Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 27/1/2013 6:00:06 PM   
Darth Marenghi

I only own the Cameron-directed Terminators. Don't think I'll ever buy the others.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Fit Kisto)
Post #: 31
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 27/1/2013 6:07:19 PM   
Whistler

Rise of the Machines has its moments. The truck chase is amazing and I think rivals T2's.

(in reply to Darth Marenghi)
Post #: 32
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 27/1/2013 6:21:24 PM   
Hood_Man

I wouldn't know where to start. The only complete film series' that I own are ones that I bought as boxsets. I'm a completist with some things, but not with films.

I own the first two Matrix movies because I enjoy them, but the third one pissed me off too much, and it's the same with the Pirates trilogy. As it happens my mum bought the third one herself, but so far no one in my family has succumbed to #4

Basically, my answer is loads.

(in reply to Fit Kisto)
Post #: 33
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 28/1/2013 9:47:41 AM   
Bloke from Oz

quote:

ORIGINAL: vader100

My OCD prevents this for me. If I like one film in the series and buy it I have to get the others no matter how shit.

Really??? How come you have this attitude? If you think a film is shit - why the hell buy it??

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/1342/jamesbondsia6.jpg

(in reply to vader100)
Post #: 34
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 28/1/2013 10:15:35 AM   
Dannybohy

Have any of you bought the other parts to a franchise you deliberately only have parts of! just because you see it cheap in store and thought ' well at least I will a have the set' !!

I know I have!! this weekend I realised I have Alien 4 and Transformers 2 still shrink wrapped! oops!!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Fit Kisto)
Post #: 35
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 28/1/2013 3:01:27 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Have any of you bought the other parts to a franchise you deliberately only have parts of! just because you see it cheap in store and thought ' well at least I will a have the set' !!

I know I have!! this weekend I realised I have Alien 4 and Transformers 2 still shrink wrapped! oops!!

Theres no excuse for having Transformers 2.In fact there is no excuse for having ANY of Michael Bays Transformers films.Awful, awful movies.

Alien 4 is good though.Way better than the mess that was Alien 3.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 36
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 28/1/2013 3:20:37 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cool Breeze

quote:

Theres no excuse for having Transformers 2.In fact there is no excuse for having ANY of Michael Bays Transformers films.Awful, awful movies.

The first Transformers was a great adaption given the source!. You know you don't have to dislike Michael Bay just because a lot of other people do . I sometimes get the feeling you say things just to appear cool and hip rather than what you really feel. come on! you love Armageddon surely?

I think Alien 3 was almost as good as Alien. I will unwrap Alien 4 and give it a go! pretty sure it sucked

(in reply to Cool Breeze)
Post #: 37
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 28/1/2013 3:28:46 PM   
Cool Breeze

quote:

quote:

quote:

The first Transformers was a great adaption given the source!. You know you don't have to dislike Michael Bay just because a lot of other people do . I sometimes get the feeling you say things just to appear cool and hip rather than what you really feel. come on! you love Armageddon surely?

I think Alien 3 was almost as good as Alien. I will unwrap Alien 4 and give it a go! pretty sure it sucked

Every director has one decent film in him.The Rock is one of the best action movies ever made and i love it.

Besides that, Michael Bay has done nothing but SHITE.

'' Iv played Oskar Schindler, Michael Collins, Rob Roy Mcgregor, even ZEUS for gods sake! No one is going to believe me to be a green grocer! ''

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 38
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 28/1/2013 3:30:56 PM   
SwozTheRevenge

quote:

quote:

quote:

The first Transformers was a great adaption given the source!

Is it balls

@ChairmanBLAOW

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 39
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 28/1/2013 3:45:41 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: SwozTheRevenge

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is it balls

Nah the balls was in part 2!!. Transformers the movie was as good as anyone could have made it and you know it!. Either that or you just don't like giant robots! so your out of luck this summer!

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 40
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 28/1/2013 3:47:37 PM   
Whistler

I don't mind the first Transformers, but 2 & 3 can take a hike. As can Alien 3 & 4.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 41
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 28/1/2013 4:00:07 PM   
Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is it balls

Have you watched the cartoon? Transformers was never really this great saga. In that sense, it was a pretty accurate adaptation.

It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known.

(in reply to SwozTheRevenge)
Post #: 42
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 29/1/2013 7:45:30 AM   
paulyboy

Just looking over my collection there's very few franchises I don't own all the films for, not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

It's mainly due to the upgrade to Blu-Ray in most cases though, the boxsets are simply cheaper than purchasing the films I like out of a set seperately.

I've never gone out of my way to buy an individual film I didn't like to 'complete a set' though, not to my knowledge anyway.

Looking through I only own Ocean's Eleven I guess, I haven't bought the 4th Pirate's film either, not much more besides that.

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever!"

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 43
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 29/1/2013 10:05:36 AM   
NCC1701A

I only own

Ice Age 1 & 2.
Pirates 1
Underworld Evolution
Friday the 13th Part III
Mad Max 2 and Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
Forgot about Hellraiser 1 - 5 have seen them all but did not like most of the rest however did like the 6th and 8th one,

But most of the franchises that I own I have them all

Star Trek, Star wars, Jurassic Park, Alien, Indy, James Bond and others.

< Message edited by NCC1701A -- 30/1/2013 9:04:08 AM >

Trench: I'll be back.

Church: You've been back enough. I'll be back.

[leaves]

Trench: Yippee-ki-yay.

The Expendables 2 (2012)

(in reply to paulyboy)
Post #: 44
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 29/1/2013 6:56:18 PM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rgirvan44

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Is it balls

Have you watched the cartoon? Transformers was never really this great saga. In that sense, it was a pretty accurate adaptation.

I just found it incredible that Michael Bay, backed with hundreds of millions of dollars, managed to produce 2 and a half terrible, stupid, boring films about giant robots fighting each other.

I say 2 and a half because the first half of Transformers was a lot of fun.

(in reply to Rgirvan44)
Post #: 45
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 30/1/2013 11:29:16 PM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hood_Man

I just found it incredible that Michael Bay, backed with hundreds of millions of dollars, managed to produce 2 and a half terrible, stupid, boring films about giant robots fighting each other.

It would have been incredible if he hadn't, surely?

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 46
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 31/1/2013 2:15:13 AM   
Sutty

The Matrix. Saw the 2nd and 3rd in the cinema and HATED them. So dull.
The first is a science fiction masterpiece and I think stands on its own without the need for its inferior sequels.

Shark Attack 3: Megalodon. I don't have the first two movies because they are pretty lame. Whereas this little beauty is so incredibly bad it is a genuine masterpiece. A truly fantastically entertaining movie that NO-ONE should be without. And it only cost me a quid!

I own probably dozens of franchise movie box sets/movies. I do find it hard NOT to complete a series. Just looks better on the shelf!

"Lord, make me your instrument of peace. Where there is hatred, let me bring love.
Where there is darkness, light."

"When you're pushed, killin's as easy as breathin'"

Post #: 47
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 3/2/2013 11:14:07 AM   
Dr Lenera

I only have;

first two Terminator films [I just love the end of the special extended cut withy Linda Hamilton as old lady which finalises the story really well for me]
first four Batmans [you know how I don't like the Nolan ones]
first three Spidermans [doubt I'll buy the 'reboot' until it's really cheap]
first three Hellraisers
all Texas Chainsaw except The Next Generation

will probably think of others.....

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to Sutty)
Post #: 48
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 3/2/2013 11:22:44 AM   
Hood_Man

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

The Rock, Armageddon (well, some of it...) and Bad Boys (and the first half of Transformers) are all enjoyable. I wouldn't say I'm a fan but the guy gets unfairly maligned sometimes.

Post #: 49
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 3/2/2013 11:28:49 AM   
sanchia

quote:

quote:

quote:

The Rock, Armageddon (well, some of it...) and Bad Boys (and the first half of Transformers) are all enjoyable. I wouldn't say I'm a fan but the guy gets unfairly maligned sometimes.

I think he has allowed himself to buy into the image and is of the opinion he has to be bigger with every film, which results in overblown and bloated messes.

Nothing to see here.

(in reply to Hood_Man)
Post #: 50
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 3/2/2013 12:35:51 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: sanchia

quote:

quote:

quote:

I think he has allowed himself to buy into the image and is of the opinion he has to be bigger with every film, which results in overblown and bloated messes.

This opinion is instantly false as Pain and Gain looks like his smallest scale movie yet

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to sanchia)
Post #: 51
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 3/2/2013 12:40:15 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

This opinion is instantly false as Pain and Gain looks like his smallest scale movie yet

That's true, and I'm actually quite looking forward to it. But then he's doing Tranformers 4.

(in reply to DONOVAN KURTWOOD)
Post #: 52
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 3/2/2013 12:48:14 PM   
DONOVAN KURTWOOD

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

That's true, and I'm actually quite looking forward to it. But then he's doing Tranformers 4.

I believe TF4 will have a much smaller budget to the previous TF movies. Although i wouldnt be surprised if this changes as the movie develops

Pack your bags, we're going on a guilt trip!

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 53
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 3/2/2013 2:44:23 PM   
benmharper

Fast and furious films. I own 1+2 on DVD and 5 on blu. Never bothered with the others.

#3 member of The Wire fan club. PM Dantes Inferno to join.

Post #: 54
RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! - 4/2/2013 11:14:22 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I believe TF4 will have a much smaller budget to the previous TF movies. Although i wouldnt be surprised if this changes as the movie develops

I wonder if we will get a reboot within the next five years?. Personally I loved the first movie, but that was down to Sam and family and a good spoon of nostalgia. They could also do a prequel but that's a subject for another thread.

Post #: 55
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> RE: Movie franchises you didn't buy into 100%, literally! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI