Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Murder, My Sweet Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Murder, My Sweet - 24/1/2013 5:54:37 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Has All the Ingredients, Lacks Somewhat In The Execution - 24/1/2013 5:54:37 PM   
blaud

On paper, Murder, My Sweet sounds like a fantastic idea. It has all the core ingredients of a classic crime drama, including memorable characters, witty scripting, and a cuttingly camp portrayal of the underbelly of society. Where it all falls apart, however, is in the execution. The story feels disconnected and pandering, and even though there are some nice cinematic touches (the dream sequence, the monologue-style narration), there really aren't enough core elements so that they gel together in a cohesive manner. The ending works well, despite the fact it's a little Hollywood-lite, but it's pleasant to have a crime film with an ending that doesn't limp over the finish line like a three-legged dog, but, unfortunately, it doesn't matter, as it's only the cherry on top of a very average cake.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews >> Murder, My Sweet Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI