Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

DC Cinematic Universe

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> DC Cinematic Universe Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 1:37:46 PM   
Dannybohy

I just thought DC hero movies discussion should have a home!!.

Perhaps the merits and disgust at a JLA movie is a good place to start?

Personally I would be interested in a JLA movie just so we can see new versions of Superman, Batman, Green lantern and finally see Wonder woman on the big screen!!. Althought I would mind having Routh and Reynolds back :)

Now, who could play Wonder-woman ?

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess
Post #: 1
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 1:40:35 PM   
AxlReznor

I'd've left it until Man Of Steel was out myself. If only because until that's out we don't know whether an all-encompassing DC Cinematic Universe is even going to happen.

It's a shame that it's come to that, though, because it means I hope a film I want to see fails, just so they won't force a Justice League movie just to cash in on the Avengers bandwagon.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 2
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 1:41:17 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Personally I would be interested in a JLA movie just so we can see new versions of Superman, Batman, Green lantern and finally see Wonder woman on the big screen!!. Althought I would mind having Routh and Reynolds back :)

This.

Use Returns as a loose springboard, maybe have New Kryton as the initial basis for the first JLA film... if they insist on doing it.

< Message edited by pete_traynor -- 6/2/2013 1:44:06 PM >

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 3
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 1:50:19 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

I'd've left it until Man Of Steel was out myself. If only because until that's out we don't know whether an all-encompassing DC Cinematic Universe is even going to happen.

It's a shame that it's come to that, though, because it means I hope a film I want to see fails, just so they won't force a Justice League movie just to cash in on the Avengers bandwagon.

They will do JLA regardless! you can quote me on that!! ;)

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 4
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 1:52:48 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

This.

Use Returns as a loose springboard, maybe have New Kryton as the initial basis for the first JLA film... if they insist on doing it.

eewww ..sorry Pete, Returns overall is dirty! a dirty word!. Routh and Reynolds would play off each other to great effect I think! add in a great Batman and those scenes could kill Avengers funny moments!. I bloody loved Thor's "Hes adopted" line!.

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 5
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 3:09:23 PM   
Artoo

quote:

That's gotta be the hardest casting decision ever! She got to be tall, good looking and buff enough to crack walnuts between her thights and ideally - a big name actress. Angelina Jolie would've been good 10 years ago but is a little on the old side now I reckon. The only person that springs to mind actually makes me cringe when I think of her in the role because it's such an abhorrent thought - but I just cant help it! It's Beyonce Knowles! I know, I know - I'ma bad bad man!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 6
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 3:13:23 PM   
AxlReznor

Send Gina Carano to acting school and she'd be ideal casting.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 7
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 3:20:00 PM   
Artoo

quote:

Send Gina Carano to acting school and she'd be ideal casting.

Good call!

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 8
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 3:33:55 PM   
Dannybohy

Erica Durance!! yummy

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 9
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 3:39:07 PM   
Artoo

quote:

Erica Durance!! yummy

Oh god no! She's an awful actress and she has a face like a lizard! I'd sooner see Beyonce do it!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 10
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 3:40:19 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

quote:

Erica Durance!! yummy

Oh god no! She's an awful actress and she has a face like a lizard! I'd sooner see Beyonce do it!

face like a lizard!!. be serious man!

anyway
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2013/01/tv-bosses-busy-casting-new-wonder-woman-david-e-kelly-addresses-failure-of-previous-show.html

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 11
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 3:43:04 PM   
Dannybohy

Jaimie Alexander rumors for TV show? Give this lady the movie!!

She told MTV: "It's embarrassing for me as a woman, seeing what they did with that TV show. (referring to the failed Wonderwoman show from last year)

"Let's talk about this for a second. You have very few female superheroes dominating films these days, unless they're in a skintight outfit and their boobs are pushed up to their chin. It's not okay," she said.

"All she does is sit and eat ice cream while she's crying over a boy. I know that never aired, but that's what the script said."

Jaimie thinks Wonder Woman needs a much tougher approach.

"There needs to be a positive role model. If you're going to make Wonder Woman, make it like The Bourne Supremacy," she said.

"Let's do something awesome like that. Like Alias. That was a fantastic show. Why can't we do that? Why does she have to be in hot pants and spandex? I get it, it's visually stunning for half of the people, but at least make her grow a pair."

I think I am in love!!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 6/2/2013 3:46:23 PM >

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 12
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 3:45:57 PM   
AxlReznor

That'd be a good casting decision, too. Even though it seems a bit strange to me every time someone who's already playing a comic book character in one franchise signs up for another comic franchise from the rival publication. Don't know why, because most other things it doesn't.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 13
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 3:47:39 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

That'd be a good casting decision, too. Even though it seems a bit strange to me every time someone who's already playing a comic book character in one franchise signs up for another comic franchise from the rival publication. Don't know why, because most other things it doesn't.

Worked ok for Chris Evans! and erm Ryan Reynolds.....;)

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 14
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 4:29:52 PM   
Artoo

Yeah, Jaime Alexander would be a decent enough choice and she seems to be clued up as to the tone the movie deserves. That said I am still a staunch supporter of the leather and spandex look with the boobs pushed up to her chin. This is non-negotiable I'm afraid!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 15
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 4:33:05 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

Yeah, Jaime Alexander would be a decent enough choice and she seems to be clued up as to the tone the movie deserves. That said I am still a staunch supporter of the leather and spandex look with the boobs pushed up to her chin. This is non-negotiable I'm afraid!

I was going to say that if she thinks that Wonder Woman's costume is any different to what she described, she has a shock coming to her.
In fact, the two female superheroes that have made it onto the screen in recent years (Black Widow and Catwoman... who's more antihero than villain nowadays) have relatively conservative plain black catsuits and not the sort of thing she described at all.

Of course... in the comics that zipper on Catwoman's catsuit does seem to have been getting lower every time...

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 16
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 4:33:11 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

Agreed! who does she think she is! and what would she plan to wear!! a polo-neck and baggy jeans!!

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 17
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 4:35:23 PM   
Artoo

quote:

quote:

quote:

Erica Durance!! yummy

anyway
http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2013/01/tv-bosses-busy-casting-new-wonder-woman-david-e-kelly-addresses-failure-of-previous-show.html

Dude, she has a nose that's not a million miles away from how Michael Jackson's looked (while he was alive clearly), and her wrinkles and crows feet were massively apparent on a show as glossy as Smallville. These are not attractive things!!

Each to their own though!

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 18
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 4:43:59 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Erica Durance!! yummy

anyway

Dude, she has a nose that's not a million miles away from how Michael Jackson's looked (while he was alive clearly), and her wrinkles and crows feet were massively apparent on a show as glossy as Smallville. These are not attractive things!!

Each to their own though!

yeh Gorgeous brunettes with normal human facial features, like wrinkles and awesome bodies are definitely my thing!

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 19
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 4:53:11 PM   
AxlReznor

Wrinkles may be normal traits, but they'd look out of place on a character that was granted otherworldly beauty from Aphrodite, I believe. Plus, Erica Durance would be awful, no matter how hot she is.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 20
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 5:03:20 PM   
Dannybohy

Axl is on my block lists, but if i where to guess.. he said the opposite of my opinion :) peace

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 21
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 5:43:27 PM   
primebhoy

quote:

quote:

That's gotta be the hardest casting decision ever! She got to be tall, good looking and buff enough to crack walnuts between her thights and ideally - a big name actress. Angelina Jolie would've been good 10 years ago but is a little on the old side now I reckon. The only person that springs to mind actually makes me cringe when I think of her in the role because it's such an abhorrent thought - but I just cant help it! It's Beyonce Knowles! I know, I know - I'ma bad bad man!

Beyonce is 5ft 5 at best i reckon. She'd need a pair of killer heels to pull off the tall aspect. After watching her at the superbowl the other night, she certainly can rock a skintight outfit!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 22
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 6/2/2013 5:47:54 PM   
Timon

If she wasn't already in the Marvel Universe, I'd have said Cobie Smulders would be ideal. Failing that, Morena Baccarin?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 23
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 7/2/2013 9:12:39 AM   
Dannybohy

So, I bet everyone agrees with me and wants Ryan back for Green Lantern 2....right?..............anyone?....................guys!............................come on...this isn't funny now

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 24
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 7/2/2013 9:50:38 AM   
Artoo

I'm cool with Reynolds coming back as GL! The film wasnt all that but it certainly wasn't the steaming pile most people made it out to be, and Reynolds is one of the most naturally charismatic actors going. Not wanting Reynolds back in a JLA movie would just be bloody minded IMO.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 25
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 7/2/2013 9:52:14 AM   
AxlReznor

Reynolds was good casting for Green Lantern. Just a shame what he was given to work with. Kind of like Routh in Superman Returns, actually.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 26
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 7/2/2013 10:03:14 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

I'm cool with Reynolds coming back as GL! The film wasnt all that but it certainly wasn't the steaming pile most people made it out to be, and Reynolds is one of the most naturally charismatic actors going. Not wanting Reynolds back in a JLA movie would just be bloody minded IMO.

wow, really.... i honestly thought I would be alone on that one. I am not big on Green Lantern, I just enjoyed the movie, what story lines do you think a GL2 would go with?.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 27
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 7/2/2013 10:16:25 AM   
Dannybohy

Just skipping back to Wonderwoman.. What about this fine lady ?.

Vivi Pineda

oh and SOFIA VERGARA!! I mean come on! who wouldn't want to see Sofia kicking ass in pants and metal cuffs?

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 28
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 7/2/2013 10:23:25 AM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

Reynolds was good casting for Green Lantern. Just a shame what he was given to work with. Kind of like Routh in Superman Returns, actually.

Yeah I thought Reynolds was alright as Hal Jordan as well it's just a shame that the film was a bit naff really. The whole parallax mythology is such a large part of the Green Lantern backstory that seeing it being given such a short shrift kinda annoyed me. That could have easily filled a couple of films itself with the fall of Hal Jordan followed by the destruction and subsequent Rebirth of the Corps. As it is they blew their load far too early and quickly.

The next film, if there is one, will be about the formation of the Sinestro Corps and the war between the Green and Yellow lanterns if the post credit sequence for the first film is anything to go by.

As for the Wonder Woman talk, I'd love to see a small or big screen adaptation of Azzarello's current run on the comic which is nothing short of outstanding.

< Message edited by Harry Tuttle -- 7/2/2013 10:24:46 AM >

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 29
RE: DC Cinematic Universe - 11/2/2013 9:50:34 AM   
Wild about Wilder

I remember Friday Night Lights Adrianne Palicki once being talked about for the role build wise she pretty much fits the bill.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> DC Cinematic Universe Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI