Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: RE:

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RE: - 13/2/2013 1:49:58 PM   
matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Keyser Sozzled

quote:

ORIGINAL: My name is Legion

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

Oh no's! Not much swearing! They've ruined it forever! /end sarcasm

I've never understood people's obsession with judging the quality of a film based on the BBFC rating it's gotten.

I detest these kind of comments, as they only go one way. They always take the piss out of people who are disappointed with action franchises being watered down.

Why don't we flip this 'round?

Star Wars: Episode VII is rated a very hard 18. Luke is now insane, he kills anyone in his path, all shown in gory detail. He then thinks {we hear his inner monologue} "That cunt, cocktease Leia, flirting, kissing me then marrying that fuck Solo". He then visits their home, butchers Solo, and rapes his sister in a 20 minute unbroken take. Then chops her into pieces with his Lightsaber. We hold for five minutes as he stands over her decimated body. His cock is still hanging out.

How does that sound? Anyone think it's fine to completely alienate the core audience for that particular franchise?

Would watch again.

3/5

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Keyser Sozzled)
Post #: 241
RE: RE: - 13/2/2013 1:54:57 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

quote:

I've never understood people's obsession with judging the quality of a film based on the BBFC rating it's gotten.

I detest these kind of comments, as they only go one way. They always take the piss out of people who are disappointed with action franchises being watered down.

Star Wars: Episode VII is rated a very hard 18. Luke is now insane, he kills anyone in his path, all shown in gory detail. He then thinks {we hear his inner monologue} "That cunt, cocktease Leia, flirting, kissing me then marrying that fuck Solo". He then visits their home, butchers Solo, and rapes his sister in a 20 minute unbroken take. Then chops her into pieces with his Lightsaber. We hold for five minutes as he stands over her decimated body. His cock is still hanging out.

How does that sound? Anyone think it's fine to completely alienate the core audience for that particular franchise?

Sounds better than the prequels.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to My name is Legion)
Post #: 242
RE: RE: - 13/2/2013 2:05:29 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

I want to watch your version of Starwars 7!. will there be an unrated director cut too?

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 13/2/2013 2:06:26 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

Post #: 243
RE: RE: - 13/2/2013 2:09:54 PM   
MonsterCat

All joking aside, what is that makes Die Hard such a great film? Is it the fact that it has McClane smoking fools with a machine gun and there's blood all over the place and Willis says fuck and motherfucker? No, it's the well written script, McTiernan's tight direction, Rickman's delicious villainy and a winning performance from Willis. McTiernan could have made that film with much tighter constraints in terms of violence and it still would still be awesome.

Fuck, any bullshit action flick can have tons of violence in it and it would still suck. Look at The Expendables for instance. Or rather don't, because you'll slip into a coma from the sheer boredom and die.

The nature of the violence and the language used is immaterial. The important factor is whether Moore bothered to make a decent movie as a opposed to a cynical cash-grab.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 13/2/2013 2:18:36 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 244
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 2:49:23 PM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drooch

What's to 'destroy'? This is a discussion about the BBFC and why the UK ends up with cut versions when other similar countries don't. If I've been 'destroyed' I really haven't noticed. You seem to be mistaking this for some kind of war zone, why?

quote:

Absolute DISGRACE. I hope many of you will join me in boycotting this atrocity. I'm trying very hard to avoid piracy but Fox are forcing UK viewers to avoid censored kiddy crap the only way we know with this cynical, audience-hating move.

now I'm forced to reimplement the boycott.

Fox have raped McClane's corpse with this despicable move. Oh, and the BBFC can go fuck themselves for failing to allow adults access to uncensored material.

Firstly, you've butchered what I originally wrote in order to have it fit your agenda. Try it again without the intellectual dishonesty. Fucking liar.

Secondly, the 'war zone' comment was directed at a user who dropped in and launched a torrent of personal abuse at another user without contributing anything useful to the discussion at hand. In your desperation to manufacture some fake hypocrisy on my part, you've tried to reframe it to make it include my hostile comments towards the BBFC, an organisation that has no presence in this 'zone' and that has been complicit in the censorship of a new film. Try again without the semantic dishonesty.

If you're going to be so smug as to try and use my words against me, then try it without altering what I said. All you've done is embarrass yourself and show yourself up as coward and liar.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 245
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 2:52:14 PM   
Cool Breeze

Wheres the bloody review ? The films out tomorrow !

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 246
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 2:57:43 PM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

quote:

What's to 'destroy'? This is a discussion about the BBFC and why the UK ends up with cut versions when other similar countries don't. If I've been 'destroyed' I really haven't noticed. You seem to be mistaking this for some kind of war zone, why?

quote:

Absolute DISGRACE. I hope many of you will join me in boycotting this atrocity. I'm trying very hard to avoid piracy but Fox are forcing UK viewers to avoid censored kiddy crap the only way we know with this cynical, audience-hating move.

Fox have raped McClane's corpse with this despicable move. Oh, and the BBFC can go fuck themselves for failing to allow adults access to uncensored material.

Firstly, you've butchered what I originally wrote in order to have it fit your agenda. Try it again without the intellectual dishonesty. Fucking liar.

Secondly, the 'war zone' comment was directed at a user who dropped in and launched a torrent of personal abuse at another user without contributing anything useful to the discussion at hand. In your desperation to manufacture some fake hypocrisy on my part, you've tried to reframe it to make it include my hostile comments towards the BBFC, an organisation that has no presence in this 'zone' and that has been complicit in the censorship of a new film. Try again without the semantic dishonesty.

If you're going to be so smug as to try and use my words against me, then try it without altering what I said. All you've done is embarrass yourself and show yourself up as coward and liar.

No, what I was doing was pointing out that you have been the one who started the ridiculous hyperbole in this thread to begin with.

But you're right, I'm such an embarrassment. My parents are probably weeping as I type this. Well, I know my mum is, she's read what people have written about her on here.

quote:

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 247
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 2:58:56 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Personal abuse of another poster. You're a class act, Drooch.

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 248
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 2:59:01 PM   
MonsterCat

Actually, Matty is an uncouth scumbag.

Runs in the family apparently.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 249
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 2:59:34 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

But you're right, I'm such an embarrassment. My parents are probably weeping as I type this. Well, I know my mum is, she's read what people have written about her on here.

Not going to ask where she's weeping from.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 250
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:02:45 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 251
RE: RE: - 13/2/2013 3:04:16 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

All joking aside, what is that makes Die Hard such a great film? Is it the fact that it has McClane smoking fools with a machine gun and there's blood all over the place and Willis says fuck and motherfucker? No, it's the well written script, McTiernan's tight direction, Rickman's delicious villainy and a winning performance from Willis. McTiernan could have made that film with much tighter constraints in terms of violence and it still would still be awesome.

Fuck, any bullshit action flick can have tons of violence in it and it would still suck. Look at The Expendables for instance. Or rather don't, because you'll slip into a coma from the sheer boredom and die.

The nature of the violence and the language used is immaterial. The important factor is whether Moore bothered to make a decent movie as a opposed to a cynical cash-grab.

NAH!! who are you kidding! its bad ass badies, smoking fools and fuck and Motherfuckers that makes a DIEHARD movie!! nice try ;)

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 252
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:05:37 PM   
MonsterCat

The last line in Drooch's post is quite funny if you read it in a haughty English accent and then add "I challenge you to a duel, you blaggard. Pistols at dawn!"

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 253
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:07:39 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

The last line in Drooch's post is quite funny if you read it in a haughty English accent and then add "I challenge you to a duel, you blaggard. Pistols at dawn!"

Oh my God, you're right!

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 254
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:09:29 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

[image]http://gifs.gifbin.com/g640g6g68g619.gif[/image]

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 255
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:10:24 PM   
matty_b

quote:

quote:

Actually, Matty is an uncouth scumbag.

Runs in the family apparently.

Imagine if Farrell worked for the BBFC. The horror, the horror...

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

YOU SHOULD KNOW

< Message edited by matty_b -- 13/2/2013 3:11:29 PM >

quote:

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 256
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:15:07 PM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

Point one: Have click around the article and you'll see the rules and regulations for different countries, the article states quite clearly that major studios submit different edits of the same film to different countries allowing for local laws and sensibilities. However have a look here (banned films) and you'll see, for example that Saw 3D was initially banned in Germany but was later made available in an edited version.

by the way, this is the first and last time I will do your research for you.

Err, if you're going to say I'm 'wrong, wrong and wrong-diddly-wrong-wrong' then the onus is on you to back that up. All you've done is throw some document at me and expect me to find your evidence in it, and then have the gall to suggest that you're doing my research for me. A child could debate better than you. Come back when you've found your supporting evidence.

quote:

Point two: If you are not disputing this is how the BBFC works then what are you actually saying? why are you so against the BBFC and how come you agreed so wholeheartedly with "peter" above (by the way, i think he was taking the piss out of you, not agreeing with you, have a read again), or was this a sarcastic double bluff?

Firstly, 'peter' has since confirmed that he was not 'taking the piss'. I'm against the BBFC for their complicity in British cinemas being forced to screen a heavily censored version of A Good Day To Die Hard. The nature of their complicity is offering a 'cuts advice service' to Fox during the editing process, telling them exactly what needs to be cut to achieve their desired 12A rating. Countries that don't offer this service don't get cinemas littered with censored films, I'd like the UK to do the same.

quote:

Point 3: I'm telling you this because you seem to have gotten yourself into a major tizzy because the BBFC have given the new Die Hard film a 12a rating. This is the fault of the studio wanting a 12a certificate, not the BBFC telling the studio that this is the only acceptable certification and the only acceptable cut of the film that will be shown in the UK.

Then you've misunderstood my position. Fox are to blame, of course, but it's the BBFC's willingness to coordinate with them, unlike other classification bodies, that makes them equally responsible for our butchered DH5.

< Message edited by Drooch -- 13/2/2013 4:06:27 PM >

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 257
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:22:49 PM   
matty_b

quote:

A child could debate than you.

MORE than you.

Missed a word out there, sharpy.

quote:

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 258
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:23:18 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Err, if you're going to say I'm 'wrong, wrong and wrong-diddly-wrong-wrong' then the onus is on you to back that up. All you've done is throw some document at me and expect me to find your evidence in it, and then have the gall to suggest that you're doing my research for me. A child could debate than you. Come back when you've found your supporting evidence.

So wait a tick: you've been demanding people to back up their opposing views with research and what not, and when someone like Discodez does this you throw it back in their faces and then act a like a spiteful little kid?

The term "bashing your head against a brick wall" springs to my mind.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 13/2/2013 3:25:48 PM >

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 259
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:32:26 PM   
AxlReznor

When people have called out trolls before, the moderators have informed us that we should instead report the offending posts to them so they can do something about it.
Considering doing the right thing seems to have led to no response, then...

For God's sake, shut up, fucking troll!!! I've been very patient so far, but your continued insistence that anyone who backs up their arguments with actual reasoned debates are just attacking you, whilst you yourself are calling people "cowards", "fucking liars" amongst many other things have made me lose my patience. Fuck off... seriously. There's no point continuing this debate if you're just going to keep on acting like a spoilt little bitch! FUCK OFF!

And thus marks the first time I've actually lost my temper on here.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 260
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:38:58 PM   
Discodez

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

Point one: Have click around the article and you'll see the rules and regulations for different countries, the article states quite clearly that major studios submit different edits of the same film to different countries allowing for local laws and sensibilities. However have a look here (banned films) and you'll see, for example that Saw 3D was initially banned in Germany but was later made available in an edited version.

by the way, this is the first and last time I will do your research for you.

Err, if you're going to say I'm 'wrong, wrong and wrong-diddly-wrong-wrong' then the onus is on you to back that up. All you've done is throw some document at me and expect me to find your evidence in it, and then have the gall to suggest that you're doing my research for me. A child could debate than you. Come back when you've found your supporting evidence.

The evidence is there and is quite clear, I have even linked to it, all you have to do is read it. Now seeing as you're choosing not to, and have decided to continue with this ridiculous tirade against anyone who doesn't want to join you in your pathetic crusade, I will from this point on block your postings and ignore anything else you write on these forums.

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 261
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:43:15 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

When people have called out trolls before, the moderators have informed us that we should instead report the offending posts to them so they can do something about it.

For God's sake, shut up, fucking troll!!! I've been very patient so far, but your continued insistence that anyone who backs up their arguments with actual reasoned debates are just attacking you, whilst you yourself are calling people "cowards", "fucking liars" amongst many other things have made me lose my patience. Fuck off... seriously. There's no point continuing this debate if you're just going to keep on acting like a spoilt little bitch! FUCK OFF!

Thats it! I'm telling!!. You should be R-rated

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 262
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:44:55 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

Thats it! I'm telling!!. You should be R-rated

That's okay... I've seen some positively NC17 rated stuff on here before.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 263
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:47:09 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

Matty_b is a smug fucking liar? What a dream match for this smug prick!

Seriously Drooch, lay off the puerile insults and attacks. It's doing absolutely nothing to aid your argument - quite the opposite; adults only resort to playground name calling when they are defeated.

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 264
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:47:46 PM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

quote:

quote:

You keep blaming the BBFC for cuts made to Die Hard 5 and other films. Literally everyone else who has commented has said that this is wrong and that the BBFC are not culpable; it is the grasping studios who make the cuts in order to squeeze more money out of their films.

Every time someone points this out, you reply with the same arguments as before, except you start highlighting chunks of text in bold as if this is going to make them more pertinent. This has been going on for pages now. You seem utterly convinced of your rectitude despite the fact not one single person has agreed with you and everyone thinks you are a) overreacting, and b) inherently wrong.

Instead of stopping to consider this, you come back again, seemingly blind to the reasoned argument and logic presented to you.

Now, why would a person continue to debate a point with someone who has shown themselves to be indefatigably unreasonable and beyond logic? Well, they wouldn't.

No. Other posters have repeatedly dodged why other countries in the 'free' world don't end up with cinemas littered with cut films, so I'll repeat myself until they do, assuming they're genuinely interested in this discussion.

Generalised responses, personal attacks and butt-hurt wailing don't compensate for a proper response. It's a shame you've chosen to be a smug prick instead of engage in the discussion.

Oh, irony. Sweet irony.

Amusing, isn't it?

quote:

There was no personal attack, Drooch, only an observation of the events of this thread. But thank you for calling me a "smug prick" and further supporting my point that your responses are irrational and unreasonable. I can now add 'childish' and 'offensive'.

Suggesting that I'm 'seemingly blind to the reasoned argument and logic presented' and 'indefatigably unreasonable and beyond logic' is derogatory. I was incredibly generous in describing you as a smug prick in response.

quote:

I explained at the very beginning of my post why I wasn't getting involved, but you have conveniently edited that out of the quote. I must say, I'm impressed you even noticed it as you seem otherwise incapable of absorbing information.

Can you tell me a piece of information that I apparently haven't absorbed?

quote:

Hilarious that this debate is still going on. Given your bloody-minded stubbornness I'll look forward to seeing it in Mammoth Threads.

What you call 'bloody-minded stubbornness' is my resistance to joining some people in their ignorance. You might be happy to do that, but I don't like doing it.

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 265
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:50:04 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

That's beautiful, man.

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 266
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:51:41 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

Matty_b is a smug fucking liar? What a dream match for this smug prick!

Seriously Drooch, lay off the puerile insults and attacks. It's doing absolutely nothing to aid your argument - quite the opposite; adults only resort to playground name calling when they are defeated.

Shit...

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 267
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 3:58:06 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

I was incredibly generous in describing you as a smug prick.

What a gentleman you are. Seriously, you could be a Jane Austen hero. My heart is pounding.

quote:

Can you tell me a piece of information that I apparently haven't absorbed?

MonsterCat is right: you are actually insane.

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 268
RE: Die Hard: Dead and Resting in Peace - 13/2/2013 4:00:43 PM   
My name is Legion

quote:

Watchmen only just managed to scrape a profit... it cost $130 million and made $185 million, so it wasn't a flop, but I'm pretty sure Warners would have been pretty disappointed with only making $55 million out of it.

If you genuinely think that they made a $55 million profit from Watchmen at the BO, then you shouldn't be commenting on anything regarding the business side of film.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 269
RE: Die Hard: Dead and Resting in Peace - 13/2/2013 4:04:30 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

Watchmen only just managed to scrape a profit... it cost $130 million and made $185 million, so it wasn't a flop, but I'm pretty sure Warners would have been pretty disappointed with only making $55 million out of it.

If you genuinely think that they made a $55 million profit from Watchmen at the BO, then you shouldn't be commenting on anything regarding the business side of film.

Well what else would you call it when a film costs $130 million and makes $185 million at the box office, genius?

Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: RE: Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI