Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ??????

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:04:55 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cloud Cuckoo

Matty_b is a smug fucking liar? What a dream match for this smug prick!

I can be a smug fucking liar, too. : (

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 13/2/2013 4:05:15 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 271
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:07:37 PM   
garvielloken

Feels like Thursday in here.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 272
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:08:00 PM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: matty_b

quote:

A child could debate than you.

MORE than you.

Missed a word out there, sharpy.

'BETTER than you', but thanks for trying.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 273
RE: Die Hard: Dead and Resting in Peace - 13/2/2013 4:08:11 PM   
My name is Legion

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: My name is Legion

quote:

Watchmen only just managed to scrape a profit... it cost $130 million and made $185 million, so it wasn't a flop, but I'm pretty sure Warners would have been pretty disappointed with only making $55 million out of it.

If you genuinely think that they made a $55 million profit from Watchmen at the BO, then you shouldn't be commenting on anything regarding the business side of film.

Well what else would you call it when a film costs $130 million and makes $185 million at the box office, genius?

A few questions. Is marketing free? Is distribution free? Do theaters show films as a favour?

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 274
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:13:23 PM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drooch

Err, if you're going to say I'm 'wrong, wrong and wrong-diddly-wrong-wrong' then the onus is on you to back that up. All you've done is throw some document at me and expect me to find your evidence in it, and then have the gall to suggest that you're doing my research for me. A child could debate than you. Come back when you've found your supporting evidence.

So wait a tick: you've been demanding people to back up their opposing views with research and what not, and when someone like Discodez does this you throw it back in their faces and then act a like a spiteful little kid?

The term "bashing your head against a brick wall" springs to my mind.

Only if you've wilfully misread the situation. What specific evidence did Discodez present to back up his point?

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 275
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:16:06 PM   
MonsterCat

You're either an utter moron or a wind-up merchant.

Either way I'm done here.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 276
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:16:42 PM   
Drooch

quote:

When people have called out trolls before, the moderators have informed us that we should instead report the offending posts to them so they can do something about it.
Considering doing the right thing seems to have led to no response, then...

For God's sake, shut up, fucking troll!!! I've been very patient so far, but your continued insistence that anyone who backs up their arguments with actual reasoned debates are just attacking you, whilst you yourself are calling people "cowards", "fucking liars" amongst many other things have made me lose my patience. Fuck off... seriously. There's no point continuing this debate if you're just going to keep on acting like a spoilt little bitch! FUCK OFF!

And thus marks the first time I've actually lost my temper on here.

Pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses understanding. I'm proud of you, you're getting there.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 277
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:18:11 PM   
My name is Legion

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

a wind-up merchant.

Of course he/she is a wind-up merchant, I'm stunned you lot have gone along with it for so long.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 278
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:24:55 PM   
Drooch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Discodez

Point one: Have click around the article and you'll see the rules and regulations for different countries, the article states quite clearly that major studios submit different edits of the same film to different countries allowing for local laws and sensibilities. However have a look here (banned films) and you'll see, for example that Saw 3D was initially banned in Germany but was later made available in an edited version.

by the way, this is the first and last time I will do your research for you.

Err, if you're going to say I'm 'wrong, wrong and wrong-diddly-wrong-wrong' then the onus is on you to back that up. All you've done is throw some document at me and expect me to find your evidence in it, and then have the gall to suggest that you're doing my research for me. A child could debate than you. Come back when you've found your supporting evidence.

The evidence is there and is quite clear, I have even linked to it, all you have to do is read it. Now seeing as you're choosing not to, and have decided to continue with this ridiculous tirade against anyone who doesn't want to join you in your pathetic crusade, I will from this point on block your postings and ignore anything else you write on these forums.

No, you provided a link to an entire document, if there was some evidence in that document that supported your point you neither found it nor presented it. Backing up your point is your job, not mine. What's actually happened is that you've argued yourself into a corner and now you're running away, but not before dropping off a few rat-turds on the way out. Thanks for trying, anyway.

(in reply to Discodez)
Post #: 279
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:30:24 PM   
My name is Legion

I notice AxlReznor is "currently offline ".

Take your time "genius", I'll log off now too, I wonder if you'll have answered my questions when I get back...

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 280
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:34:00 PM   
AxlReznor

Strange, considering I haven't been offline in ages (though I have been attempting to ignore this thread).
In answer to your questions, obviously not to the first two, to the third one, theatres show movies because without them there business would be a bit slow... I'd've thought they'd have to pay for prints of the film and not the other way around, considering they make their money from a portion of ticket sales.

Either way, I'm not taking that into account... they made a profit on the film, and it's not my consideration that they'd already spent that money elsewhere.

< Message edited by AxlReznor -- 13/2/2013 4:35:27 PM >

(in reply to My name is Legion)
Post #: 281
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:35:43 PM   
elab49

One tip I'm afraid - check who a ticket is assigned to. Empire Admin don't notify Mods if it is assigned to them (it's a dumb part of the tech set-up but there's nothing we can do about it).

One more personal insult, calling out, behaving like a general trolling ass in thread and users will be going on pre-Mod. That goes for childishly unsubtle digs and language deliberately sharpened to provoke responses and argument. And a reminder to more regular users who shouldn't need reminding - at no pont do you get a time-out from the rules to break them yourself. It might explain it, it doesn't excuse it. Just take a time out, and a breath - trolls aren't worth it.

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to My name is Legion)
Post #: 282
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:36:02 PM   
Drooch

quote:

Seriously Drooch, lay off the puerile insults and attacks. It's doing absolutely nothing to aid your argument - quite the opposite; adults only resort to playground name calling when they are defeated.

I don't want to attack anyone, I want to debate this issue about the BBFC being complicit in the censorship of DH5, but if a user chooses to downshift to insults and personal attacks then they can expect to be repaid in kind. For an example of proper behaviour, see peter's posts - lots of useful, relevant content and no unnecessary ego pyrotechnics.

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 283
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:38:27 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

One tip I'm afraid - check who a ticket is assigned to. Empire Admin don't notify Mods if it is assigned to them (it's a dumb part of the tech set-up but there's nothing we can do about it).

One more personal insult, calling out, behaving like a general trolling ass in thread and users will be going on pre-Mod. That goes for childishly unsubtle digs and language deliberately sharpened to provoke responses and argument. And a reminder to more regular users who shouldn't need reminding - at no pont do you get a time-out from the rules to break them yourself. It might explain it, it doesn't excuse it. Just take a time out, and a breath - trolls aren't worth it.

Apologies, but it didn't give me an option to assign it to anybody. Only options were REASON, and PRIORITY.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 284
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:39:38 PM   
elab49

No, but you can raise the report again - we don't mind duplicates for that reason.

Some people multi-report the same post over and over again allll the time

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 285
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:41:58 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

Seriously Drooch, lay off the puerile insults and attacks. It's doing absolutely nothing to aid your argument - quite the opposite; adults only resort to playground name calling when they are defeated.

I don't want to attack anyone, I want to debate this issue about the BBFC being complicit in the censorship of DH5, but if a user chooses to downshift to insults and personal attacks then they can expect to be repaid in kind. For an example of proper behaviour, see peter's posts - lots of useful, relevant content and no unnecessary ego pyrotechnics.

Please read the site rules, they can be found in the Empire Online sub-forum. As with most others sites of this nature they don't include a vigilante exception.

quote:

(in reply to Drooch)
Post #: 286
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 4:58:23 PM   
elab49

To save people wasting their time typing them, posts that exist solely to try and continue the arguments above will simply be removed. 

quote:

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 287
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 5:03:18 PM   
Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

Wheres the bloody review ?

Tomorrow. Twitter said.

Extended Edition Podcast- Episode 46:Threads Of Destiny (Star Wars Fan Film)

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 288
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 5:10:45 PM   
matty_b

The fact there isn't a review yet, tells you all you need to know.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Shifty Bench)
Post #: 289
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 5:20:03 PM   
Shifty Bench

Yup. There is an embargo stopping reviews until release day. Shows what faith Fox have in it anyway, that and the fact they are releasing it on Valentines day

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 290
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 5:34:12 PM   
UTB

5 STARS I RECKON

Post #: 291
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 5:56:42 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

5 STARS I RECKON

"Better than the original."

I would laugh my arse off.

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 292
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 5:57:45 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

DUPLICATE POST

< Message edited by Cloud Cuckoo -- 13/2/2013 5:58:43 PM >

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 293
RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? - 13/2/2013 6:21:08 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

To save people wasting their time typing them, posts that exist solely to try and continue the arguments above will simply be removed. 

Fascist.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 294
Reviews - 13/2/2013 7:31:07 PM   
KingButtMonkey

Here are some reviews - not looking good!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_good_day_to_die_hard/

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 295
Reviews - 13/2/2013 7:33:13 PM   
KingButtMonkey

Here are some reviews - not looking good!

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/a_good_day_to_die_hard/

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 296
RE: Reviews - 13/2/2013 8:08:55 PM   
Shifty Bench

Anyone else heard/read that some people are questioning the fact that McClane 'suddenly' now has a son?

(in reply to KingButtMonkey)
Post #: 297
RE: Reviews - 13/2/2013 8:11:12 PM   
elab49

Dipsticks

Clicky

quote:

Post #: 298
RE: Reviews - 13/2/2013 8:21:02 PM   
Shifty Bench

Exactly!!! He's drawing or something when Lucy answers the phone in the first movie too. I have had to correct a couple of people today on this very matter, I think people are just trying to find more stuff about the film to moan about

EDIT: He's sitting on the floor playing while Lucy draws.....

< Message edited by Shifty Bench -- 13/2/2013 8:32:37 PM >

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 299
RE: Reviews - 13/2/2013 8:23:43 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

Dipsticks

That's insulting and offensive!

quote:

Clicky

Having been subjected to a bowl cut like that, it would not surprise me if McClane Jr was the villain in this film.

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: 12A ?????????????? Why ?????? Page: <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI