Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

AntiViral - Weird New Film

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> AntiViral - Weird New Film Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AntiViral - Weird New Film - 5/2/2013 3:32:16 PM   
SarahBanks195

Anyone heard of this film Antiviral?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8wkFu4Lin0#

Its based on like vampires, and celebrity obsession etc and yeah it looks really weird to me but also quite interesting

Post #: 1
RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film - 10/2/2013 9:56:26 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SarahBanks195

Its based on like vampires, and celebrity obsession etc and yeah it looks really weird to me but also quite interesting

No was going to see it last night, but didn't in the end. Its from David Cronenberg's son and for that alone I would like to see it

(in reply to SarahBanks195)
Post #: 2
RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film - 15/2/2013 8:56:04 AM   
elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

People made that mistake before and went to see Surveillance
No was going to see it last night, but didn't in the end. Its from David Cronenberg's son and for that alone I would like to see it

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 3
RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film - 15/2/2013 10:33:12 AM   
Mysticalunicornfart

Yeah. Been wanting to see it for close to a year now. Love the ambiguity of the teaser and the cinematography looks stellar.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 4
RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film - 15/2/2013 10:45:45 AM   
UTB

I saw it at the Prince Charles Cinema a couple of weeks ago and for the large part enjoyed it.

Caleb Jones was utterly brilliant and such an atypical leading man who gives a very intense performance.

The film itself i pretty twisted and whilst there are a couple of Croneberg Snr moments, it was far less melodramatic than any of his output (not that melodrama is a bad thing, of course). It reminded me more of German thrillers like Antibodies - clinical and quietly brooding.

It's a tad too long, however - there's a peak around two thirds of the way through followed by a lull, followed by a second build up but by then the audience I saw it with seemed pretty resless.

A terrific debut, and the (2nd) ending is deliciously twisted indeed.

Its out on DVD here now (no blu ray for some reason, will have to go Region A)

(in reply to Mysticalunicornfart)
Post #: 5
RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film - 15/2/2013 11:34:06 AM   
Mysticalunicornfart

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

I saw it at the Prince Charles Cinema a couple of weeks ago and for the large part enjoyed it.

Caleb Jones was utterly brilliant and such an atypical leading man who gives a very intense performance.

The film itself i pretty twisted and whilst there are a couple of Croneberg Snr moments, it was far less melodramatic than any of his output (not that melodrama is a bad thing, of course). It reminded me more of German thrillers like Antibodies - clinical and quietly brooding.

It's a tad too long, however - there's a peak around two thirds of the way through followed by a lull, followed by a second build up but by then the audience I saw it with seemed pretty resless.

A terrific debut, and the (2nd) ending is deliciously twisted indeed.

Its out on DVD here now (no blu ray for some reason, will have to go Region A)

Great to hear. Plus, I'm jealous.. Netflix doesn't want to tell me when they're coughing it up.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 6
RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film - 16/2/2013 6:14:40 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

quote:

People made that mistake before and went to see Surveillance

I know but this one has got much better reviews, besides I would give a Jennifer Lynch film a watch too

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 7
RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film - 16/2/2013 10:16:00 PM   
UTB

Surveillance was a great little flick too, loved the twists and turns. That's reminded me I need to get this on Blu!

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 8
RE: AntiViral - Weird New Film - 17/2/2013 2:32:57 AM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

Surveillance was a great little flick too, loved the twists and turns. That's reminded me I need to get this on Blu!

I am going to start at the begining with Boxing Heleina, its the worse film ever right?

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films >> AntiViral - Weird New Film Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI