Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Gremlins Reboot Rumours Resurface

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gremlins Reboot Rumours Resurface Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gremlins Reboot Rumours Resurface - 17/1/2013 9:16:07 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 17/1/2013 9:16:07 AM   
chris wootton

A continuation would be alright.. but the danger they face is that wherever you set the story it's basically the same every time

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: - 17/1/2013 12:27:35 PM   
Chronicle

I just hope they won't exaggerate with the CGI.. Don't want the gremlins to look like The Smurfs or Alvin and the chipmunks..

(in reply to chris wootton)
Post #: 3
Not a Classic - More a Missed Opportunity - 17/1/2013 12:58:12 PM   
andrewgc

Empire has it's 'Bend Over For Mr Spielberg' hat on again. Gremlins seriously needs a reboot. It's always a pity Spielberg got Jurassic Park and not Cameron. The book is terrific. The film is almost there but not quite. Lucas has finally realised he can't make Star Wars films that the people who love Star Wars like - he seems to have no idea WHAT people like about them. Spielberg is the same with some of his.

Post #: 4
Tie in or Original Idea? - 18/1/2013 8:40:38 AM   
pgmark

It's about time studios stopped trying to tie in with older films nad realise the audience has changed. Gremlins is a wonderful film, much grittier than it's watered down version you see now (was it not 15 on release?)

These are our films for our generation. If todays audience want something like that could they not create something new and unconnected. It's bound to fail if you attatch it to something people hold sacred. If you create a film that is about gremlins on its own, yes there will be comparisons, but it will stand alone and be judged the better for it.

There are a lot of good writers out there who could create a film about gremlins and not a Gremlins film.

Post #: 5
RE: Tie in or Original Idea? - 18/1/2013 9:06:09 AM   
Dead Mike

Finally, CGI Gremlins & Gizmo with Shia Lebeouf in the lead. Get Len Wiseman to direct & we're laughing. Much better than the old sh!tty one with the puppets.

(in reply to pgmark)
Post #: 6
Noooooooooooooooooooooo - 18/1/2013 11:58:36 AM   
spamfiend

I understand that every person has their own view on this but I for one would not even watch this if it did get done. Why you ask, well let me tell you. Xmas Eve 1984, my old man got fed up with the sight of sprouts, turkey carcass and my mum wrapping presents like a loon so he took me to see Gremlins at the local cinema.
I knew nothing about the film but gladly went as a trip to the cinema with the old man was always a treat (and nearly 30 years later we still do this although I pay now) and had such a great experience that that Xmas is one of the most memorable ones for me because of this film.

I felt everything about it was well done from the story, the puppets and special FX and the tone switch from cute & cuddly to outright demonic and Jerry Goldsmith's melodic score was spot on.

I wont go to see it, I won't want to see it as it would belittle all the good memories I have of the film and of that snowy Xmas eve 29 years ago!

Post #: 7
RE: Tie in or Original Idea? - 18/1/2013 6:27:41 PM   
scottfbuchan

CGI Gremlins? Are you insane? The whole point of puppets are that thay are real physical objects and look hell of a lot better than some CGI rubbish. Look at how the Star Wars films turned out. I rest my case.

(in reply to Dead Mike)
Post #: 8
RE: RE: - 19/1/2013 1:59:57 PM   
Spiked

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chronicle

I just hope they won't exaggerate with the CGI.. Don't want the gremlins to look like The Smurfs or Alvin and the chipmunks..

Sadly I think this would be the case. SADLY.

Gremlins is one of my favourite films. In my mind the two films are kind of linked as this fun, funny, entertaining ride. I think perhapsp too much time has passed for a third, it certainly wouldn't have the same vibe as the first two. There would be rapping Gremlins and God knows what else.

(in reply to Chronicle)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Gremlins Reboot Rumours Resurface Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI