Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

HBO Launches Masters Of The Air

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> HBO Launches Masters Of The Air Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
HBO Launches Masters Of The Air - 20/1/2013 6:58:21 PM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 20/1/2013 6:58:21 PM   
davidrobbo

I wonder if we can convince Messrs Spielberg and Hanks to acknowledge in this series that the US in fact didn't win the entire Second World War all by themselves?! That gripe aside, I'll be awaiting this one with much anticipation

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
- 20/1/2013 7:06:37 PM   
Sentinel11

change the record. I'm almost entirely certain that both Spielberg and Hanks know that the US didn't win the entire Second World War all by themselves, but as americans I am understanding of their decision to depict their home nation's involvement over all others.
I think the issue is less 'why do american studios/directors/producers never focus only on American involvement in world war two?' and more 'why aren't BRITISH studios/directors/producers interested in presenting the British struggle on a scale like this?' I'm aware the BBC did something on Dunkirk a few years back but the quality was laughable.

Post #: 3
RE: - 20/1/2013 8:38:01 PM   
darkarius

You've just answered your own question my friend. 'The quality was laughable'. British productions don't have the budget to pull off stuff like Spielberg/Hanks.

Nostalgia isnt what it used to be.

(in reply to Sentinel11)
Post #: 4
RE: - 21/1/2013 1:08:38 AM   
davidrobbo

isn't 'change the record' a strange response to someone who has never uttered a word of complaint about the issue before?!

(in reply to Sentinel11)
Post #: 5
RE: RE: - 21/1/2013 1:48:34 AM   
Sentinel11

poor choice of words. But it's an incredibly tired argument that I've seen crop up time and time again.

(in reply to davidrobbo)
Post #: 6
Wicked news! - 21/1/2013 9:48:30 AM   
ultimate definitions

I just finished watching the Pacific (3rd time) and I'm pleased to hear another series is moving forward. Would have preferred that it focus on the Vietnam War but hey i'm not gonna complain too much.

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> HBO Launches Masters Of The Air Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI