Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: DC Cinematic Universe

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: DC Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 11/2/2013 10:29:38 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

I remember Friday Night Lights Adrianne Palicki once being talked about for the role build wise she pretty much fits the bill.

quote:

Adrianne Palicki

She was Wonder-woman in the failed TV series back in 2011 wasn't she.They made a pilot and it got panned, they dumped it. They even released the first photo of her as Wonder woman than got ripped apart so badly they changed it! It still looked dreadful and she didn't look that great either. Shame.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 31
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 29/4/2013 4:06:59 PM   
Dannybohy

Putting this back on top!!

Anyone else really really not want to see Cavill's Man of Steel dragged into a JLA movie!!. I liked Avengers well enough and JLA would be nice to see! but really hope they recast everyone and have it as a separate movie franchise!!.

Post #: 32
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 29/4/2013 4:10:37 PM   
AxlReznor

I dunno... I'll wait until I see Man Of Steel and see if they really have left it open for the rest of the DC Universe to be introduced in later films.
If it's made clear that it's a standalone film, then yes, they should leave it alone.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 33
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 29/4/2013 4:16:02 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I dunno... I'll wait until I see Man Of Steel and see if they really have left it open for the rest of the DC Universe to be introduced in later films.
If it's made clear that it's a standalone film, then yes, they should leave it alone.

I would rather see a great Superman Trilogy without any reference to JLA. There is more than enough material :)

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 34
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 29/4/2013 4:23:30 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I would rather see a great Superman Trilogy without any reference to JLA. There is more than enough material :)

Now if I was in charge of getting these movies made, I'd say by all means make movies from the wider DC Universe, but keep them all separate from each other. Because as you say, there's more than enough material so you don't need to force a continuous narrative just because it worked for Marvel.

If I were going to copy anyone as the head of Warner Bros., I'd copy my own damn companies formula for billion dollar comic book franchises instead of someone else's. Seriously... whether you liked the Dark Knight trilogy or not, the approach worked for them financially.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 35
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 30/4/2013 12:18:20 PM   
ripperman

JL is happening, no two ways about it. They are desperately hacking away at it as we speak. It makes sense for them considering how huge avengers was. Charles Roven, man of steel痴 producer has said that the upcoming film will set the tone for the JL. Also read somewhere else that if man of steel is a success Zack Synder will be asked to helm JL. So, I知 taking it from that, that Henry Cavill is more or less guaranteed if man of steel hits big.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 36
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 30/4/2013 1:31:48 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ripperman

JL is happening, no two ways about it. They are desperately hacking away at it as we speak. It makes sense for them considering how huge avengers was. Charles Roven, man of steel痴 producer has said that the upcoming film will set the tone for the JL. Also read somewhere else that if man of steel is a success Zack Synder will be asked to helm JL. So, I知 taking it from that, that Henry Cavill is more or less guaranteed if man of steel hits big.

I feel sorry for Man of Steel and Henry Cavill if thats all true.

(in reply to ripperman)
Post #: 37
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 30/4/2013 5:55:41 PM   
kumar

Yeah.... I would rather see Cavill get his own show before being wasted alongside the likes of Green Lantern (poor effort), Wonder Woman (no one will commit to even a tv show) or Martian Manhunter (who really cares).

Not saying it wont work, look at Avengers, but they used a completely different approach. I'd like to see GL given another shot though, without Reynolds, though im sure that version has really hurt those chances.

"Darth Silas - I love Craig as Bond too. Genius. "- Jackmansgirl 15/7/2008

Last films watched:

The Road - 4/5
Chronicle - 4/5
Twilight Breaking Dawn p1 - 1/5
Warrior - 5/5
Super 8 - 5/5
Paranormal Activity 3 - 3/5
MI 4 - 2/5

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 38
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 10/5/2013 7:56:38 PM   
Emyr Thy King

I don't understand why people don't want to see the Justice League or crossovers. They work in print surely? If people are worried about the cash cows crushing the 'artistic' integrity of such a film then fine but once you develop these characters in a shared universe. It's very hard not to want to see them together, I just don't get the idea to keep them separate as a preference rather than as a precaution.

"This whole imbroglio is epiphenomenal"...."demigogic faux egalitarianism" - Will Self

(in reply to kumar)
Post #: 39
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 13/5/2013 4:59:45 PM   
Dannybohy

I don't like the idea of ensemble comics or movies! I enjoyed Avengers well enough but would rather have seen the effort go toward a character yet to see the big screen, or Green lantern 2 or Dare Devil reboot :) . A JLA starting with MOS will just mean half arsed Wonder Woman and GL movies being banged out and there is a danger that they might try and bring Bales Batman back (arghhh). Id rather just see the effort go into a quality Superman trilogy!

(in reply to Emyr Thy King)
Post #: 40
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 14/6/2013 10:31:30 AM   
spark1

MOS will help build d c universe-

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/27435/-man-of-steel-propagates-dc-heroes

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 41
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 14/6/2013 12:59:58 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spark1

Damn shame spark! damn shame!. Why couldn't they just keep it separate! get Routh back for JL Superman!......
Although this is interesting in that it surely mean there will be a new Batman and Lantern!? to go with a shiny new Wonder woman! . It would be interesting to see what Nolan/Goyer would come up with for Wonder Woman, I'm sure they would just follow same formula , but hey it's worked ok for them so far!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 14/6/2013 1:04:15 PM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 42
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 15/6/2013 12:40:50 PM   
spark1

interesting list at-

http://www.hitfix.com/news/10-superheroes-who-really-dont-need-their-own-movie

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 43
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 15/6/2013 2:03:37 PM   
spark1

quote:

quote:

Damn shame spark! damn shame!. Why couldn't they just keep it separate! get Routh back for JL Superman!......
Although this is interesting in that it surely mean there will be a new Batman and Lantern!? to go with a shiny new Wonder woman! . It would be interesting to see what Nolan/Goyer would come up with for Wonder Woman, I'm sure they would just follow same formula , but hey it's worked ok for them so far!

all is not lost-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a490357/justice-league-movie-not-in-dark-knight-world-says-man-of-steel-writer.html

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 44
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 16/6/2013 1:22:05 PM   
Ghidorah

quote:

quote:

quote:

all is not lost-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a490357/justice-league-movie-not-in-dark-knight-world-says-man-of-steel-writer.html

I don't like the idea of Superman inspiring Bruce Wayne to be Batman. In my opinion there should already be a Batman in Gotham but battling mobsters and keeping a low profile. However I would like to see Bruce Wayne in MOS2 and explain how him and Superman gets to know each other before teaming up in a JLA. It would still be MOS 2 but elements of World Finest in there.

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 45
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 17/6/2013 11:10:11 AM   
pete_traynor

If this abomination is to set the tone and intended direction for a DC cinematic universe, then it would be the kindest thing to put a bullet in its head now.

Unacceptable tripe! The fact that actual adults birthed this hideous monster is just plain embarrassing.

When the next one comes out, I値l be the guy standing outside the cinema repeatedly head-butting the wall for two and a half hours. That way, I値l have had the exact same experience as the audience but will have managed to save myself 」17.50 on an IMAX ticket!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Ghidorah)
Post #: 46
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 17/6/2013 11:12:48 AM   
pete_traynor

quote:

Impossible now, with MoS as a starting point.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 47
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 17/6/2013 11:59:32 AM   
giggity

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

If this abomination is to set the tone and intended direction for a DC cinematic universe, then it would be the kindest thing to put a bullet in its head now.

Unacceptable tripe! The fact that actual adults birthed this hideous monster is just plain embarrassing.

When the next one comes out, I値l be the guy standing outside the cinema repeatedly head-butting the wall for two and a half hours. That way, I値l have had the exact same experience as the audience but will have managed to save myself 」17.50 on an IMAX ticket!

Or you could just, y'know...calm down and get on with the rest of your life?

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 48
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 17/6/2013 12:24:48 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: giggity

quote:

Or you could just, y'know...calm down and get on with the rest of your life?

I think you may have taken some of the content of that post a little too literally.

(in reply to giggity)
Post #: 49
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 17/6/2013 2:34:35 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Ha!. I haven't seen it yet Pete! shut the hell up will you!!. The reactions seem to be 50/50 LOVE and total hate!. My best friend hated it too! but thats a good sign for me that I will love it!.

Post #: 50
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 17/6/2013 3:16:44 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

quote:

Ha!. I haven't seen it yet Pete! shut the hell up will you!!. The reactions seem to be 50/50 LOVE and total hate!. My best friend hated it too! but thats a good sign for me that I will love it!.

Sorry Danny!

Wicked avatar by the way!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 51
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 17/6/2013 3:51:53 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Sorry Danny!

Wicked avatar by the way!

Cheers, just hope its within allowed size limit! I got told off for my Man of Steel avatar but to be fair I think it was a massive file! oops!

Anyway! I am still looking forward to Man of Steel. Many appear to be upset about an action heavy third parts of the movie! but isn't that why most of use thought Returns sucked! no action!. I think I will like it because my expectations isn't really that high! (I am already pissed that Zod is even in it so past caring on the bad guy front) after Returns I just want a decent origin part, a bad guy and more action, action, action!. Superman and Co smashing shit up!. I can wait for the sequel for wider character development and a decent plot!. Just take my money (no VIP seat thanks! my ass can handle normal foam and cloth!) and give me a good Superman fisting!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 17/6/2013 3:53:45 PM >

Post #: 52
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 17/6/2013 4:00:45 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

Superman and Co smashing shit up!.

This you will be getting in abundance!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 53
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 17/6/2013 4:14:19 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

Superman and Co smashing shit up!.

This you will be getting in abundance!

The 12 yr old in me can't wait! and My young sons might actually sit through the movie!. Is it the movie equivalent of the Superman Doomsday cartoon?.

Post #: 54
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 27/6/2013 11:45:04 AM   
The Hooded Man

Wasn't Morena Baccarin linked to the role when Joss Whedon was attached to Wonder Woman years ago?

Counting the minutes until the over zealous mods lock this thread too.

Post #: 55
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 8/7/2013 10:32:35 AM   
spark1

del toro on his 'dark' d c movie's place in post MOS universe-

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a496328/guillermo-del-toros-dark-film-will-fit-into-man-of-steel-universe.html

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 56
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 8/7/2013 10:50:36 AM   
Dannybohy

I seriously wish Del Toro had been given Man Of steel! I think it would of been the Superman movie to beat Donners. Ahh what might of been

Give this guy Batman NOW!!! (or Green Lantern or Wonder Woman ! )

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 8/7/2013 10:52:30 AM >

(in reply to spark1)
Post #: 57
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 8/7/2013 1:38:03 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

I seriously wish Del Toro had been given Man Of steel! I think it would of been the Superman movie to beat Donners. Ahh what might of been

Would agree here would love to see a Del Toro Batman, something in simliar tone to the Arkham games. Not sure about Superman though don't think that would be a good fit.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 58
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 8/7/2013 2:12:33 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dirk Miggler

quote:

Would agree here would love to see a Del Toro Batman, something in simliar tone to the Arkham games. Not sure about Superman though don't think that would be a good fit.

Indeed, the games are the best Batman incarnation I have seen since Batman-87 . I think of Hellboy then I think of this guy doing Batman, yes please!. I want a Batman (and Superman) in a fictional universe (Like Arkham) not put into "real life" settings! blah feckin blah. Watching the trailers for Pacific Rim , I would love this guy to do a Superman movie too. I think he would be wasted on any less than one of the top three DC characters

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 9/7/2013 11:26:31 AM >

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 59
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: DC Cinematic Universe Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News|Empire Blog|Movie Reviews|Future Films|Features|Video Interviews|Image Gallery|Competitions|Forum|Magazine|Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI