Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Paquin On For X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Paquin On For X-Men: Days Of Future Past Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paquin On For X-Men: Days Of Future Past - 27/1/2013 5:33:14 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
The gang's all here - 27/1/2013 5:33:14 AM   
Low_key

I'm gonna hope this is not a case of bringing everyone back just for the sake of it, although Ashmore's Iceman never impressed me. Let's hope Kitty is a main focus of this just like the comics as I love Ellen Page. Overall though I'm really excited about this!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 27/1/2013 7:31:38 AM   
NeoBrowser

Glad to see Iceman back. Loved his character. Never liked Ellen Page as Kitty, Katie Stuart was much better in X-men 1 & 2. So yeah whatever.
Really looking forward to this.

Post #: 3
Kitchen Sink?? - 27/1/2013 8:46:45 AM   
kittybinks

Too many characters again. How are the audience supposed to get involved with any of them when their average screen time appears to be less than 5 minutes?

Post #: 4
I may be the only person who feels this way... - 27/1/2013 10:38:10 AM   
lureynol

But can we have Cyclops back? I know he's not the most popular character, but he's pretty central to the X-Men universe.

Post #: 5
RE: I may be the only person who feels this way... - 27/1/2013 11:05:37 AM   
Darth Marenghi

I had no idea Ellen Page was so tiny - she looks like Paquin and Ashmore's kid in that photo!

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to lureynol)
Post #: 6
RE: Kitchen Sink?? - 27/1/2013 5:05:16 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: kittybinks

Too many characters again. How are the audience supposed to get involved with any of them when their average screen time appears to be less than 5 minutes?

Because not every character has to be a lead character?

(in reply to kittybinks)
Post #: 7
RE: Kitchen Sink?? - 27/1/2013 5:27:13 PM   
Fit Kisto

They should really recast Kitty Pryde again, to keep in tradition

< Message edited by Fit Kisto -- 27/1/2013 5:28:18 PM >

There is no Swamp Ape. It was invented for people who can't find the actual world fascinating. Y'know?

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 8
This won`t be good - 27/1/2013 6:05:38 PM   
AdamL10

Fox have shown to be pretty much useless when it comes to their Marvel properties, X-Men 1 and 2 are the only ones that are any good. First Class was a terrible film which succeeded only in totally destroying continuity.
Yet they are still insisting on it being a prequel, going to be awful. (I`m hoping that the rights to the Fantastic Four revert back to Marvel before they can get a film into production in time, then they can`t screw that up some more as well)

Post #: 9
RE: This won`t be good - 27/1/2013 6:47:32 PM   
AxlReznor

First Class was an awesome film. Not sure how it "destroyed" continuity. It fits perfectly well with the first two movies... I'm pretty sure they're intentionally pretending The Last Stand and Wolverine never happened (kind of like how Singer pretended Superman III and IV never happened when he made Returns).

(in reply to AdamL10)
Post #: 10
RE: This won`t be good - 27/1/2013 9:53:09 PM   
UTB

Urgh. Paquin was my least favourite character from the first films.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 11
X-Med: Days of Accents Past - 27/1/2013 11:54:55 PM   
sirvolkar

I can't wait for this film! Really looking forward to it explaining Magneto's sudden, ridiculous and reality shattering change of accent in the last 10 minutes of First Class? Can anyone explain why he goes all Irish after killing Sebastian Shaw? Is it cos he and Chuck are having their first barny and the ramifications of such a momentous event forces reality to judder? Or was it simply Magneto's second stage mutation? And just as important, how come he's English again by the time X-Men and X2 (bleh! stupid title!) take place? Or is it just me?

Post #: 12
RE: This won`t be good - 28/1/2013 1:21:23 AM   
AdamL10

It doesn`t actually fit with the first two:

Xavier states in the first X-men that he and Erik met when they were 17 , they clearly weren`t 17 in first class.

In X2 Erik claims to have helped Xavier build Cerebro, yet in First Class Hank built Cerebro

In X-men 1 Xavier is suprised when he can`t read Erik`s thoughts because he isn`t aware of the helmet, in First Class he clearly experiences the effects of the helmet and sees it, so why would he just forget?

In X-men 1 Hank Mccoy and Sebastion Shaw both appear momentarily on a tv screen in the background, Hank still looks human and Shaw is alive, yet Hank mutates completely in First Class and Shaw dies.

There are multiple references to Jean and Cyclops being Xavier`s first students in the first two X-men, yet in First Class it`s not, it`s the generic boring group they have in that.

And they are obviously counting The Last Stand as continuity, as they have stated that The Wolverine (which is going to be part of the continuity takes place after the third X-men and Ellen Page is supposedly returning as Kitty, her first and only appearence was in The last stand, so to remove last stand they couldn`t use her.
So including Last Stand that creates even more continuity errors.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 13
RE: This won`t be good - 28/1/2013 8:44:22 AM   
Ulmaceae

Drokk to minor fanservice throwaway references. If a film has characters I'm sympathetic to, a decent plot and sfx that's not too intrusive, then it can stand on it's own.

Andy, Bristol
Thankyou for not mentioning Dutch Elm disease

(in reply to AdamL10)
Post #: 14
YES! - 28/1/2013 11:30:54 AM   
djshaiguy

This sounds so f-ing epic. Can't wait!

Post #: 15
RE: YES! - 30/1/2013 1:07:09 PM   
buffster28

sounds good - happy that they are bringing so many characters back but also worry that the cast might be too big - i'm guessing some might be small parts only.

anyway another i'm really looking forward too.

" driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cakehole "

(in reply to djshaiguy)
Post #: 16
RE: This won`t be good - 30/1/2013 9:48:32 PM   
doubtlesswonder

quote:

ORIGINAL: AdamL10

It doesn`t actually fit with the first two:

Xavier states in the first X-men that he and Erik met when they were 17 , they clearly weren`t 17 in first class.

In X2 Erik claims to have helped Xavier build Cerebro, yet in First Class Hank built Cerebro

In X-men 1 Xavier is suprised when he can`t read Erik`s thoughts because he isn`t aware of the helmet, in First Class he clearly experiences the effects of the helmet and sees it, so why would he just forget?

In X-men 1 Hank Mccoy and Sebastion Shaw both appear momentarily on a tv screen in the background, Hank still looks human and Shaw is alive, yet Hank mutates completely in First Class and Shaw dies.

There are multiple references to Jean and Cyclops being Xavier`s first students in the first two X-men, yet in First Class it`s not, it`s the generic boring group they have in that.

And they are obviously counting The Last Stand as continuity, as they have stated that The Wolverine (which is going to be part of the continuity takes place after the third X-men and Ellen Page is supposedly returning as Kitty, her first and only appearence was in The last stand, so to remove last stand they couldn`t use her.
So including Last Stand that creates even more continuity errors.

Not to mention that Xavier was paralysed at the end of First Class while still pretty young, but in the flashback in Last Stand where he and Magneto went to see a young Jean, he was much older and still walking.

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"Will someone please get this motherfuckin' horcrux outta this motherfuckin' snake."

quote:

homersimpson_esq
"See Mr Grey.
See Mr Grey abuse women.
Run women, run."

(in reply to AdamL10)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Paquin On For X-Men: Days Of Future Past Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI