Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: BAFTA's 2013

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Awards and Festivals >> RE: BAFTA's 2013 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 11/2/2013 11:56:07 AM   
Professor Dent

BTW, did QT's speech get trimmed? Stephen Fry seemed to make a snide joke about Django Unchained straight after, which seemed to refer to something QT might have said in his acceptance speech.

(in reply to Professor Dent)
Post #: 31
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 11/2/2013 12:58:50 PM   
Qwerty Norris

Yey for Emmanuele Riva & Ben Affleck!

That is all...

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

Post #: 32
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 11/2/2013 1:12:09 PM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

That is all...

Seems not everyone was happy.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 33
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 11/2/2013 1:24:26 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

That is all...

Seems not everyone was happy.

Serves them right for undeservedly winning best adapted screenplay.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 34
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 11/2/2013 1:33:29 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

It's nice to see Stephen Fry looking slimmer too. He was a whale at last year's ceremony, but he looks much healthier now

No offence intended Hood_Man, but that's the single most shallow, unnecessary and pointless comment I've seen on these boards. Who gives a flying monkey fuck what Stephen Fry's weight is?!

Who cares? How about someone who suffers from depression and knows how difficult it is to struggle with weight problems, and was concerned for Stephen Fry's health when he saw how big he was last year?

That also wasn't the most pointless post you've read on here, don't even try to justify that. The hyperbole isn't fooling anyone.

But thank you for saying no offense though, otherwise I might very well have taken offence at someone swearing at me and calling me shallow, and making nasty ignorant judgements about my character. I might even have mistaken you for another hit and run internet white knight.

But sure, no offence taken.

Okay, okay, I apologise for the needlessly harsh and insensitive tone of my comment -the BAFTAs tension clearly got to me. I was thrown by such a personal comment directed at our national treasure Fry.

And I'm fairly astonished that anyone who has battled with depression and their weight would describe the bi-polar Fry as ever having been a "whale". Also needlessly harsh and insensitive, no? I'm sure he'd have reacted in the same way, albeit far more eloquently.

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 35
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 11/2/2013 1:35:37 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

PS. I made no judgments on your character; merely on your comment.

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to Cloud Cuckoo)
Post #: 36
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 11/2/2013 2:12:46 PM   
V.E.N.O.M

Only surprises for me were Emmanuelle for Leading Actress (I haven't seen Amour, so I don't have an opinion) and Life of Pi for SFX; surely Prometheus was better, or was that just me?

Otherwise, congrats to Ben Affleck, and Suraj Sharma needs to learn to disguise his disappointment!

Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Post #: 37
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 11/2/2013 3:05:30 PM   
vad3r

Anyone else think QT's C4 interview led to his snub?

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

(in reply to V.E.N.O.M)
Post #: 38
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 11/2/2013 3:41:45 PM   
DancingClown

No. That would be silly.

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 39
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 11/2/2013 4:38:10 PM   
jonson

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Dent

Daniel Day Lewis is simply channelling that bearded old codger and founder of the bank in Mary Poppins, the one it turns out is played by Dick van Dyke and ends up carking it when a joke causes him to lift out of his chair and up to the ceiling.

hahaha! That's what me and the missus said last night. She was expecting him to start singing about flying a kite!

Anyway, boring awards shows, full of back-slapping luvvies. I love films, I pretty much despise evereyone who has a role in making them. I don't know why I bother watching it to be honest because it just annoys the hell out of me.

And Alan Parker? Seriously? Bugsy Malone and Midnight Express (classics) Angel Heart and Mississippi Burning (great) and The Commitments was ok for about 5 minutes. Does he really warrant a standing ovation and the worst case of arse kissing from Kevin Spacey?
You do really wonder what planet these people live on sometimes.

I've got all the Barbie ones!!!

Yeah but you're old. Really old. Old. Old. Old. Old.

Post #: 40
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 11/2/2013 5:00:59 PM   
Cloud Cuckoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I love films, I pretty much despise evereyone who has a role in making them. I don't know why I bother watching it to be honest because it just annoys the hell out of me.

quote:

And Alan Parker? Seriously? Bugsy Malone and Midnight Express (classics) Angel Heart and Mississippi Burning (great) and The Commitments was ok for about 5 minutes. Does he really warrant a standing ovation and the worst case of arse kissing from Kevin Spacey?

Tempted to agree with this. As for Kevin Spacey, I love the actor, but the man is insufferable. The smuggest, most self-satisfied luvvie imaginable.

In Thom we trust.

(in reply to jonson)
Post #: 41
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 11/2/2013 8:34:50 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

Okay, okay, I apologise for the needlessly harsh and insensitive tone of my comment -the BAFTAs tension clearly got to me. I was thrown by such a personal comment directed at our national treasure Fry.

And I'm fairly astonished that anyone who has battled with depression and their weight would describe the bi-polar Fry as ever having been a "whale". Also needlessly harsh and insensitive, no? I'm sure he'd have reacted in the same way, albeit far more eloquently.

I did say "was," implying how good he looked now.

PM sent.

Post #: 42
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 11/2/2013 9:43:53 PM   
Professor Dent

The annoying thing about Spacey is that he has been on Popbitch recently for being the most insufferable arse when on board a flight, his inflight entertainment being to make life difficult for the cabin staff. Watching him last night, I wanted to be the one to point that out. But then, I'd have to have a life and be up for an award, and win it.

That Parker David Gale movie sucked though.

Why didn't they mention Missisippi Burning? That was a good un. Or did they, but only fleetingly. Evita wasnt' bad, but they passed it over mostly.

Post #: 43
RE: BAFTA's 2013 - 13/2/2013 12:04:31 AM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: jonson

I love films, I pretty much despise evereyone who has a role in making them. I don't know why I bother watching it to be honest because it just annoys the hell out of me.

quote:

Tempted to agree with this. As for Kevin Spacey, I love the actor, but the man is insufferable. The smuggest, most self-satisfied luvvie imaginable.

First off there are far more smug people in film than Spacey (who I don't really find smug) the guy who won best original screenplay for one. Second the guy was selected to honor Parker, did you really expect him to trash him or something? I agree about the Life of David Gale not being good, but thats hardly the point here.

Pretty enjoyable ceremory, have to say enjoyed Fry much more this year than in the past, highlight was his gag about GD being a russian actor.

It was a nice suprise seeing the likes of Argo and Amor doing so well. Personally Zero Dark Thrity is my favourite out of the best nominated films.

Was pleased to see the team behind the Imposter getting best debut award.

11 predictions right for me gotta be happy with that

< Message edited by ElephantBoy -- 13/2/2013 12:07:00 AM >

Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Awards and Festivals >> RE: BAFTA's 2013 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI