Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Muse - yay or nay?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Muse - yay or nay? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Muse - yay or nay? - 18/3/2013 1:14:54 PM   
Beno

I like them and im nearly 50! I dont buy albums anymore - have'nt for some 10 years - although i like all i have heard of them and always make a beeline to watch any TV show or televised concert or festival they appear on.

Dont know if anyone has said this but i think they would be perfect to do a Bond Theme.

"The one about the space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedalbin. His Father's a robot and he's fucking fucked his Sister. Lego ... They're all made of fucking Lego!!"

(in reply to Musefan)
Post #: 31
RE: Muse - yay or nay? - 18/3/2013 2:54:51 PM   
shool

I think they are incredible. One of my top 3 favourite bands.

Although 2nd Law was disappointing, with a couple of great songs. All of their other albums are phenominal.

so big thumbs up from me.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Beno)
Post #: 32
A Yay-Nay? - 23/3/2013 1:38:35 PM   
Evolved As One

I lost interest of Muse after The Resistance and The 2nd Law. Too OTT for me after that.

Black Holes & Revelations has a few good 'uns on there.

Their first 3 albums are good though, Origin of Symmetry being very good in my opinion.

So it's a yay-nay?

Or a yay then nay?

"They've got you where they want you..."

(in reply to Musefan)
Post #: 33
RE: Muse - yay or nay? - 25/4/2013 7:33:03 AM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Musefan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cloud Cuckoo

I find their lyrics abysmal, really meaningless.

Really? I think the meaning of most of their songs is pretty clear. Maybe the problem is the opposite - not that their lyrics are meaningless, but that the meaning is so clearly laid out that their songs don't have the ambiguous poetic (meaningless?) quality of a band like Radiohead.

That is a very good point, well made.

I should have italicised the "I" in that statement. You are quite right that their lyrics are not literally meaningless, they just do nothing to move me. I will not deny that I like more 'poetic' lyrics, the meaning of which are not always immediately apparent. I like lyrics that take a while to decrypt; words packed with ambiguity and meaning that enrich me and make me feel; lyrics that, when I make sense of them, hit me in the solar plexus and make me appreciate a song as not just fantastic music, but an intricately textured work of art. I don't get that from Muse at all.

I'm guessing by your username you probably hate them...

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to Musefan)
Post #: 34
RE: Muse - yay or nay? - 29/5/2013 1:56:13 PM   
Super Hans

Having been to see them at the weekend for the first time, I have to say I thought they were brilliant live - they certainly put on a hell of a show!

A comment from one or two people I know who saw them too possibly sums up a lot of folks recent opinions of them - "even though they were amazing, it was still probably the worst I've seen them" . So probably a band not currently putting out their best music but still great to see.

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 35
RE: Muse - yay or nay? - 29/5/2013 2:04:52 PM   
Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

Having been to see them at the weekend for the first time, I have to say I thought they were brilliant live - they certainly put on a hell of a show!

Ooh, were you at the Emirates on Saturday then?  I was and it was fucking amazing!

I know that people are saying that they've played better but I saw them at Wembley a few years back and for me this was better (probably because I wasn't up in the gods crapping myself because of my vertigo  ).

Jealous of those seeing them in Manchester this weekend!

Come join in the Photo competition http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=3116407&mpage=1&key=

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 36
RE: Muse - yay or nay? - 30/5/2013 1:29:05 PM   
Super Hans

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hobbitonlass

quote:

ORIGINAL: Super Hans

Ooh, were you at the Emirates on Saturday then?  I was and it was fucking amazing!

I know that people are saying that they've played better but I saw them at Wembley a few years back and for me this was better (probably because I wasn't up in the gods crapping myself because of my vertigo  ).

Jealous of those seeing them in Manchester this weekend!

Aye, we were there! It was a great show, we were high enough up to be classed as 'in the gods' but had a great time all the same.

As someone not used to football stadiums I was surprised to find that it wasn't as big as I'd pictured in my head, so even being almost as far away as possible from the stage, it didn't take away a lot of the experience for me. In my wife & I's post-baby sleep deprived state I'm certainly not sure we could have handled standing!

"Its staring at you in the face Mark, there's only one more sex to try..."

(in reply to Hobbitonlass)
Post #: 37
RE: Muse - yay or nay? - 31/5/2013 11:18:47 PM   
Sumintelligentguy

I was there on the Saturday too!

Muse's latest albums may not reach the heights of Origin or Absolution but their shows make them so worth seeing live. The 2nd Law has some cracking songs though - Panic Station is brilliant.

If anything, I thought this gig was better than when they performed at Wembley back in 2010 simply because it looked they were all having so much fun performing - especially when Bellamy walked through the crowd and came across the man dressed as Spider-Man! And I loved that Time is Running Out and New Born were played back to back, my favourite songs of theirs.

I was abit annoyed at the guy in front of me though - he shazaamed during Bliss - who the f*** does that at a gig, and during one of their most famous songs! And the 10:30 curfew was frustrating because it meant the gig had to start earlier and I prefer when it's dark.

I'm off to see them on Sunday for their free gig in London - only a 30 min set but it should still be worth it.

< Message edited by Sumintelligentguy -- 31/5/2013 11:21:20 PM >

"Snake? Snaaaake? SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!?"

R.I.P. Punchy

(in reply to Super Hans)
Post #: 38
RE: Muse - yay or nay? - 10/7/2013 10:40:47 AM   
Pandora

A yay from me!

I think Muse are the best live act around at the moment. I own all their albums and listen to them regularly, even though I agree with most of you that „The Resistance“ is not that great.

I like electronic music so I don't mind if they flirt with dubstep a little bit on "The 2nd Law". I don't care too much about the Queen influence though...

Kudos to you Brits for choosing Survival as the official song for the Olympic games. Awesome choice! I thought it was hilarious and I'm sure a lot of people thought: "What the...was that???" Their OTT in general is pretty cool.

Ah yes, and I agree that any singer will have problems to compete with Matt's abilities. He is a very talented guy and can hit higher notes than I can.

(in reply to Sumintelligentguy)
Post #: 39
RE: Muse - yay or nay? - 8/8/2013 1:33:04 PM   
Harley Quinn

I can't stand them. MR HQ is a fan and I have to leave the room when he plays them because I want to put my foot through the stereo. Find them wanky and hate the lead singers voice. So not a fan at all.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to Pandora)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> RE: Muse - yay or nay? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI