Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film - 7/2/2013 4:56:54 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

You guys are all forgetting this is Star Wars. That's the draw. You don't need a Hemsworth or a Franco to get bums on seats. People will come for Star Wars. Cast an unknown and hopefully we'll get the next Harrison Ford... or the next Hayden Christiansen.

I make you right but you're not gonna be able to stop the fantasising or speculation. Just go with it,.....join us.....

I think the fact that we might get the next Haydn Christensen is reason enough to cast a Hensworth or a Franco actually. In fact, fuck it - scrap it altogether just in case!

Hey, get some beer and some.....cleaning products!

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 61
! - 7/2/2013 5:04:44 PM   
Timon

Fine.....

Rupert Friend. Yeah you heard!

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 62
RE: ! - 7/2/2013 9:38:32 PM   
Cool Breeze

James Franco would be a terrible choice for Solo.Hes way too sleazy looking and a shite actor to boot.

Bradley Cooper could be decent but id assume they want a younger actor round thirtyish.Maybe it would be best if they cast an unknown.Part of the reason the new Trek worked is that the cast ( especially Chris Pine ) were largely unknown.That doesnt mean i want Pine to play Solo though.Hes already playing a young Harrison Ford in Jack Ryan and i think the actor would want to expand his career beyond playing younger versions of famous movie characters.

Hows about Jason Momoa as Chewbecca and Chiwetel Ejiofor as Lando ?

< Message edited by Cool Breeze -- 7/2/2013 9:39:49 PM >

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 63
RE: ! - 7/2/2013 9:44:13 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Chiwetel Ejiofor as Lando ?

Er... inspired!

Brilliant shout!

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 64
RE: ! - 8/2/2013 6:43:40 AM   
Dirk Miggler

TBH I would rather them not bother with it all ! I would much rather see a KOTOR type film but its fun to speculate !

I'm happy for it to be an unknown or a name so long as the part isn't cast on name alone and by where the casting process is thrown out of the window.

Garrett Hedlund is a name that's been getting thrown about on the Internet, he looks the part, bearing quite the resemblance to a young Ford but I don't know?...... I only have Tron Legacy to go off and although he wasn't bad in it by any stretch I really haven't seen enough of him to really have an opinion.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 8/2/2013 6:46:43 AM >

(in reply to pete_traynor)
Post #: 65
RE: ! - 8/2/2013 9:07:47 AM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

Fine.....

Rupert Friend. Yeah you heard!

I haven't seen him in anything that I can think of, but doing a quick google search my immediate thoughts are that he looks more like a baddie! A young version of Grand Moff Tarkin perhaps??

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 66
RE: ! - 8/2/2013 9:21:09 AM   
Artoo

quote:

James Franco would be a terrible choice for Solo.Hes way too sleazy looking and a shite actor to boot.

Bradley Cooper could be decent but id assume they want a younger actor round thirtyish.Maybe it would be best if they cast an unknown.Part of the reason the new Trek worked is that the cast ( especially Chris Pine ) were largely unknown.That doesnt mean i want Pine to play Solo though.Hes already playing a young Harrison Ford in Jack Ryan and i think the actor would want to expand his career beyond playing younger versions of famous movie characters.

"Who's sleazy lookin??" (see what I did there??)

Have you seen 127 hours? Franco is really quite good in it, and I also thought he was great in Pineapple Express and Milk!! In the Spiderman films however I agree that he wasn't all that. Chris Pine's cool but I agree that he doesn't need to play another character that has already been done umpteen times by another actor - especially one like Han Solo!

I cant tell if you're serious about the re-casting of Chewbacca, but if you are you just need a lanky bloke with a frog in his throat to fit inside the suit - not a named actor like Momoa, and as much as I like Chiwetel Ejiofor, I think Terrence Howard would be great as Lando and should really be shoe-in for the part.

Post #: 67
RE: ! - 8/2/2013 12:10:06 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

quote:

"Who's sleazy lookin??" (see what I did there??)

Have you seen 127 hours? Franco is really quite good in it, and I also thought he was great in Pineapple Express and Milk!! In the Spiderman films however I agree that he wasn't all that. Chris Pine's cool but I agree that he doesn't need to play another character that has already been done umpteen times by another actor - especially one like Han Solo!

I cant tell if you're serious about the re-casting of Chewbacca, but if you are you just need a lanky bloke with a frog in his throat to fit inside the suit - not a named actor like Momoa, and as much as I like Chiwetel Ejiofor, I think Terrence Howard would be great as Lando and should really be shoe-in for the part.

He just played a few sleazy roles and he actually a very good actor and I think he has been great in everything! he steels the scene in his very brief cameo in Green Hornet! and he was up against Christoph Waltz!!!!!. I cant think of a better actor to play Han, and i think he would be just awesome.

I would imagine the next time we see Chewbacca he will be CGi. unless budget is an issue and then all you need is a tall guy, end of casting talk.

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 8/2/2013 12:14:16 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 68
RE: ! - 8/2/2013 1:11:55 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy
I would imagine the next time we see Chewbacca he will be CGi. unless budget is an issue and then all you need is a tall guy, end of casting talk.

Theyíll probably mo cap him.

Although I really like that tech when executed by talented actors/animators (Caesar was sensational!) I donít think itís necessary for Chewie. He doesnít need to emote to any real level. And if he suddenly did in a new film it would jar badly with what has gone before I think. Guy in a suit growling and moaning from time to time (sounds a bit gimpish that ) would be fine, so they should save the money and do it how it was done before.

EXTREMELY LIMITED 1/1 FILM DIRECTOR HAND DRAWN ORIGINALS COMING SOON - http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 69
RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film - 8/2/2013 1:22:05 PM   
Chief

Make Lando white. The campaign starts here.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 70
RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film - 8/2/2013 1:36:14 PM   
pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

And make Han black! Really f*ck with peoplesí minds on this. Outside of the box thinking...

(in reply to Chief)
Post #: 71
RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film - 8/2/2013 1:43:00 PM   
DancingClown

[image]http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs1/3965322_o.gif[/image]

EDIT: Fuck it. That was a gif of Nien Nunb, laughing by the way.

< Message edited by DancingClown -- 8/2/2013 1:44:08 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

Post #: 72
RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film - 8/2/2013 2:45:15 PM   
Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chief

And make Han black! Really f*ck with peoplesí minds on this. Outside of the box thinking...

Make Yoda a Wookie, Chewie an Ewok and Jar Jar a dead thing that's not in it.

Post #: 73
RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film - 8/2/2013 2:51:02 PM   
AxlReznor

The more I think about Disney's plans for the franchise, the more I think there's no way of doing it without them disregarding 30 years of continuity.

(in reply to Artoo)
Post #: 74
RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film - 8/2/2013 2:56:40 PM   
Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

The more I think about Disney's plans for the franchise, the more I think there's no way of doing it without them disregarding 30 years of continuity.

Didn't bother Lucas when he made the prequels.

Acting...Naturaaal

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Blood Island. So called because it's the exact shape of some blood

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 75
RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film - 8/2/2013 2:58:48 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

Lucas actually incorporated elements of the Expanded Universe into the prequels. There were some inconsistencies, but all in all, they fit pretty well with what had already been established. But with Disney's plans, it just seems that they're going to have to completely do away with everything in order to be able to tell any kind of story.

(in reply to Harry Tuttle)
Post #: 76
RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film - 8/2/2013 4:31:54 PM   
Dirk Miggler

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

Lucas actually incorporated elements of the Expanded Universe into the prequels. There were some inconsistencies, but all in all, they fit pretty well with what had already been established. But with Disney's plans, it just seems that they're going to have to completely do away with everything in order to be able to tell any kind of story.

Only lightly dabbled in EU myself but isn't there a far greater wealth of EU material post ROTJ than compared with the Prequel material available at the time when those films were beings made ? Ignoring some of that material seems inevitable but the movies have always been absolute canon and the ST will have a story outlined by GL.

< Message edited by Dirk Miggler -- 8/2/2013 4:36:32 PM >

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 77
RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film - 8/2/2013 6:08:47 PM   
AxlReznor

That's right... all of the writers were under orders not to go into events in the time period of the prequels, because it's something he wanted to deal with himself. But he gave them free reign to do whatever they wanted after Return Of The Jedi (with a couple of exceptions), and all of that stuff from books, comics and video games has all been treated as the official continuation of the story by Lucasfilm since Timothy Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy.

I just have a feeling that the only way for Disney to move forward with their plans is to say that none of the stories or characters that thousands of fans have invested in all of this time exist any more. That wouldn't sit right with me, and I'm assuming it wouldn't sit right with a lot of other people, either.

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 78
RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film - 9/2/2013 2:52:44 PM   
Dirk Miggler

The EU is there to be enjoyed by all and to satisfy the fans craving more SW stories, the problem is that I think a lot of fans have put too much importance on them over the years which is why to appease those fans Lucasfilm had to eventually acknowledge it with the various levels of canonicity.

I think the only EU material that could or will get retconned will be the stuff that contradicts the events in the timeline of the ST, so if the films do indeed take place 30-40 years after ROTJ, events like Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy could then easily be kept as part of the overall continuity. I think theres just going to have to be a bit of give and take on the part of the fans, don't get me wrong I can completely understand where your coming from but Star Wars at its core has always been about the films that's why they are absolute canon.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 79
RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film - 9/2/2013 4:36:19 PM   
Cool Breeze

As someone who enjoys both Star Wars and Star Trek EU, i can live with it if the new movies ignore what has occured in EU.Its well known in Trek fandom that the EU is not canon and are just enjoyable stories in their own right but are take it or leave it as far as continuity goes.The same can go for new SW.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Dirk Miggler)
Post #: 80
RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film - 11/2/2013 8:54:54 AM   
Dannybohy

We should come out of the EU as soon as possible !

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

Post #: 81
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> RE: Star Wars: Han/Boba/TotJ/Rebo/Green Sex Slave film Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI