Pulp... new song!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> Pulp... new song! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pulp... new song! - 3/2/2013 9:44:58 PM   
Mister Coe

Did anyone see this on the Jonathan Ross show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZX1Is-T8e0

Pulp are one of my favourite bands ever. The true succesors to The Smiths, IMO. But I seem to remember that Jarvis said something about not doing any new material, ever! And now this new song is performed... do you think they're doing a Bowie, ie recording a new album under the radar and throwing it out with little fanfare to avoid unrealistic expectations? Or is it just a solitary new track to pave the way for a Greatest Hits album featuring all those songs we've already bought? I tried to get on the Pulp website for some confirmation, but it seems to be down right now.

Either way, it's a terrific song. Jarvis is definately one of the best lyricists ever...

Say what now?
Post #: 1
RE: Pulp... new song! - 3/2/2013 9:56:43 PM   
matty_b

It's funky as fuck and I absolutely love it. I've had it since December though, when they gave Christmas cards to everyone who attended the Sheffield gig. It had a code inside that you had to type into their website from Christmas Eve midnight and it was available to download.

Technically speaking, it's not a 'new' song, though. It was written for the last studio album they did in 2002 - We Love Life - but never made the final cut. It's been given a very nice new polish.

As for a new album, I've heard people who claim to be in the know say there's one on the way, so who knows? Be great if there is.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze
Mattyb is a shining example of what the perfect Empire Forum member is.

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 2
RE: Pulp... new song! - 3/2/2013 11:56:06 PM   
SadFace

As a Sheffielder, it's in my blood to love Pulp, and as soon as I found out it had been finished by LCD Soundsystem's James Murphy (my favourite band of the 2000s), I had to check it out, I really like it.

Tobias, you blowhard.

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

That's the most wrong I've ever seen someone be on this forum. And both Gimli and Elab post here.

(in reply to matty_b)
Post #: 3
RE: Pulp... new song! - 4/2/2013 9:16:00 PM   
Mister Coe

'From disco to disco, from Sainsbury's to Tesco, we're always shopping from the cradle to Death Row'...

My God, the only UK lyricists I can think of who are that good are Shane McGowen and Jimbob from Carter USM...

Say what now?

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 4
RE: Pulp... new song! - 5/2/2013 3:04:22 PM   
ElephantBoy

Heard it recently on 6Music and it did feel like classic Pulp. Was this a pysical release or just something you download? (damn that sounded so rude, just had to leave it in)

(in reply to Mister Coe)
Post #: 5
RE: Pulp... new song! - 5/2/2013 9:09:16 PM   
Mister Coe

quote:

ORIGINAL: ElephantBoy

Heard it recently on 6Music and it did feel like classic Pulp. Was this a pysical release or just something you download? (damn that sounded so rude, just had to leave it in)

I always prefer a physical download... ooohhhh, matron!

Joking aside, I saw it on Amazon but there doesn't seem to be a single release. Let's hope it's just a prelude to a proper album.

Say what now?

(in reply to ElephantBoy)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Audiophile >> Pulp... new song! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI