Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Subscription paid but can't download

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire iPad Edition >> Subscription paid but can't download Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Subscription paid but can't download - 6/2/2013 12:55:44 AM   
dtan

Hi,

I have an issue that I would like to clarify.
My first year sub started on 15/12/11 and it was auto renewed on 15/12/12.
However I can't download any issues from Jan 2013 onwards. There's only a purchase button in my app for the Mar issue but it's not available for the Feb issue. I gather that Feb 2013 is already a back issue so that's probably the reason.
I'm still running OS4 on the 1st gen ipad.

I've also contacted iTunes and they have been nice enough to reverse the charge yesterday but I do want to subscribe cos I love the magazine.

< Message edited by dtan -- 6/2/2013 12:56:33 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Subscription paid but can't download - 6/2/2013 9:26:48 AM   
James Dyer

That's certainly odd. Normally that kind of thing (and indeed every other kind of thing as this is my one-size-fits-all solution) is fixed by uninstalling, reinstalling and pressing Restore Purchases. I've no idea what causes it to 'forget' though.

"Mrs Landingham, what's next?"

(in reply to dtan)
Post #: 2
RE: Subscription paid but can't download - 6/2/2013 2:31:24 PM   
dtan

I'm unsure if it's due to me having the older version of iOS which doesn't allow me to update the latest version of the Empire app.
However I have had no issues up to Jan 2013 and I've also tried the restore purchases button to no avail.
And I was given the option to purchase or subscribe to the Mar issue so the app version should not be a problem.

I'm unsure if I should subscribe again because iTunes might not reimburse me again in the event that I get this problem again.

(in reply to dtan)
Post #: 3
RE: Subscription paid but can't download - 7/2/2013 12:38:29 PM   
James Dyer

Ah yes. If you can't update to the latest version then that will cause problems. The latest issues only work with the recent versions of the app.

(in reply to dtan)
Post #: 4
RE: Subscription paid but can't download - 6/3/2013 1:36:18 PM   
sm4life

Hi,

I have somewhat of the same issue. I bought the subscription on Jan. 1 (my order number was MGLTF5KWJS or MGLTDY09). It downloaded the February and March ones fine. However it's not downloading the April one now. In fact it's saying that I need to buy a new subscription. I contacted Apple about it and they couldn't help and told me to check in with you.

I've tried closing and reopening the app. I haven't completely deleted it and reinstalled it yet, I'm worried about losing my back catalogue.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

(in reply to James Dyer)
Post #: 5
RE: Subscription paid but can't download - 8/3/2013 9:24:15 AM   
James Dyer

Unfortunately the only way to fix it when it goes mental is usually to uninstall and reinstall then press the button for restoring purchases. The downside is that you do then have to redownload all the issues that you've bought.

(in reply to sm4life)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire iPad Edition >> Subscription paid but can't download Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI