Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Internet worries (AKA "CURSE YOU WORLD WIDE WEB!!!!)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Internet worries (AKA "CURSE YOU WORLD WIDE WEB!!!!) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Internet worries (AKA "CURSE YOU WORLD WIDE WE... - 30/1/2013 1:17:57 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulyboy
I love the paranoia in here!

It's cos I'm not particularly net savvy, I think. Basically I generally visit the same 20 websites that I've been visiting since we first got the internet in the late 90s. And not one of those 20 will ever have even a hint of anything dodgy on them.

...apart from this place, which is full of horrible cunts of course.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf
It's a subforum on 4chan (it's the 'off topic'/'random' board, which roughly translates to 'teenagers trying to impress each other'). It's a shithole certainly, but it's only one subforum on a pretty large website where the quality fluctuates massively from board to board. Obviously the overall tone isn't for everyone - I'd imagine you would have got a very different response if you'd posted this thread there, for instance - but people who depict 4chan as some kind of paedophile hangout while talking about how much they love the hilarious and addictive Reddit are just ignoring the fact that giant websites will always attract horrible people by the fact of sheer numbers.

Again, I don't even know why I'm defending the website particularly - I don't really use it as much as I used to, and even then it was only really the sports board and the music board.

Ah, right. I must admit my knowledge of 4chan comes only from what I've heard and read about it, which is pretty much what you've said above. I've never had a pressing desire to visit it, so really its contents are a total mystery to me.

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to Olaf)
Post #: 31
RE: Internet worries (AKA "CURSE YOU WORLD WIDE WE... - 30/1/2013 1:59:23 PM   
Hood_Man

I can't say I read much of 4chan anyway, but most of the funny stuff ends up spreading everywhere else eventually.

(in reply to great_badir)
Post #: 32
RE: Internet worries (AKA "CURSE YOU WORLD WIDE WE... - 30/1/2013 2:04:10 PM   
homersimpson_esq

Badir, ya daft paedo.

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 33
RE: Internet worries (AKA "CURSE YOU WORLD WIDE WE... - 30/1/2013 7:16:28 PM   
great_badir

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq
Badir, ya daft paedo.

I do likes 'em young.

...I mean - huh? What???

FAVE FILMS
BO BOMBS

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 34
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Off Topic >> RE: Internet worries (AKA "CURSE YOU WORLD WIDE WEB!!!!) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI