Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Solo Film As First Standalone Star Wars?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Solo Film As First Standalone Star Wars? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Solo Film As First Standalone Star Wars? - 6/2/2013 6:43:33 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Bring back Vader - 6/2/2013 6:43:33 PM   
danbo1138

Screw Anakin!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Bring back Vader - 6/2/2013 6:55:54 PM   
danbo1138

Screw Anakin!

Post #: 3
- 6/2/2013 7:23:08 PM   
Sentinel11

I'm a fairly big Fett fan, but I'd have reservations over whether Temura Morrison or Daniel Logan could carry a movie by themselves (the whole, 'being a clone' thing limits casting choices spectacularly) but if I'm casting it, I'm thinking of someone like Jason Momoa. He can do 'badass', and he's a reasonable physical match due to his hawaiian/islander heritage. Maybe a bit tall though. He'd be Vader's height.

Failing that he'd be a pretty good shout for someone like Quinlan Vos, who, as a jedi who survived Episode III would be ideal for a standalone movie. Cool character, plenty of source material to draw from, and nothing to tie him down in terms of casting within the movie universe. Plus you could maybe have a confrontation with Vader thrown in.

Post #: 4
Young Han Solo - 6/2/2013 8:15:44 PM   
Jop666

Joseph Gordon- Levitt for young Han Solo!!!!

Post #: 5
Spielberg to direct Star Wars Origins: Han Solo - 6/2/2013 8:37:34 PM   
jackcarter

Spielberg directing some younger guy and Ford (flash foward scenes)

basically Indiana Jones in space

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 7/2/2013 10:40:42 AM >

Post #: 6
Spielberg to direct Star Wars Origins: Han Solo - 6/2/2013 8:50:12 PM   
jackcarter

doub post

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 6/2/2013 8:55:35 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Spielberg to direct Star Wars Origins: Han Solo - 6/2/2013 9:04:41 PM   
Venkman

Nobody can play Han Solo apart from Harrison Ford, so I'm all for him returning in episode 7 but colour me disinterested in this.

(in reply to jackcarter)
Post #: 8
Han's Your Man - 6/2/2013 9:41:41 PM   
BenTramer

Whoever is cast as young Han Solo, has to have the edge and sarcasm that Harrison Ford brought to Star Wars. Han was a "scoundrel" after all. It would be interesting to find out how Solo got in trouble with Jabba in the first place and how he won the Millennium Falcon from young Lando and how he did the Kessel Run with it (whatever that is).

Post #: 9
I've got a bad feeling about this.... - 6/2/2013 11:38:12 PM   
DarthMaxxx

There's no one alive young or old who can play Han Solo apart from Mr Ford.... All you have to do is look at the Han audition tapes, even the guys who auditioned couldn't play him! All the Star Wars characters in all the Star Wars planets they had to pick this one Fett is fine all we have for Boba is a foundation, a character that can be built on, but Han is too well established. I'm really hoping that this is rumour, everyone's reporting it, but I haven't seen an official release from Disney....

Post #: 10
RE: I've got a bad feeling about this.... - 7/2/2013 1:28:47 AM   
NeoBrowser

Can't wait for a new actor to help me forget about Ford!

Just kidding, I have zero interest in Han Solo

(in reply to DarthMaxxx)
Post #: 11
- 7/2/2013 2:28:10 AM   
bobsa

Boba Fett is the obvious choice for a stand alone movie. With Han Solo I have a conundrum. I'd like to see it, but not with another actor. Maybe many moons from now!

Post #: 12
Bradley Cooper - 7/2/2013 8:15:13 AM   
pawsey

Not sure how young they'll play it but Coops definitely has the charm and roguishness in spades. On a side note as a kid I always fantasised about an alternate Star Wars universe where Luke actually takes up Han's offer towards the end of Episode IV and rather than taking on the Death Star buggers off in the Millenium Falcon with Chewie and Solo for some smuggling japes.

Post #: 13
RE: Bradley Cooper - 7/2/2013 9:06:00 AM   
Dannybohy

I love Boba as much the next guy, but we know how he became a bounty hunter, we know how he ended! and hes a guy whos got a million other guys who look just like him floating around the galaxy! plus he looks the shit but he is just not that interesting!!! Han solo early years all the way,

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to pawsey)
Post #: 14
Garrett Hedlund for Solo! - 7/2/2013 9:08:43 AM   
ciaran_ire81

Garrett Hedlund might by a good Solo, Jack Reynor second choice.

Post #: 15
- 7/2/2013 10:00:06 AM   
chris wootton

I'd agree that Ford is the only Solo, but for some reason I can also see Cooper playing him. As for the Boba Fett stuff I can't help but think that the whole star wars universe is going to end up being a massive clusterfuck. ALready, some stuff from the originals don't fit in with what happens in the prequels.. there's just going to be even more of that when the new ones come out.

Post #: 16
Casting - 7/2/2013 10:27:14 AM   
gambit21

For me Harrison Ford is too old now. There's only one man in my mind that could pull it off - Michael Fassbender!

Post #: 17
Ezra Miller - 7/2/2013 10:33:00 AM   
jcmelb

Perfect choice is Ezra Miller, unknown enough. Looks like a young Han and can act up a storm.

Post #: 18
FFS - 7/2/2013 11:33:32 AM   
Flashingturtle

No Ford equals no Solo.

Why not have a Qui Gon Jin movie where his daughter is kidnapped by people smugglers...

Post #: 19
Young Han Solo - 7/2/2013 11:37:06 AM   
AMD

Harrison Ford was 35 years old when he played Han of the Solo's. So present day Sharlto Copley (40ish) could play him with his eyes shut. As for a younger Han, well it's a good bet he could well end up being Garrett Hedlund, who I believe (While trying to forget the Tron sequel) could be a fine choice.

Post #: 20
RE: Young Han Solo - 7/2/2013 12:26:15 PM   
jackcarter

talking of Tron Legacy - they could always go the CG route and have American Graffiti/Conversation Ford

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 7/2/2013 12:29:25 PM >

(in reply to AMD)
Post #: 21
Hope Solo - 7/2/2013 12:27:07 PM   
Normal Control

She'd be a safe pair of Hans.

Post #: 22
Nathan Fillion - 7/2/2013 12:50:25 PM   
lukeynemo

Why has nobody said this name yet?

Post #: 23
RE: Nathan Fillion - 7/2/2013 1:22:22 PM   
jackcarter

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeynemo

too obvious? & too old

< Message edited by jackcarter -- 7/2/2013 1:33:45 PM >

(in reply to lukeynemo)
Post #: 24
RE: Nathan Fillion - 7/2/2013 1:33:29 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: lukeynemo

They have... peeps think hes too old now

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to lukeynemo)
Post #: 25
RE: Han's Your Man - 7/2/2013 3:01:04 PM   
SwozTheRevenge

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

Whoever is cast as young Han Solo, has to have the edge and sarcasm that Harrison Ford brought to Star Wars. Han was a "scoundrel" after all. It would be interesting to find out how Solo got in trouble with Jabba in the first place and how he won the Millennium Falcon from young Lando and how he did the Kessel Run with it (whatever that is).

Off-topic, but you have the best username on this entire forum.

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to BenTramer)
Post #: 26
- 7/2/2013 3:42:05 PM   
LSJShez

Imagination and hints are better. Once they start explaining everything hinted at in the originals, they start to ruin them. By all means, crack on with part 7, with new characters etc; but the standalone prequels - forget it. Boba Fett's origins in the prequel trilogy didn't do anything for anyone. Stop tarnishing the originals.

Post #: 27
RE: - 7/2/2013 3:54:09 PM   
CRUNT

Fk em all lets ahave a C3PO spin off

(in reply to LSJShez)
Post #: 28
RE: I've got a bad feeling about this.... - 7/2/2013 3:59:07 PM   
DarthMaxxx

Sir, the possibility of successfully of producing a good Han Solo movie without Harrison Ford is approximately 3,720 to 1!

Big no to Nathan Fillion, big no to Bradley Cooper, the ONLY, ONLY , ONLY way for a Han Solo movie to work is for the character to be pre to mid teens and I don't think this would be very popular....

Beside what happened to all this chat from Disney about it would not be any characters directly involved in the original trilogies, I'm calling rumour on this one....

(in reply to DarthMaxxx)
Post #: 29
RE: I've got a bad feeling about this.... - 7/2/2013 4:32:45 PM   
jobloffski

Are people insane? Solo begins would be shite, just as shite as little Anakin and little Boba.

Scenario: referred to, but not portrayed backstory for Chewbacca having looked after young/teenage Han. In the film, Han already established as a smuggler/pirate, introduced at a game of chance in which he wins a spaceship, the brand spanking new Millenium Falcon from his good but untrustworthy at times friend, Lando Calrissian. Game ends with the pissed off Lando eyeing cocky Han and potential rumble interrupted by the former owner of the ship (from whom it was stolen) leading an attack on the location, during which Han saves Lando, cementing an 'I owe you one' type understanding between them.

The Empire rules with an iron fist, so all the people willing to ply their own trade are desperado types, or thrill seekers, so no need for crowded locations to be seen, just the shadowy places. If you don't trouble the empire, the empire doesn't trouble you situation. But there are some 'imperial entanglements'. A person has to be protected from bounty hunters,the most dangerous of the hunters is Boba Fett, who is, unknown to Han, in Jabba's pocket (or is Jabba too afraid of him not to employ him). Fett is much more someone to worry about than the big talking but cowardly Greedo, who is jealous of Han's status as Jabba's go to smuggler (a status earned during the film, under the possibility that Jabba will, whenever he feels like it, switch favourites. In the underworld, all alliances are convenience and trust can make you a target

Blah blah blah etc. Anyway, we originally 'met' han as a rogue who was later redeemed. He should be a rogue in a spin off. Maybe more of a rogue than he was when we first met him. Doing things that are questionable in a time of martial law, with the challenge to his 'the better I behave the more danger I end up in' being the person he is paid to transport being a more 'pure' type. And as running gag and also causal factor for the action, trying to be nice ALWAYS puts Han and Chewie (the more moral of the pair) in danger.

cast 5-8 years younger than Han in A New Hope, with the pristine Falcon taking the batterings over the course of several films to be in the 'what a piece of junk' condition (or damaged enough in one film to imply accurate continuity) for ANH.

Basically, the 'story' for a Han film cam only logically be rooted 'exploits prior to the fateful meeting with Kenobi and Luke' because Han doing the kind of things Han refers to, with the attitude Han displays is surely the kick off point. No soap opera stuff or how Han becanme blah blah.More or less a loner with a friend, doing his best not to give a shit.

Basically what Firefly grew from, reverted to its seed.

Job done.

< Message edited by jobloffski -- 7/2/2013 4:45:53 PM >

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to DarthMaxxx)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Solo Film As First Standalone Star Wars? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI