butthurt hateboys.

(in reply to Dave Oz)
Post #: 20
RE: RE: - 17/2/2013 8:04:13 AM   
NeoBrowser

God I hope Ford's time is short, Kill him off in the first five mins would be perfect

(in reply to NeoBrowser)
Post #: 21
- 17/2/2013 2:08:49 PM   
UncleMonkeyTrousers

This could work if it's Solo on his deathbed reminiscing about his younger years....

But frankly Disney can just write Ford a blank cheque and watch all the SW fans spaff themselves to death.

Post #: 22
RE: RE: - 17/2/2013 7:38:34 PM   
rich

quote:

ORIGINAL: NeoBrowser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Oz

Don't listen to anything RedLetterMedia says. they are a bunch of butthurt hateboys.

Butt-hurt? Really? Not sure what's worse, the casual homophobia or the lack of grammar skills. RLM know exactly what they're talking about. Luckily any new SW is out of George's hands.

As for the news, Harrison was not the problem with Indy 4, he did well enough with the material. Which was terrible. (And until they start calling this Damon Wise Magazine, they can't shirk responsibility for that review debacle or any others)

Meanwhile...

(in reply to NeoBrowser)
Post #: 23
RE: RE: - 18/2/2013 1:46:36 AM   
NeoBrowser

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich
Butt-hurt? Really? Not sure what's worse, the casual homophobia or the lack of grammar skills. RLM know exactly what they're talking about. Luckily any new SW is out of George's hands.
As for the news, Harrison was not the problem with Indy 4, he did well enough with the material. Which was terrible. (And until they start calling this Damon Wise Magazine, they can't shirk responsibility for that review debacle or any others)

Homophoia? Really? How did you jump to that insane conclusion??
And no, RLM don't know shit about what they talk about. Some very intelligent person wrote a 170 page (still shorter to read than to watch the RLM video of it) rebuttal to RLM's atrocious Episode I review, where they detailed the gross amount of sheer stupidity, outright lies, and complete lack of understanding of film or plot.

Oh and the last time they took SW out of GL's hands, we got the Star Wars Holiday Special.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 24
RE: RE: - 18/2/2013 6:29:36 AM   
Drew_231

quote:

ORIGINAL: NeoBrowser
Oh and the last time they took SW out of GL's hands, we got the Star Wars Holiday Special.

And The Empire Strikes Back....

And say what you will about Indy 4 (its nowhere near as bad as some make it out to be), but Harrison Ford was far and away the best thing about it

(in reply to NeoBrowser)
Post #: 25
Love Han Solo... - 18/2/2013 8:29:20 AM   
Porter

...but I don't really want to watch a new SW film and find out he's turned into a miserable old sod, like Mr Ford himself, or a pathetic old codger trying to capture his former glories on the big screen, like our beloved Indy. Move the story on. Let the legends rest in the peace of our treasured memories...and DO NOT let George near the script!

Post #: 26
- 18/2/2013 9:08:34 AM   
petewasbristol

As long as Hamill is in it then that's all that matters.

Post #: 27
RE: - 18/2/2013 10:38:06 AM   
Dannybohy

Its gonna be awesome!!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to petewasbristol)
Post #: 28
Great stuff! - 22/2/2013 9:30:54 AM   
dannyfletch

If this news is indeed true then it's great stuff. It'll be pretty cool to see Ford back in the role of Solo. It'll be great if Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher can come back too but as Ford is by far the better actor then I'm happy enough that it sounds as though he has made the deal.

Post #: 29
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Harrison Ford Back For Star Wars VII? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI