Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Jurassic Park 4 Set for 2014

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jurassic Park 4 Set for 2014 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jurassic Park 4 Set for 2014 - 12/1/2013 9:41:13 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
Date etc - 12/1/2013 9:41:13 AM   
samshepherd

I think you mean June 2014

I hope they don't go for that rumoured idea of having evolved human-like dinosaurs with their own guns etc...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
2 and 3 were crap without Steven directing - 12/1/2013 10:21:45 AM   
Paddy Kieran

so this ordinarily exciting news is not exciting any more...stick it

Post #: 3
Yeah, and no Winston or Crichton either. - 12/1/2013 10:29:57 AM   
Cameron1975Williams

'Executive Producer Steven Spielberg' used to be a badge of quality. This is like him leaving his name attached to Jaws 4: The Revenge.

Post #: 4
Jurrassic Formers Anyone? - 12/1/2013 11:46:34 AM   
Alex M...

Now Is the time for Transformers to join Jurrassic Park - Easily crow barred in dino bots then!

Post #: 5
RE: 2 and 3 were crap without Steven directing - 12/1/2013 11:49:44 AM   
officerMarc

Number 2 aka The Lost World was directed by Spielberg.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119567/

(in reply to Paddy Kieran)
Post #: 6
RE: JP4 - 12/1/2013 12:48:22 PM   
rich

Ugh just let it die already

Meanwhile...

(in reply to officerMarc)
Post #: 7
Jurassic Park and the Lost World - 12/1/2013 2:21:04 PM   
SUPER_movie_FREAK

Both were brilliant movies. The story quality of The Lost World was not as good as Jurassic Park but it was still a great film. The less said about the quality of Jurassic Park 3 the better, so I hope 4 will return the franchise to its former glory/

Post #: 8
jurrassic mark - 12/1/2013 2:40:37 PM   
ceaser

the first was great ,the 2nd was ok it still had fuel in the tank, the 3rd was floggin the dinosaur, but im optimistic number 4 will bring somethin fresh and not just rely on the veloceraptor to giv the big scares

Post #: 9
Jurassic Park and the Lost World - 12/1/2013 2:50:17 PM   
SUPER_movie_FREAK

Both were brilliant movies. The story quality of The Lost World was not as good as Jurassic Park but it was still a great film. The less said about the quality of Jurassic Park 3 the better, so I hope 4 will return the franchise to its former glory/

Post #: 10
Fourquels... - 13/1/2013 11:10:19 AM   
Pelle

Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
Batman & Robin
Terminator Salvation
Scream 4
Rambo (2008)
Hannibal Rising
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Die Hard 4.0
The Bourne Legacy
Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
Lethal Weapon 4
Alien: Resurrection
Jaws: The Revenge

It's long and sad list of horrible fourth parts from good series that eventually killed the entire franchise.

Post #: 11
Spielberg should direct it! - 13/1/2013 11:28:32 AM   
bb

With ROBOPOCALYPSE on hold, I think the Beard should direct the fourth JURASSIC PARK film. Also, I think it should be a direct sequel to the first one, and ignore the the other two sequels since they were terrible. How about focusing on the fate of that shaving cream that contained the stolen dinosaur embryos? It's a shame they didn't do a sequel on that. because it would have been a whole lot better than the storylines for the second and third ones.

Post #: 12
aeorosol park . - 13/1/2013 3:55:25 PM   
ceaser

your right they should focus on that aerosol can as the camera paned on it for a while when nedry dropped it ,givin us the idea that there was somethin more to that scene, so the sequel should have been about that but they opted for the second book story which was weak and the added t rex was a bit of a co out. i will go see jp4 purely out of curiosity but hopefuly enjoy it

Post #: 13
RE: JP4 - 13/1/2013 4:15:14 PM   
Moorish

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

It hasn't been around for years, and the last effort was a non affair. This seems to be a big effort and force in bringing it back so I don't have any problem with this, personally.

(in reply to rich)
Post #: 14
How can they do it?? - 13/1/2013 6:02:24 PM   
spamfiend

It seems to me that 15 months from announcing the movie to release date is very impracticable if not impossible. I know Spielberg did WOTW very quick so unless they are not telling us something in as such as Stan Winston Studios already have started work as well as ILM too.

Does anyone else think they can get a full 3D movie out in this short time period?

Post #: 15
rise of the planet of the dinosaurs - 13/1/2013 8:19:10 PM   
ceaser

wow thats very true they hav a script done aparently and i want jeff goldlum to be the only returning actor from the originals, wudnt it be cool to mix wiv the new planet of the apes universe , full on war between ceasers army and those pesky fools from 65 million years ago

Post #: 16
RE: rise of the planet of the dinosaurs - 14/1/2013 10:22:06 AM   
Chronicle

Spielberg should direct this himself, that would be awesome.

(in reply to ceaser)
Post #: 17
RE: Spielberg should direct it! - 14/1/2013 10:27:14 AM   
Pelle

quote:

ORIGINAL: bb

With ROBOPOCALYPSE on hold, I think the Beard should direct the fourth JURASSIC PARK film. Also, I think it should be a direct sequel to the first one, and ignore the the other two sequels since they were terrible. How about focusing on the fate of that shaving cream that contained the stolen dinosaur embryos? It's a shame they didn't do a sequel on that. because it would have been a whole lot better than the storylines for the second and third ones.

Well he's not gonna direct it so we can stop the speculation right there.

As for those embryos in the first movie, it was made clear that the canister would stay cold only for 36 hours, not 20 years. So those embryos are as dead as your idea.
Sure, being fourquel they could come up with some kind of lame and stupid idea of how those embryos would stay alive, but that would be highly offensive for the audience and generally not very good to ground your movie to the idiocy.

quote:

ORIGINAL: ceaser

your right they should focus on that aerosol can as the camera paned on it for a while when nedry dropped it ,givin us the idea that there was somethin more to that scene,

The point of that shot was that those unborn dinosaurs would be buried back in to the mud where they were found in the first place. Nice poetic gesture, but nothing sequely really.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moorish

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

It hasn't been around for years, and the last effort was a non affair. This seems to be a big effort and force in bringing it back so I don't have any problem with this, personally.

Well it took Spielberg 20 years to make another (fourth) Indy, and that turned out to be a real gem...

< Message edited by Pelle -- 14/1/2013 10:28:17 AM >

(in reply to bb)
Post #: 18
RE: Spielberg should direct it! - 14/1/2013 12:02:17 PM   
Nexus Wookie

quote:

ORIGINAL: bb

I quite like the 3rd film; i was watching it with my son on the weekend and i was quite surprised by how much fun it was. Its definitely better than the sequel. My son kept referring to the big T-Rex killer as Rudy (because of its likeness to Rudy in Ice Age 3!)

My blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

(in reply to bb)
Post #: 19
RE: Date etc - 14/1/2013 1:09:40 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: samshepherd

I think you mean June 2014

I hope they don't go for that rumoured idea of having evolved human-like dinosaurs with their own guns etc...

Actually! I hope they do!. :)

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to samshepherd)
Post #: 20
Spielberg shoud direct it - 14/1/2013 5:16:13 PM   
dansator

Great news about Jurassic Park 4, but only with Spielberg as director. The first two parts were fantastic, but the third film fell flat despite the special effects. But someone should remind the studios: the word "quadrilogy" doesn't exist, the correct word is "tetralogy".

Post #: 21
RE: Spielberg shoud direct it - 14/1/2013 9:54:47 PM   
ravagee

I love dinosaurs but man where else can they go with this?

If they're gonna do anything with this franchise I think I'd prefer to wipe the slate clean and I'm surprised I said that. =/

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

If I peed my pants would you pretend that I just got wet from the rain?

(in reply to dansator)
Post #: 22
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Jurassic Park 4 Set for 2014 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI