Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Exclusive: Order of the Phoenix News

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Order of the Phoenix News Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusive: Order of the Phoenix News - 14/3/2006 8:59:49 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Agree with daniel - 14/3/2006 8:59:49 AM   
oneslayerlover

I think "Phoenix" is a great book, full of action and emotion, and clearly a huge step above "Half Blood Prince" (apart from it's still shocking ending of course).

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
deja vu... - 14/3/2006 10:07:50 AM   
wolvieware

Don't they say the same things every time a new director comes aboard this franchise...?
If Daniel Radcliffe gets pushed harder and harder, "emotionally and psychologically" even more every time there's a new director for each film, then surely he'd be the best actor in the world. Which judging by the last film, he clearly isn't.
The only decent actor out of the three leads is Emma Watson. But if this director canget Rupert Grint to stop mugging at the camera every time, then this urely will be the best Potter film by far!

Post #: 3
Gary Oldman? - 14/3/2006 11:01:11 AM   
davidjthomson

I heard a rumour that Gary Oldman had NOT been asked to appear in this film. Is that correct, because Sirius Black is quite important in this story!

Post #: 4
Harry Potter and the ever increasing ten tons of Magica... - 14/3/2006 11:35:30 AM   
mpcdaly

I didnt like the 5th book. I got irritated by Rowlings USE OF CAPITAL LETTERS WHEN HARRY AND FRIENDS WERE SHOUTING. NOT ALL TEENAGERS ARE ANGRY. AND NOT ALL OF THEM SHOUT. The beginning was great though. Dolores Umbridge is Rowlings greatest. Imelda Staunton is great actor but like the rest of this humdrum series she will be converbelted all the other actors. It may have made nearly a trillion dollars at the box office so far but it is clear that they are ignoring the Jackson/Walshe rule of screenwriting that states that you must remember that the Fans are not the only ones who will see this film. Why do the filmmakers keep tinkering with her work. I seems to me that they very little faith in Rowlings books.

Post #: 5
no, the Oldman thing was just a scare-he WILL be back dude - 14/3/2006 11:37:25 AM   
Rock Lobster!

i'm not a Potter fan so perhaps i shouldn't comment but i GUARATEE that in the lead up to this the words "Darker" and "serious" and "deep" will be thrown around as the makers try to make people think that it has some nuance of depth. they're childrens books for Chrissake and seem eerily similar to that thing The Worst Witch on itv from the Potter that i've read. but i wish them the best of luck with their cash cow

Post #: 6
no, the Oldman thing was just a scare-he WILL be back dude - 14/3/2006 11:37:26 AM   
Rock Lobster!

i'm not a Potter fan so perhaps i shouldn't comment but i GUARATEE that in the lead up to this the words "Darker" and "serious" and "deep" will be thrown around as the makers try to make people think that it has some nuance of depth. they're childrens books for Chrissake and seem eerily similar to that thing The Worst Witch on itv from the Potter that i've read. but i wish them the best of luck with their cash cow

Post #: 7
Yawn - 14/3/2006 11:58:00 AM   
jcthefirst

First film was okay. Second one, rubbish. Third, boring. Fourth, pointless (let's spend the whole film having a competition and then throw in a plot at the end)

Post #: 8
RE: Yawn - 14/3/2006 3:01:27 PM   
jobloffski

The plot being that the baddie has manipulated events from the very start, hence him being referenced at the start of the film even before potter himself, meaning that a second viewing lets the viewer in on things they were being deceived about first time, is that the plot you mean? (oooh, get him!)

Yes, dreamers dream and doers do. But if dreamers DON'T dream, doers don't have anything TO do. Everything that is only here because people exist, only exists because someone thought of it., or in other words, dreamed it.

(in reply to jcthefirst)
Post #: 9
I can't wait - 14/3/2006 7:00:21 PM   
Memoirs of Maria

I am a big Potter fan and I can't wait for the new film! November 2007 seems such a long wait!!!!!

Post #: 10
Harry in book 5 and Gary Oldman - 14/3/2006 7:54:19 PM   
HermioneHair

Ok. Book 5 isn't my favourite book but it is vital for the series. Harry is really annoying during book 5 but you have to understand that Rona nd Hermione are his family. He has no one else to shout at when he's angry. Oh, and Gary Oldman hasn't been signed up for the next film yet but he IS in negotionations at the moment. He only has afew scenes to shoot and their shootind his scenes at the end of the movie. I LOVE HARRY POTTER and I really hope the next film will live up to my expectations...........unlike the book!!!! XXXXXXXXXX

Post #: 11
- 14/3/2006 10:02:16 PM   
billythehick

07? isn't that, like a year later than usual?

Post #: 12
100% agree - 15/3/2006 2:00:59 AM   
graciesable

I believe also the the third and fifth books are my favourite-- I was actually surprised to find out that this is not a widespread opinion. However I do have something to say to these other people who are complaining. As to whoever said the movies weren't wonderful-- They are as wonderful as they are going to get at the moment. Im sure that every extent is put to the test during these movies. I mean, this is one of the most celebrated books in history...Now as to the person who was complaining about the CAPS. I would actually like to see you put that much emotion into ink and put it on paper without making it CAPS. Just because it is CAPS DOESNT mean that he was yelling. It was showing how much emotion he had and NO not all teenagers yell all the time and not even all teenagers have that much emotion... BUT GUESS WHAT FOLKS! ITs her world. Not ours. Hers. We are just the fans of her ingeniousness. So if she wants Harry to yell all the time and show it by CAPS ... she can and if she wants to show his emtion by CAPS... she can. Nothing we complain about is going to change it. SO we just need to put aside our grumbles and accept what shes given us and like it because we are not changeing anything. Personally if someone doesnt like the movies... Too bad... JK was pleased with them and if shes pleased with them everyone else should be too... ITS HER WORLD... Ok anyways now thats off my chest--- I believe everything about the books and the movies is wonderful-completely brilliant. Keep up the Good Work Jo and Dan, Rupert, and Emma, and everyone else that has anything to do with all the hard work put into these books and movies!

Post #: 13
Just some thoughts for the sake of argument... - 15/3/2006 4:41:42 PM   
ladyamanda123

mpcdaly - Just because Harry, Ron and/or Hermione get angry in book 5 it doesn't mean JKR is saying all teenagers are angry. Having been through everything Harry has can you blame the kid? I know plenty of teenagers that get angry over a lot more trivial things than having just discovered your mentor is a fraud who's been plotting to kill you, watching a classmate murdered, and your worst nightmare be reborn from a cauldron using your blood...think you might be a bit angry and emotional?

red lobster - entitled to your opinion of course, but if you haven't really read the books then you can't make a really good judgement on their depth. It's easy to say...oh that's just a "children's book" and yes, the books are for younger readers but that does not make them lacking in depth. Some of the most celebrated books in history are "children's books" and they are all full of depth. The Lord of the Rings, The Chronicles of Narnia, pretty much every book I ever read in High School English. Being a "children's book" doesn't mean it's a work without purpose or a work without depth. If you really read Harry Potter you'll find an incredible world of morals, values, and life lessons. You'll also find out what an incredibly gifted writer JKR is. She weaves incredible webs of hints, clues, misleads, and mysteries. The books are amazing and have inspired millions of children to enjoy reading as well as getting them to really start THINKING about the things they've read. There are millions of people in the online Harry fan community, many of them children, and they're all there to discuss, debate, theorize and express their opinions and ideas. The books are anything but shallow works of fluff and those who read it know it.

Post #: 14
Harry Potter Favorites - 15/3/2006 4:50:33 PM   
ladyamanda123

I'm surprised to hear Dan say that most people don't like Book 5. I actually know a lot of people who love it. Myself, I love 3 the best with 6 coming in a very VERY close second. However, I've definitely read 5 the most times of all the books. It is the turning point. So much happens and the things you find out are so important for the rest of the series (I'm sure a lot more so than we even know yet as the end is still a mystery). It's a large book and so I think people feel like it's hard to get through but honestly for me book 4 is the hardest read. Ironically the fourth movie is my favorite so far. I felt that it was the first time that they really did the climax justice rather than skimming over it in 30 seconds. Voldemort's rebirth was brilliantly done! I hope to be as impressed with Order.

Post #: 15
Harry Potter Favorites - 15/3/2006 6:18:02 PM   
ladyamanda123

I'm surprised to hear Dan say that most people don't like Book 5. I actually know a lot of people who love it. Myself, I love 3 the best with 6 coming in a very VERY close second. However, I've definitely read 5 the most times of all the books. It is the turning point. So much happens and the things you find out are so important for the rest of the series (I'm sure a lot more so than we even know yet as the end is still a mystery). It's a large book and so I think people feel like it's hard to get through but honestly for me book 4 is the hardest read. Ironically the fourth movie is my favorite so far. I felt that it was the first time that they really did the climax justice rather than skimming over it in 30 seconds. Voldemort's rebirth was brilliantly done! I hope to be as impressed with Order.

Post #: 16
Book 5 Not Popular ??? - 16/3/2006 1:28:08 AM   
basmithj

I never heard this either. I loved Book 5 and Book 6. The darker and more complex the better. I think Daniel likes to be the odd one out. He's so much in the spotlight, he's determined to stay there. I know, I know... he's placed there because of his huge popularity in the films and with girls especially. It's not in this artilce but he also likes being coy about kissing in the movies. He did a kissing scene in December Boys and he's acting as if the scene in Order of the Phoenix is some big deal. His Dad is always with him on set, so Daddy has seen his son snog, enough already! I don't believe for one minute that a good looking rich boy of sixteen hasn't snogged a bunch of girls or done more. I am finding the Dan is an innocent flower stuff a bit tedious, just like the "Towel Girl" stuff I heard a gazillion times. If he were so innocent why would he be able to tell David Heyman what "dogging" is.

< Message edited by basmithj -- 16/3/2006 1:30:09 AM >

Post #: 17
i think that... - 18/3/2006 3:15:48 PM   
dayanahp

i think that the fifth book is very exciting and important.
i could say that the fifth book is my favorite one. i've read the book 5 times and i could read it ten more times. i have many friends that have the same idea....dan you're right! the third the fifth book are the best!

Post #: 18
Nov 2007! - 20/3/2006 11:12:51 PM   
Grover

Thats almost 2008, what the heck are they doing when i thought they were filming it now? even though they're breaking to take their exams should it still not be ready at least spring/summer 2007. Merlin's beard! EIGHTEEN MONTHS and counting.....

Post #: 19
Arrgh! - 21/3/2006 2:23:20 PM   
cassius335

My heart actually sank when I read the bit about Grawp and the Centaurs. Would much rather they were ditched altogether (except for Firenze. Would be nice if he got his five minutes.
Hope the director leaves in the Fred and George stuff, they were great in the book.
And someone have a wet fish ready. No offence to Katie Leung, but there are a couple of points in the book where Cho REALLY needs a good slap...

Post #: 20
book 5 - 22/4/2006 11:21:12 PM   
fari

book 5 i have to say is my favourite mainly because you see a different side to Harry which you dont see i the other books and i think that is what makes the 5th book so different and more better for me (for me) then the other book.
and i really hope Gary Oldman is in this film because i dont think the film would be the wright with out him and David Thewlis.
November!!!! Why make us wait that long!!!!!

Post #: 21
disha - 3/7/2006 9:51:41 AM   
disha

nov 07?making us wait so long huh?neway buk 5 is not one of my favourites but still i really do hope dat dey include all the important stuff n dumbledore is not shown all violent like he is shown in the 4th movie bcoz dumbledore was never like dat he is simply calm n takes things wid real tenderness so i hope he is shown the way he is in the buk!

Post #: 22
- 14/7/2006 8:40:34 AM   
mikosangeleyes

I agree here with many of the people who posted. I agree that Dumbledore should not be as aggressive for lack of a better word towards Harry or any of the other characters as he was particularly in Goblet of Fire. I also liked the 5th book, and it is probably my favorite. I like it because I find it to have so much depth, most likely because it is a long book so there is a lot of space to put things into it. For Harry and his yelling, I find it understandable. He has went through a lot, more than what some of us will ever go through, and can sort of relate to his feelings. I haven't had it as bad as Harry, but I understand the whole anger, hurt, and other feelings associated with being around being a later teenager. Harry isn't the same from the first book because he has gotten older, and it is good to see how the characters develop.

I'm really looking forward to this movie! And the official release date is July 13, 2006! So about a year left...And Daniel Radcliffe is going to be wonderful I think, along with the rest of the cast.

Post #: 23
- 14/7/2006 8:41:56 AM   
mikosangeleyes

I agree here with many of the people who posted. I agree that Dumbledore should not be as aggressive for lack of a better word towards Harry or any of the other characters as he was particularly in Goblet of Fire. I also liked the 5th book, and it is probably my favorite. I like it because I find it to have so much depth, most likely because it is a long book so there is a lot of space to put things into it. For Harry and his yelling, I find it understandable. He has went through a lot, more than what some of us will ever go through, and can sort of relate to his feelings. I haven't had it as bad as Harry, but I understand the whole anger, hurt, and other feelings associated with being around being a later teenager. Harry isn't the same from the first book because he has gotten older, and it is good to see how the characters develop.

I'm really looking forward to this movie! And the official release date is July 13, 2006! So about a year left...And Daniel Radcliffe is going to be wonderful I think, along with the rest of the cast.

Post #: 24
dumledores rage - 18/11/2006 12:24:46 AM   
Albertine

ive been irritated over he's rage since the first harry potter film where Michael Gambon acted. In the books Dumbledore is calm and would never attac harry or other students on Hogwarts wich Gambon actually does..he has made me almost hate the movie character dumbledore and hope he gets better or else i am looking forward to book 6..if you know what i mean! but i still love the books character dumbledore!
MICHAEL GAMBON get a grip!!!!!

Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Exclusive: Order of the Phoenix News Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI