Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Spielberg Offers Robopocalypse Update

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Spielberg Offers Robopocalypse Update Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Spielberg Offers Robopocalypse Update - 11/1/2013 9:38:41 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
“I found the personal way into Robopocalypse" - 11/1/2013 9:38:41 AM   
Simon124

Like he did for War of the Worlds? Let's hope not...

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Spielberg Offers Robopocalypse Update - 11/1/2013 10:03:51 AM   
Dannybohy

This does sound like hes thinking of taking the War of the Worlds approach!. Kind of a cop out! as much as I actually like his WotW I would of loved to have seen a full blown version!

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

Post #: 3
Personal way - 11/1/2013 12:18:43 PM   
kirk

Having just finished the book, this personal approach has got to be the best way to go....It is one guy recounting other peoples events through a computer box....So making it about one person may work....Problem is...the book is like World War Z....post war accounts which make it very easy to read....and youd think people would want to make it that way.
Instead like World War Z we get them taking one idea from the book and mashing it up.....Fingers crossed Spielberg can pull it off....

PS: Read the book. It's great.

Post #: 4
Pray he doesn't do to this what he did with WAR OF THE ... - 11/1/2013 8:24:25 PM   
bb

ROBOPOCALYPSE is a pretty epic storyline, and if Spielberg ends up doing to this like he did with WAR OF THE WORLDS (2005) - one his WORST film as director - then it's going to suck. WAR OF THE WORLDS was ruined thanks to it's gaping plot holes, unbearable screamings of Dakota Fanning and abrupt ending. These are my suggestions - 1. Spielberg makes the adaptation not as epic as the novel, but more so than his WAR OF THE WORLDS film; and 2. Keep Drew Goddard on board to revise the screenplay and NOT bring in that idiotic David Koepp (the moron who scripted WAR OF THE WORLDS as well as INDY IV).

Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Spielberg Offers Robopocalypse Update Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI