Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Wreck-It Ralph Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wreck-It Ralph - 2/2/2013 3:49:52 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
A great family film, and a fun nostalgia trip for game ... - 2/2/2013 3:49:52 PM   
thearchitect

Edit - your reviews are welcome here. Please don't add off-site links to advertise your own site.

Here is the full review on my site

< Message edited by elab49 -- 5/2/2013 1:22:46 PM >

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Ruined by Disney's arrogance! - 4/2/2013 12:19:22 AM   
J_BUltimatum

Was really enjoying this until about half way through when I started noticing all the Star Wars references they were putting in... completely ruined it for me!!!

Post #: 3
Great Film - 4/2/2013 12:20:10 AM   
rcrofty7

Very funny and good animated movie me and family loved it. Only thing i felt was seeing as it is for kids, did anyone else think the guy ripping out the zombies heart at the beginning a bit gruesome for a young audience?

Post #: 4
Bloody boring. - 4/2/2013 12:21:22 PM   
CHUFFSTER

Both me and my little boy nearly fell asleep watching it.

Post #: 5
RE: Great Film - 4/2/2013 1:16:40 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: rcrofty7

Very funny and good animated movie me and family loved it. Only thing i felt was seeing as it is for kids, did anyone else think the guy ripping out the zombies heart at the beginning a bit gruesome for a young audience?

I didn't think my son would enjoy it as most of the retro references and the premise for the movie kind of goes over his head!. He enjoyed it, but not as much as Hotel Transylvania and Monster in Paris. I agree the Heart pulling was not what I was expecting and I got a little annoyed! but then my idiot father let me watch the Alien Chest busting scene when I was around 7! and I turned out ok!?.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to rcrofty7)
Post #: 6
RE: Great Film - 5/2/2013 10:24:49 AM   
Timon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

I agree the Heart pulling was not what I was expecting and I got a little annoyed! but then my idiot father let me watch the Alien Chest busting scene when I was around 7! and I turned out ok!?.

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 7
RE: Great Film - 5/2/2013 11:21:21 AM   
film man aidy

Great fun and very well written. Saw it with a 5 & 7 year old, both who loved it. To be fair about some of the more intense scenes, it has a PG certificate.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 8
RE: Ruined by Disney's arrogance! - 5/2/2013 12:18:36 PM   
waltham1979

quote:

ORIGINAL: J_BUltimatum

Was really enjoying this until about half way through when I started noticing all the Star Wars references they were putting in... completely ruined it for me!!!

Between this, Warm Bodies and Lincoln - your not having a good time at the cinema the last couple of weeks are you!?

I just wish stuff like, I don't know, the slow & systemic CRATERING of this country could inspire the same call-to-arms as Batman casting

(in reply to J_BUltimatum)
Post #: 9
RE: Ruined by Disney's arrogance! - 5/2/2013 1:14:14 PM   
Timon

quote:

So... they shoehorned in a load of Star Wars references into a film that's four years in the making to tie-in to their 3-month old acquisition of LucasFilm?

OR

Are you thinking the 'Sugar Race' is a rip-off of the podrace without realising that it isn't a reference to the likes of Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Racing and all the other racing games Episode I was inspired by...?

"I put no stock in religion. By the word 'religion', I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called 'The Will of God'. Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves."

Twitter: @timonsingh

(in reply to J_BUltimatum)
Post #: 10
RE: Ruined by Disney's arrogance! - 9/2/2013 3:50:51 PM   
target

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

quote:

So... they shoehorned in a load of Star Wars references into a film that's four years in the making to tie-in to their 3-month old acquisition of LucasFilm?

OR

Are you thinking the 'Sugar Race' is a rip-off of the podrace without realising that it isn't a reference to the likes of Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Racing and all the other racing games Episode I was inspired by...?

I only noticed one star wars gag (Darth Vader Breathing).

Saw this today with my nieces. We all really enjoyed it. 4/5

We're not retreating we're advancing in another direction

Thanks for the AV darthbane.

(in reply to Timon)
Post #: 11
RE: Wreck-It Ralph - 9/2/2013 6:51:03 PM   
Phubbs

Wreck-It Ralph (2012)

Now call me ageist but I firmly believe if you were born around 1980 then you will really get much more out of this film. I'm not saying that no one else will of course, everyone will enjoy this ride but the pure retrotastic feast on offer here will make certain folk of a certain age grin from ear to ear. I really will try not to use the word 'retro' too much here...ah who am I kidding!.

Just to see the poster for this film is glorious, the classically designed 80's style arcade front that clearly homages games like the original 'Donkey Kong' and maybe 'Rampage' is beautiful. Even the title of the film is perfect, the team behind this film have really hit the nail on the head.

For a fictional game 'Wreck-It Ralph' is beautifully designed and could so easily be a real game. The character sprites of 'Fix-It Felix Jr' ('Donkey Kong Jr'?) and 'Turbo' in 'TurboTime' ('Rally-X'?) are also well done.

The plot isn't as simplistic as you would imagine either. Obviously it involves a struggle against a villain but the writing team have cleverly used the common problem of old game glitches, hacking (not so much old school with this of course) or 'crashing' alongside the more typical rescue theme. I also loved how they went about creating the whole videogame world underneath (or behind) those trusty old arcade cabinets. Using the cables as a kind of subway portal to a main hub where all characters go to relax or meet, a huge videogame central station.

I can't deny I've often thought about how worlds like this might or could exist/work if you wanted to make a film centered around a videogame universe. Same with how you would create a world/universe which incorporated every cartoon character ever.

I loved everything I saw in this game, almost. The visuals of course are top notch CGI as expected but I'm referring to the mix of old school and new gen videogame worlds, characters and styles. All characters have a modern CGI sheen but they still keep their traditional artistic style somewhat. But its the little things that really made me smile, the sound effects for one, small touches that bring everything together. All those legendary pings, rings, dings, power up's and extra life sounds and are all in place for the various characters.

Also loved how in the old 8-bit style game sequences everything has a pixelated edge...just like the games. Nice use of a classic Nintendo D-pad tucked away in there too, why not more from Nintendo in this?.

When 'Sonic' gets hit he spills a load of rings everywhere, 'Clyde' the ghost from 'Pacman' hovers as he should and has those classic 8-bit effects when he goes blue, 'Q*bert' sprites are as you remember them including balloon speech, the 'Wreck-It Ralph' sprites all move in a jerky limited way just like old 8-bit sprites and there are many small cameos from game characters ranging from back in the day to present day. In fact I'm sure many young folk watching won't have a clue who some of them are.

This is all boosted even more with lovely little real in-game sequences from a few games like 'Pacman' and 'Tapper'...which I was so pleased to see. Oh my 'Tapper' or 'Root Beer Tapper' was one of those old school games that spawned a huge following of fans and copies, you would find it in bars for heavens sake!. Makes you wish they still had those dark dingy mist filled arcades chock full of those wonderful cabinets.

The only criticism that hit me whilst watching, which is more a constructive artistic difference of opinion really, is the lack of real game environments. In other words, how much cooler would this film had been if the 'game zone' of 'Heroes Duty' was actually 'Halo' or 'COD'. Or if the game zone of 'Sugar Rush' had been 'Mariokart' both with all their gameworld characters. I realise its a small moan and copyrights I'm sure came into play hugely but seriously!!! how fudging awesome would that have been!!!!?? makes me dribble at the thought of it.

The other thing was, 'Vanellope' still has her glitch 'skill' at the end, so how come that's not seen as a game fault causing it to be 'out of order'?. Oh and 'King Candy' looks and sounds like 'The Mad Hatter' from Disney's 'Alice in Wonderland'.

My imagination was running wild whilst watching this film and long after. I wanted there to be more characters, more sprites, more worlds, more classic sound effects etc...just more input from various giant videogame companies. The last film to make me feel like this (slightly) was 'Scott Pilgrim' and all the nice little videogame touches that had. Before that you gotta go way back to the cartoon 'Captain N: The Game Master' which was a Nintendo fueled awesome fest (look it up).

This animated film has so much win in it I simply can't include it all. Yes a major part of me liking this is because I'm looking at it through some pretty darn thick rose tinted specs but everyone my age will be the same (if you played videogames). Just like 'Toy Story' the film taps into a long distant loving childhood memory and brings it all flooding back. Not even a childhood memory seeing as I'm sure many still play but the retro appeal here is as strong as an iron girder. Makes you wonder why it hasn't been done before.

Did I see 'Sub-Zero' in this or just a character like him?. Oh stick around for the end credits as they are nicely done also.

'Right here. I'm Zangief, I'm bad guy'

< Message edited by Phubbs -- 9/2/2013 7:28:19 PM >

Post #: 12
RE: Wreck-It Ralph - 9/2/2013 10:54:50 PM   
spamandham

Run of the mill kids film ruined by annoying little shit whats-her-face penelope pitstop. Not enough computer game references for a film trying to be an homage to them.

Post #: 13
RE: Wreck-It Ralph - 9/2/2013 11:06:20 PM   
Hood_Man

I know it's only February, but this is the most fun I've had at the cinema all year. "Or-ee-oh, Oree-OH-oh!"

(in reply to spamandham)
Post #: 14
RE: Wreck-It Ralph - 9/2/2013 11:56:14 PM   
Phubbs

quote:

ORIGINAL: spamandham

Run of the mill kids film ruined by annoying little shit whats-her-face penelope pitstop. Not enough computer game references for a film trying to be an homage to them.

She was a tad annoying yes and I did REALLY wanna see more videogame characters and worlds in there as I say in my review, but its still a great fun film. It would have been so cool to have 'Mariokart' instead of 'Sugar Rush'.

(in reply to spamandham)
Post #: 15
RE: Wreck-It Ralph - 10/2/2013 9:35:56 AM   
Vitamin F

Unbelievably unfunny. Honestly, this is shockingly unfunny for an animated kids film.
There are loads of game references but they're not funny game references, and the very young probably won't get a lot of them!
In fact most of the film seems to have blurred some boundary between film and videogame cut-scene, not a good direction.

I chuckled 4 times during this. Only 4. That's bad.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 16
RE: Wreck-It Ralph - 10/2/2013 1:08:19 PM   
UncleMonkeyTrousers

Enjoyable fun.

I do agree that 'mature' folks will get more from a lot of the cameos in the background.

Personally I loved the Flash Gordon Wedding March riff most. Must be my age.......

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 17
RE: Wreck-It Ralph - 10/2/2013 1:23:25 PM   
Phubbs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vitamin F

Unbelievably unfunny. Honestly, this is shockingly unfunny for an animated kids film.
There are loads of game references but they're not funny game references, and the very young probably won't get a lot of them!
In fact most of the film seems to have blurred some boundary between film and videogame cut-scene, not a good direction.

I don't really think its suppose to be an animated comedy.

(in reply to Vitamin F)
Post #: 18
RE: Wreck-It Ralph - 10/2/2013 10:13:40 PM   
Vitamin F

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phubbs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vitamin F

I don't really think its suppose to be an animated comedy.

Yeah, but come on, it's meant to be funny. The 2 leads are sort of known for being funny (and were encouraged to ad-lib somewhat according to Silverman), and yet the end result...
The magic of something like Toy Story (and in fact most Pixar/Disney and it's ilk) from an adult perspective is that past the cutesy-ness and childhood references there is genuine wit & humour. This gives it an appeal and means it still works after multiple viewings. I never want to sit through Wreck-It Ralph again.

(in reply to Phubbs)
Post #: 19
Great! - 14/2/2013 8:25:25 PM   
tysmuse

Loved it, great fun. AMAZING animation. Doesn't come close to the classic levels set by Monsters Inc. and Toy Story, but better than most of the other dross we've seen in the past few years.
Also, this (Empire's) is an excellent review.

Post #: 20
RE: Great! - 15/2/2013 7:38:14 PM   
Dr Lenera

When Litwak’s Arcade closes at night, the various video game characters leave their normal in-game roles and are free to travel to other games. Within the game Fix-It Felix, Jr., the characters celebrate its titular hero but shun the game’s villain character, Wreck-It Ralph, who wants to stop being the bad guy but is told he has to earn a medal before he can be part of the group. When a modern, first-person shooter game called Hero’s Duty arrives featuring tough-as-nails Sergeant Calhoun, Ralph sneaks into the game to obtain a medal, but accidentally unleashes a deadly Cy-Bug enemy which threatens every game in the arcade. Ralph’s only hope? Vanellope von Schweetz, a young troublemaking “glitch” from a candy-coated cart racing game called Sugar Rush who might just be the one to teach Ralph what it means to be a Good Guy…..

Being as I couldn't give a damn about computer games, it’s possible that I’m not really the right person to review a film like Wreck-It Ralph. It is a loving tribute to computer games, heavily nostalgic for the simpler games of old, and absolutely crammed with references that many will nod at approvingly and even cheer. Unfortunately, despite the many good reviews of the film by critics who sometimes seem over-keen to show how ‘cool’ they are, I feel that if you don’t care for games than much of it will just go over your head, and all you’re really left with is yet another villain-who-wants-to-be-good story [Megamind, Despicable Me] with some seriously great visuals. Make no mistake, the film really does look good, especially once we arrive in the Sugar Rush world which is made of sweets and shows fantastic imagination in its design, but the beats of the story are all very predictable, most of it has been done better before [i.e.the Speed Racer/ Phantom Menace-style car race] and the film makes the mistake of spending more time with the least interesting of the two couples, though the film does develop heart after a while. Just as well, because the humour falls increasingly flat, and just hearing Sarah Silverman’s voice is almost as annoying as seeing her. Still, it’s a million times better than Scott Pilgrim Vs The World.

Rating: 5.5/10

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to tysmuse)
Post #: 21
GAMING FUN FOR EVERYONE!!! - 15/2/2013 10:20:59 PM   
Ramone87

Thoroughly enjoyable Disney animation pic!!!

The story centers around Ralph a hammer fisted 'baddie' of an arcade game of the same name. However Ralph is fed up of being a bad guy and desparately want's to win a medal. The thing is in the games world only good guys can get those,..;)

So starts a cool romp through our beloved and well known gaming universe,..everthing from 8 bit classic games like Pacman to Sonic, Donkey kong and current Xbox 360 titles like Halo are all given an affectionate nod too. John Reily does a great job as our lumbering hero tired of his 'Wreck it Ralph' arcade game, breaks rules and deserts his gaming world to venture into others for his precious medal. He does this by entering a hub or station where all sprites and gaming characters are checked and logged,..pretty similair to Monsters Inc here;)

So we follow Ralph entering all sorts of dazzling gaming worlds, from his 8 bit universe to a Halo inspired Shoot em up where he meet's tough and ready space marine hottie Calhoun played by Jane Lynch. From here then get's booted into a Sugar Rush multi coloured Racer world where he meets cutesy mange style character Venollope played by Sarah Silverman. Here a bond develops Ralph wants his Medal back and Venollope wants a new speedracer to compete in a championship to ragain her gaming status.

There are gag's a plenty here, some hardcore games will get and others too;) we meet plenty more colourful characters, such as King Candy played by Alan Tudyk. He is wonderfully kooky and genuinely hilarious in many scenes. The biggest threat for our hereos is that if you do 'jump' games, the glitches they produce get noticed by real world gamers,..hence the danger of an arcade machine getting an 'Out of Order' sticker,...a certain death for all sprites!!

So catch this one, an exciting, inventive and colourful trip through our familiar Gaming worlds, with funny characters and a good story to boot!!

ENJOY!!!

< Message edited by Ramone87 -- 15/2/2013 10:22:45 PM >

Post #: 22
RE: Wreck-It Ralph - 22/2/2013 2:25:33 AM   
YouSeenThat.com

“UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START”

Growing-up in the 80′s was a magical time: Gremlins, Garbage Pail Kids, big hair, Michael Bolton, Hulk Hogan, Glo-Worms… all the cool shit that served to transform your average wide-eyed tyke into the big-balled sexual Tyrannosaurus that can now be found stalking the Action movie section of your nearest Blockbuster. Of course the true hunting ground for callipygian supermen of the 80′s was the local video game arcade. The arcade was a place where scores could be settled without the need to shoot-up your local high school with a semi-automatic weapon. A place where chicks could be pulled with the prowess of your pizza-grease-enhanced joystick skills. A place where a nobody could feel like a god for a hour if they fluked beating the arcade owners son in a game of Street Fighter via a covert fit of button mashing. Those were the days. Days seemingly long gone in an era dominated by mobile gaming and the humble family console. Le sigh. The good thing is that at least we now have Wreck-It Ralph to kick us in the proverbial memory lane.

Wreck-It Ralph centres around the titular video game villain Ralph (John C. Reilly) who after thirty years of being the bad guy in ‘Fix-It Felix’ sets out to fulfill his dream of being the hero, but his quest soon brings havoc to the entire arcade in which he lives.

If you couldn’t tell from our little nostalgia spazz-out in the opening paragraph – WE FRIGGIN’ LOVE VIDEO GAMES! For a hobby that’s seemingly so universal and beloved by hundreds of millions, it’s kind of amazing to believe that an animated feature like Wreck-It Ralph hasn’t come along sooner. Let’s be honest, there’s been at least a two-decade lull in true video game related movies. Forget about the new Tron movie and anything directed by Uwe Boll – we’re talking about instant classics. Yes folks, cast your mind all the way back to movies like WarGames and the seminal cult classic The Wizard, a thinly-veiled Nintendo advertisement starring that midget from The Wonder Years.

So will Wreck-It Ralph go down as a classic in years to come?

There’s a good chance it will. It’s incredibly rare that any movie, let alone an animated movie, can illicit such strong feelings of nostalgia in our cold, black hearts… but somehow Wreck-It Ralph manages to do just that. As the premise of the Wreck-It Ralph universe became apparent in the opening twenty minutes, video game characters who work inside of arcade games and can commute back and forth between games via some sort of electronic subway, we have to admit that it gave us the biggest, cheesiest smile that we can remember in a long time. The concept is slick and totally cool. Throw in a host of a video game character cameos, like Sonic the Hedgehog, Zangief, Pac-Man, and Q*Bert, and we were in 8-bit heaven.

It was safe to say we were in love with Ralph’s quest for redemption.

However a lot of that early brilliance seemed to be lost when we suddenly became bogged down in the central story involving Vanellope (Sarah Silverman) and the Sugar Rush game. Vanellope is a ‘glitch’ that Ralph encounters in the sugar-filled Mario Kart clone, and without spoiling too much of the story, Ralph does his best to help Vanellope compete against the other racers in order to gain a spot on the in-game driver roster. In many ways it’s a story that is parallel to Ralph’s own quest for validation, although, for the most part it seems to chug along and steal far too much focus from the myriad of other cool games and characters Ralph could have been interacting with instead. Given the fact that at least half of the movie takes place in Sugar Rush, it becomes very tiresome, very quickly. It’s a shame really, while on the whole Wreck-It Ralph is a lot of fun, every minute in that world felt like an opportunity lost to explore other video game genres in more detail.

Story complaints aside, the characters of Wreck-It Ralph are a lot of fun. Wreck-It Ralph and Fix-It Felix (Jack McBrayer) are your archetypal 8-bit counterparts – think Donkey Kong and Mario, Calhoun (Jayne Lynch) as the seemingly hard-nosed military bitch, and the raft of cameos from famous video game characters were a welcome addition – half the fun of watching Wreck-It Ralph was keeping your eyes peeled for who would pop-up in the background. The voice acting that went long with those characters is also hard to fault, everything seemed to fit. No complaints there.

Despite the subject matter, Wreck-It Ralph isn’t aimed entirely at the kids either. We actually found ourselves chuckling out loud far more than any of the kids in the audience, something which is pretty rare with an animated movie. Maybe a lot of it had to do with the subtle nods to the gaming culture that we so fondly grew up with, however there were some great jokes in there – one off the top of our heads would be the ‘would you hit someone with glasses’ gag. Well played, indeed.

Obviously from the tone of our review it should go without saying that we found Wreck-It Ralph an enjoyable experience, however we were left with the feeling that the filmmakers missed out on a prime opportunity to really smash the story out of the 8-bit ballpark. We would have loved for Ralph to experience more of other popular real-life arcade games and focus a little less on the saccharine world of Sugar Rush and Miss Vanellope. Sure, the movie was bordering on two hours in length as it was, but imagine a scene with Ralph reluctantly slugging it out with old mate Zangief in a game of Street Fighter? Maybe dodging some barrels from none other than Donkey Kong? One or two additional scenes like that would have would have catapulted Wreck-It Ralph from pretty good territory into pretty great territory. Oh? And where the hell was Mario? It couldn’t have been like Nintendo weren’t behind the project given that Bowser and various other Nintendo paraphernalia was scattered throughout the movie. Sigh, we can only hope that a Wreck-It Ralph 2 is somewhere on the horizon.

Overall, Wreck-It Ralph fills a void that has long been neglected in animated features – video games. The premise is great, the characters are memorable, the tip of the hat to decades of gaming culture is incredibly satisfying – our only real complaint was that it probably didn’t run far enough with the concept. It’s a pity, but like we say, we’d certainly aren’t adverse to a potential sequel. Make it so Hollywood eggheads!

3.5/5

< Message edited by elab49 -- 22/2/2013 9:19:26 AM >

Post #: 23
Wish it was Pixar... - 5/3/2013 3:53:02 PM   
neopol

At first glance this would appear, as some reviews have sighted, the new Toy Story (1995). Maybe it is, but I just didn’t feel it. I’m old enough to remember these 8-bit games and even though Fix It Felix, Hero’s Duty and Sugar Rush are all fictitious, they’re all rooted in the reality of the industry, with their real life counterparts being Donkey Kong, Call Of Duty and Super Mario Cart.

The plot is basically that of any Disney film and this is kind of where it fails a little. This isn’t Pixar and I’m spending most of the time wishing that it was. Tangled (2010) had the same problem, with it being good, in fact better on the second viewing but not as good the masters of digi-mation would have made it. But Wreck-It Ralph would seem to cry out for the Pixar treatment. Its similarity in tone to Toy Story, with computer game characters coming to life when the kids leave, rather than toys, as well as the fact that this is the perfect subject for a Computer Generated movie!

The comedy was decent, with more of the successful jokes revolving around candy, Mentos and cola, rather than the arcade worlds themselves, but still, plenty of references for the game heads, which my wife is but I’m not, really. It was fun and the final reel was exiting, with the running time pushing two hours, it wasn’t overly long but still felt wanting.

I think that it would have been better if there was more that just one line cameos from the established arcade characters, but I’ll say it again, that for me, this wanted to be a Pixar classic but just couldn’t match the standards.

Post #: 24
WRECKED... - 1/8/2013 5:48:36 PM   
ROTGUT

(NOTE TO THE DIRECTOR; BLATANT PRODUCT PLACEMENT IS NO SUBSITUTE FOR DECENT COMEDY…….. – Oreos???? Are you serious?????? ). Always had the feeling that the producers were desperately trying to create another Toy Story franchise as I watched this and ultimately I came away with a case of bland indifference. It’s all beautifully animated of course and there are some clever in jokes – (Fix it Felix was my favourite character). But when the standard Disney mush starts to kick in about half way through – I started reaching for the sick bucket until the frenetic but utterly predictable climax. Kiddies of a certain age will probably love this film but everyone else will just smile, shrug their collective shoulders and move on. THREE STARS

Post #: 25
WRECKED... - 1/8/2013 5:48:37 PM   
ROTGUT

(NOTE TO THE DIRECTOR; BLATANT PRODUCT PLACEMENT IS NO SUBSITUTE FOR DECENT COMEDY…….. – Oreos???? Are you serious?????? ). Always had the feeling that the producers were desperately trying to create another Toy Story franchise as I watched this and ultimately I came away with a case of bland indifference. It’s all beautifully animated of course and there are some clever in jokes – (Fix it Felix was my favourite character). But when the standard Disney mush starts to kick in about half way through – I started reaching for the sick bucket until the frenetic but utterly predictable climax. Kiddies of a certain age will probably love this film but everyone else will just smile, shrug their collective shoulders and move on. THREE STARS

Post #: 26
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Wreck-It Ralph Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI