Epic Poll

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> Epic Poll Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Epic Poll - 10/2/2013 10:33:21 PM   
AxlReznor

Okay. For now I'm going to say lists of 100 and see how it goes. The maximum may increase, though. I'll let you know.
Send your lists to empireepicpoll@hotmail.co.uk

What are everyone's thoughts on the inclusion of Crime Epics and Epic Westerns? I can see us having a lot of crossover with the general Crime poll if we allow them. Plus, the definition of what constitutes an epic in those genres seems to be a bit more hazy than the War Epic/Historical Epic, etc. But if enough people say yes to them, I'll allow them.

There are series that I wouldn't think of as epic when it comes to the individual parts, but taken as a whole I'd say definitely are.... so if you want to vote for something like Harry Potter, or Star Wars, it'll need to be as a complete series. Yes, that's right... Star Wars isn't really an epic until you combine all six movies. I realise that's going to drastically reduce the number of votes we get for it, obviously.

However, each entry in the LOTR franchise constitutes an epic in its own right. I'll just go ahead and let Gimli decide whether that needs to be voted for as a complete entity, or individually.

And then there comes to other things, like The Dark Knight Rises, which is the only epic in its trilogy, and I think it would be cheating to be able to include the entire Dark Knight Trilogy, so just that one movie is eligible.

Things like Avatar can count because of its large scale, but Avengers won't, because though large in scale, it's far more of the modern blockbuster kind than the "epic" kind.

I think that's enough rules... enjoy compiling.
Post #: 1
RE: Epic Poll - 10/2/2013 11:49:01 PM   
MovieAddict247

Yeah, I'll be up for this.

Is it only film or can we vote for books and poetry? Basically, I want to vote for The Waste Land by Eliot, as that's an epic poem? A

VOTE NOW for your favourite vocalist - Empire's Favourite Voices

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 2
RE: Epic Poll - 11/2/2013 1:44:32 AM   
Deviation

Could something like There Will be Blood be nominated? I've heard it described as an epic.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to MovieAddict247)
Post #: 3
RE: Epic Poll - 11/2/2013 1:55:45 AM   
Gimli The Dwarf

When I did the fantasy list I let people vote for either the whole LOTR trilogy or just one film and worked it out in the counting stages. Maybe do that here?

Just making sure that this is a film only poll?

So, sir, we let him have it right up! And I have to report, sir, he did not like it, sir.

Fellow scientists, poindexters, geeks.

Yeah, Mr. White! Yeah, science!

Much more better!

(in reply to Deviation)
Post #: 4
RE: Epic Poll - 11/2/2013 8:50:25 AM   
AxlReznor

It will mainly be film only, with a few notable exceptions in the form of TV miniseries. For example, Band Of Brothers and The Pacific are basically the War Epic taken to the extreme. Into The West would also be eligible if we decide upon allowing Epic Westerns, too.

There Will Be Blood is fine.

I will say vote for Lord Of The Rings as individual movies, instead of the proposed either/or option. Red Cliff should probably be combined, though, as most people in the UK have only seen the cut down theatrical release, instead of the two separate movies that were released in Asia. (Most people are missing out on two films that actually have a plot, as well).

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 5
RE: Epic Poll - 12/2/2013 12:50:36 PM   
AxlReznor

I was thinking of making the deadline for this the end of April. But I'll confirm that after rawlinson has decided when all of his deadlines are.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 6
RE: Epic Poll - 12/2/2013 2:44:44 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I was thinking of making the deadline for this the end of April. But I'll confirm that after rawlinson has decided when all of his deadlines are.

I'm doing one ending each Month, so one end of Feb, one end of March, etc.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 7
RE: Epic Poll - 12/2/2013 2:49:25 PM   
AxlReznor

I'll stick with end of April for now then. The results of two going up at once shouldn't lead to poll fatigue. At least I hope not.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 8
RE: Epic Poll - 12/2/2013 2:51:10 PM   
rawlinson

No, it hasn't in the past. It's just I originally was trying to finish them all in the space of about 6 weeks, which was insane.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 9
RE: Epic Poll - 16/3/2013 6:10:08 AM   
jiraffejustin

I suppose the Human Condition trilogy should be listed together? Or would they be similar to Lord of the Rings?

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 10
RE: Epic Poll - 18/3/2013 12:08:05 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: jiraffejustin

I suppose the Human Condition trilogy should be listed together? Or would they be similar to Lord of the Rings?

Yeah, that'd be similar to Lord Of The Rings, so you can list them separately.

(in reply to jiraffejustin)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> Epic Poll Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI