Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Recommendations please

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> Recommendations please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Recommendations please - 23/1/2013 3:43:08 PM   
Brundlesflies

Greetings all. I'm looking for some recommendations for comics/graphic novels to pick up.

I've read a few over the years - was a major Marvel reader in my youth, Spider-man being a major fave - and picked up a few of the 'classics' in my latter years.
To give you a bit of a clue, the ones I've picked up to date are:

Watchmen
From Hell
Maus
Dark Knight Returns -
Dark Knight Strikes Back - + - hated this, tried to finish it three times now but just can't get thru
Batman: Year One
The Killing Joke
Arkham Asylum
Batman The Long Halloween - just started
V For Vendetta -
Wolverine - Claremont & Miller
The Walking Dead - Days Gone Bye Was OK but didn't grab me as I was expecting. Don't plan on picking any more up as I'm enjoying the TV Series

Daredevil - Miller/Janson Vol 2 - not read them all yet, but loved these as a teen
Hellboy - Seed of Destruction - not read yet

On order:
Captain Britain vol 3, 4 & 5 - read these back in the days of Hulk weekly/Daredevils magazines and have wanted to re-read for ages

I'm really looking at either graphic novels or comic collections - not individual issues so much. Now I realise there's a lot of superhero ones up there, but I'm interested in any genre really.

Open to suggestions

< Message edited by Brundlesflies -- 23/1/2013 3:44:47 PM >

"The Daily Mail isn't technically a newspaper, more a serialised Necronomicon." C. Brooker
My DVD's
Post #: 1
RE: Recommendations please - 23/1/2013 4:04:05 PM   
sharkboy

You can get lots of great recommendations in this thread: http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=2254926&mpage=1&key=graphic%2Cnovel

I'm gonna lock this thread now, but feel free to keep the debate going in the one above.  And to pay special attention to my own recommendations

WWLD?

Every time we think we have measured our capacity to meet a challenge, we look up and we're reminded that that capacity may well be limitless

I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit.

(in reply to Brundlesflies)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Bookworms >> The Comic Shack >> Recommendations please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI