Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Michael Bay Talks Transformers 4

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Michael Bay Talks Transformers 4 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Michael Bay Talks Transformers 4 - 4/2/2013 1:02:38 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Transformers 4 title - 4/2/2013 1:02:38 PM   
leetee80

Maybe instead of the suggested titles, it be called - Transformers 4: Pile of Shite

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Michael Bay's Transformer franchise - 4/2/2013 1:17:04 PM   
NRJ1995

If I'm completely honest, I hear people almost on a daily basis bitching about Michael Bay's transformers films and how they are "justa ll about the explosions" and that he's a crappy director. Okay maybe there are a hell of a lot of explosions, but what do people hoenstly expect when it comes to intergalactic robots battleing it out? flower bombs? And as for people saying he's a sucky director, I think it's a little bit TOO critical. He's good at whathe does and should keep going at. They may not be the best films I've ever seen, but I still think they are pretty damn good in comparison to some other action film.

Post #: 3
Transformers - 3 2 Far - 4/2/2013 1:27:34 PM   
Ledbowie

Admittedly the first one wasn't 100% horrible. But no-one needed the next 2 installments, and as for a 4th......

Michael Bay has talent (everyone remember The Rock!), and should probably look at something new.

Post #: 4
RE: Michael Bay's Transformer franchise - 4/2/2013 1:33:47 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: NRJ1995

If I'm completely honest, I hear people almost on a daily basis bitching about Michael Bay's transformers films and how they are "justa ll about the explosions" and that he's a crappy director. Okay maybe there are a hell of a lot of explosions, but what do people hoenstly expect when it comes to intergalactic robots battleing it out? flower bombs? And as for people saying he's a sucky director, I think it's a little bit TOO critical. He's good at whathe does and should keep going at. They may not be the best films I've ever seen, but I still think they are pretty damn good in comparison to some other action film.

Hes great at what he does and I personally love most of his movies. I am mostly just disappointed with the Transformers sequels! .They where only just ok!, they look great but the cast changes, Robot choices and stories just fell apart!. Still, I will pretty much go see any of his movies! always a blast!.

I think he should drop Transformers now and move on!

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 4/2/2013 1:34:35 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to NRJ1995)
Post #: 5
Too much - 4/2/2013 1:35:42 PM   
Bobby TwoTimes

I appreciate the Transformers films for what they were - my son was the perfect age for these films when they came out and they've been enjoyable enough as mindless hangover action films, but the problem is people will always struggle with the 4th film of a franchise. As far back as I can remember the 4th film is always the one where people groan whenever it's mentioned. If the 3rd and 4th aren't impeccable then people just aren't interested - take the Pirates Franchise as an example. Even when the trilogy is massively loved - The Bourne Trilogy - people still just aren't as interested in the 4th, hence why this will inevitably do much less business than the others.

Post #: 6
RE: Michael Bay's Transformer franchise - 4/2/2013 1:45:52 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Thing is, I don't think anyone goes into a Transformers film expecting something which comments on the nature of the Universe and the meaning of a life ala Terrence Malick, and nor should they. But that isn't a get out of jail free card for Bay and his shoddy film-making and frankly horrendous sexism.

It is possible for Transformers to be good and fun, but Bay is such a cack-handed director and has proven time and time again that he has no intention of delivering a half-way decent film. The man is a hopeless, drooling infant.

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 4/2/2013 1:46:46 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to NRJ1995)
Post #: 7
RE: Michael Bay's Transformer franchise - 4/2/2013 2:17:24 PM   
Dannybohy

No eye candy casting yet then? Whose going to make the low camera slo-mo shots worth while!!.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 8
RE: Michael Bay's Transformer franchise - 4/2/2013 2:29:21 PM   
UTB

quote:

Okay maybe there are a hell of a lot of explosions, but what do people hoenstly expect when it comes to intergalactic robots battleing it out?

Generally people don't complain about the explosion content of a Michael Bay film. Its his inability to create a film without sticking a camera up the leading lady's arsehole or include an endless stream of dick jokes that irritate people.

I would gladly see a film with robots beating the shit out of each other, if it were just that. I don't need to see dogs fucking each other or giant robotestes for this to be enjoyable.

(in reply to NRJ1995)
Post #: 9
RE: Michael Bay's Transformer franchise - 4/2/2013 5:51:03 PM   
Woger

quote:

Not making potentially great scenes boring. Someone said it before: it takes a special lack of talent to make giant robots fighting boring.

Eddie: "Weve been burgaled"
Richie: You may have been, but I have never in my life. As a christian I am so tightly clenched, oh you mean burgaled
- - -
There were originally five horsemen of the apocalypse. Jack Bauer said he would travel by foot

(in reply to NRJ1995)
Post #: 10
RE: Michael Bay's Transformer franchise - 4/2/2013 6:51:02 PM   
directorscut

quote:

Okay maybe there are a hell of a lot of explosions, but what do people hoenstly expect when it comes to intergalactic robots battleing it out?

A 90 minute movie.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 11
RE: Michael Bay's Transformer franchise - 4/2/2013 7:47:20 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: UTB

quote:

Generally people don't complain about the explosion content of a Michael Bay film. Its his inability to create a film without sticking a camera up the leading lady's arsehole or include an endless stream of dick jokes that irritate people.

I would gladly see a film with robots beating the shit out of each other, if it were just that. I don't need to see dogs fucking each other or giant robotestes for this to be enjoyable.

This.

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to UTB)
Post #: 12
Reboot please! - 4/2/2013 9:41:08 PM   
Cool Breeze

Will someone please tell this '' director '' to fuck off and give this franchise to someone who knows how make a good sci fi action movie? Preferably someone who can make a Transformers movie without racist '' humour '' and toilet humour.An actual movie about the transformers themselves would be nice too instead of a two and half hour teen comedy.

Post #: 13
RE: Reboot please! - 4/2/2013 10:14:47 PM   
rich

Michael Bay needs to disappear for taking such a basic, fun concept and making it into some so totally grotesque.

Weekend write-ups

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 14
RE: Too much - 5/2/2013 7:14:46 AM   
Overmind

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bobby TwoTimes

I appreciate the Transformers films for what they were - my son was the perfect age for these films when they came out and they've been enjoyable enough as mindless hangover action films, but the problem is people will always struggle with the 4th film of a franchise. As far back as I can remember the 4th film is always the one where people groan whenever it's mentioned. If the 3rd and 4th aren't impeccable then people just aren't interested - take the Pirates Franchise as an example. Even when the trilogy is massively loved - The Bourne Trilogy - people still just aren't as interested in the 4th, hence why this will inevitably do much less business than the others.

No rules without an exeption.
Shreck 4 is, in my humble opinion, the best movie in the frachise.

"All suspects are to be considered guilty, period. Or else they wouldn't be suspects would they?" -TROOPS

(in reply to Bobby TwoTimes)
Post #: 15
RE: Michael Bay Talks Transformers 4 - 5/2/2013 4:41:55 PM   
Dannybohy

Your all such fans I thought you might like the latest interviews featured on his blog!

http://www.michaelbay.com/blog/

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 5/2/2013 4:44:00 PM >

Post #: 16
FLASHMAN - 8/2/2013 11:04:49 AM   
Frank Comiskey

Clear away the jaw dropping spectacle, and you find that he has always been surprisingly patient on character development and fast, witty dialogue - have a look at who wrote Armageddon -so 'Pain & Gain' could prove very good indeed.

Post #: 17
Best Transformers movie ?? - 25/2/2013 6:58:48 PM   
Paulwalbin81

Gotta say the best transformers movie was the animated one from the 80's, awesome soundtrack , stellar voice cast including Spock and they killed the main character 10mins in one of the best movies ever !! Hail unicron

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Michael Bay Talks Transformers 4 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI