Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: House of Cards

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: House of Cards Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: House of Cards - 29/4/2014 12:47:49 PM   
primebhoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

I fucking love Frank Underwood. You shouldn't, he's a cunt. It can't be helped, you have to root for him.

Thought Season 2 was arguably even better than the first. Such a fantastic show, can't wait for Season 3.

Poor Doug!

Finished this the other night too... Francis Underwood is fast becoming my favourite tv character of all time. Everything about the show is just amazing, the cast, the score, the story, its just so clean and compelling.

Doug had it coming, he was fast becoming Franks weak link and that had to end.

Season 3 can't come soon enough!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 31
RE: House of Cards - 29/4/2014 12:48:28 PM   
Whistler

I can't decide if I liked Doug or not.

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 32
RE: House of Cards - 29/4/2014 1:06:07 PM   
shool

I found it hard not to like Doug's unquestioning and complete loyalty to Francis.

Is this coming back for a season 3 ?

Awesome! I thought it had reached its conclusion. I guess we need to see the fall of Francis too though.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 33
RE: House of Cards - 29/4/2014 1:18:24 PM   
Erlenmeyer Flask

It's an enjoyable show, but a rather superficial one. It's very much built on surface and pushes plot momentum over and above character development, themes, narrative and anything else. Frank is almost always 2-3 steps ahead with few if any real obstacles that challenge him. It gets a little repetitive in this regard.

You're in the basement because they're afraid of you, of your relentlessness and because they know that they could drop you in the middle of the desert, and tell you the truth is out there, and you'd ask them for a shovel!

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 34
RE: House of Cards - 29/4/2014 1:24:45 PM   
Your Funny Uncle

Yes it got renewed before Season 2 even got released.

I liked Doug, everyone needs a right hand man, especially someone like President Underwood! He was loyal and running things behind the scenes, not quite sure how Frank is going to cope without him. I don't trust the other dude (can't remember his name) and I don't think there'll be anyone else willing to fall on thier sword for Frank (not even his own wife) like Doug would. I wouldn't say he was a weak link, but his love for Rachel was certainly blinding to a fault. His one mistake, and it appears a very costly one. Not just for him I would imagine as the ramifications from Season One will no doubt come back to bite Frank on the ass in Season Three. The hacker dude has the FBI by the short and curlies, phone records will be a big weapon.

There is so much being kept quiet, even just one of those things will be big enough to blow him apart (2 x Murders, threesome with SS Guy, setting up the reporter dude)

I loved the way Mr and Mrs Underwood totally dismantled the President and the first lady, along with Raymond. It was rocky at times but they played it perfectly. The most powerful man in the world, leader of the 'free world' and not a single vote cast in his name. Bravo!

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 35
RE: House of Cards - 29/4/2014 4:18:35 PM   
primebhoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Your Funny Uncle

Yes it got renewed before Season 2 even got released.

I liked Doug, everyone needs a right hand man, especially someone like President Underwood! He was loyal and running things behind the scenes, not quite sure how Frank is going to cope without him. I don't trust the other dude (can't remember his name) and I don't think there'll be anyone else willing to fall on their sword for Frank (not even his own wife) like Doug would. I wouldn't say he was a weak link, but his love for Rachel was certainly blinding to a fault. His one mistake, and it appears a very costly one. Not just for him I would imagine as the ramifications from Season One will no doubt come back to bite Frank on the ass in Season Three. The hacker dude has the FBI by the short and curlies, phone records will be a big weapon.

There is so much being kept quiet, even just one of those things will be big enough to blow him apart (2 x Murders, threesome with SS Guy, setting up the reporter dude)

I loved the way Mr and Mrs Underwood totally dismantled the President and the first lady, along with Raymond. It was rocky at times but they played it perfectly. The most powerful man in the world, leader of the 'free world' and not a single vote cast in his name. Bravo!

I've been trying to think who would step into Doug's shoes, but like you say, no one is as loyal, tho Seth seems to be playing by the rules so far. Disclosure about the Dr's notebook, and then playing Remy at his own game proved me wrong (one of the best reveals for me in S2 as I thought he was working for Tusk), but I don't think he's connected/informed enough to take on a COS role. Jacqui has proved a strong whip, so she'll remain in the house, but of the remaining existing characters there isn't an automatic pick.

A few of the characters seem to have gone to Mandyland, though they may just be off screen to come back for some story threads in S3, I'm thinking Christina, Lucas, Janine, who all pretty much tie into the same story.

My one flaw, the title sequence is sooooooo long... Nit picking when thats the only thing I think is wrong!

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

(in reply to Your Funny Uncle)
Post #: 36
RE: House of Cards - 2/5/2014 9:26:41 AM   
Your Funny Uncle

The power of Frank Underwood holds no bounds....

He's even in games now!

http://youtu.be/bEyG5jislUY

Empires Top 100 Movie Characters of All Time! - VOTE NOW by clicking HERE

(in reply to primebhoy)
Post #: 37
RE: House of Cards - 12/5/2014 2:49:13 PM   
JJTyler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erlenmeyer Flask

It's an enjoyable show, but a rather superficial one. It's very much built on surface and pushes plot momentum over and above character development, themes, narrative and anything else. Frank is almost always 2-3 steps ahead with few if any real obstacles that challenge him. It gets a little repetitive in this regard.

I have to agree here, I enjoy the show but started late so planned to watch a few episodes at a time but find it difficult because it can get repetitive. I'd like to see more development of the characters

(in reply to Erlenmeyer Flask)
Post #: 38
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: House of Cards Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI