Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Doc's Bottom Ten Films Of 2012

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Doc's Bottom Ten Films Of 2012 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Doc's Bottom Ten Films Of 2012 - 17/1/2013 3:56:24 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

Couldn't pay me enough to sit through a Twilight film, though.

You should really watch one of them before you judge.

Eddy's Film Review
Latest: Need For Speed, Under The Skin, 300: Rise Of An Empire

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 31
RE: Doc's Bottom Ten Films Of 2012 - 17/1/2013 3:58:56 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

Not judging. Couldn't stand the one book I tried and failed to get through because it was so awful, so have no interest in seeing the movies.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 32
RE: Doc's Bottom Ten Films Of 2012 - 17/1/2013 5:10:36 PM   
Whistler

quote:

quote:

quote:

Not judging. Couldn't stand the one book I tried and failed to get through because it was so awful, so have no interest in seeing the movies.

Ah, fair enough if you read the book - or tried

Perhaps I rush to its defence too easily; I'm not exactly a huge fan of Twilight (I don't mind it), but the reason I feel so compelled to defend it is because I know so many people who trash it at every chance they get because they think it's somehow cool to do so, yet they haven't even seen it. It just bothers me when prejudice gets in the way of reason.

Eddy's Film Review

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 33
RE: Doc's Bottom Ten Films Of 2012 - 17/1/2013 5:39:28 PM   
Dr Lenera

I thought the first film was passable but after that.....simply horrid! I remember a few good things in number four maybe.

check out more of my reviews on http://horrorcultfilms.co.uk/

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 34
RE: Doc's Bottom Ten Films Of 2012 - 17/1/2013 8:08:38 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dr Lenera

1/ THIS MEANS WAR

For some reason I thought this movie would be amusing, silly fun, but then many things seem like a good idea at the time. Ten minutes into it, I realised I was watching the most offensive, annoying film in some time, a film where we are supposed to find two psychotic stalkers cool and funny, where we are supposed to find a heroine so dumb that a Barbie doll is more intelligent some kind of role model, a film which replays the same situation over and over again until you want to scream, a film that has action so ineptly crafted it looks like it was shot by blind people, a film which should tell McG once and for all that he should just give up on directing films, a film which actually made we wish I was watching Twilight. I find it extremely worrying that this film, in a year where the BBFC have totally lost their way and think sex, violence and bad language is pretty much suitable for young kids, is not only considered acceptable viewing for under 12s as long as they have supervision, but for anyone with more than one brain cell.

Another one I have not seen and have little intention off.  It is becoming depressing to see what depressing trash Witherspoon has resorted to post oscar.

(in reply to Dr Lenera)
Post #: 35
RE: Doc's Bottom Ten Films Of 2012 - 19/1/2013 2:54:01 PM   
Qwerty Norris

quote:

Perhaps I rush to its defence too easily; I'm not exactly a huge fan of Twilight (I don't mind it), but the reason I feel so compelled to defend it is because I know so many people who trash it at every chance they get because they think it's somehow cool to do so, yet they haven't even seen it. It just bothers me when prejudice gets in the way of reason.

The Twilight franchise is to film what Justin Bieber is to music; something that appeals to a very specific audience or market, yet has attracted a level of scorn that's disproportionate - resembling a bandwagon rather than fair & just criticism.

Just to clarify, I'm not actually a fan of his.

Qwerty's Top 10 of 2013 (so far)

1. Zero Dark Thirty
2. No
3. A Hijacking
4. Behind the Candelabra
5. In The Fog
6. Good Vibrations
7. McCullin
8. Beyond the Hills
9. The Place Beyond the Pines
10. Wreck-it Ralph

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 36
RE: Doc's Bottom Ten Films Of 2012 - 19/1/2013 3:23:36 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

quote:

The Twilight franchise is to film what Justin Bieber is to music; something that appeals to a very specific audience or market, yet has attracted a level of scorn that's disproportionate - resembling a bandwagon rather than fair & just criticism.

I agree with that entirely. I think Bieber's music is crap and I can't understand how he became quite so popular so fast, but he obviously has something that appeals to a certain audience. There's nothing wrong with disliking his music, but there is a problem when people crucify him at every chance simply because of his popularity. I mean for Christ's sake, people sending him death threats?

There's nothing forcing people to listen to him, just like there's nothing forcing people to watch Twilight.

Eddy's Film Review

(in reply to Qwerty Norris)
Post #: 37
RE: Doc's Bottom Ten Films Of 2012 - 19/1/2013 6:00:45 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Qwerty Norris

quote:

I agree with that entirely. I think Bieber's music is crap and I can't understand how he became quite so popular so fast, but he obviously has something that appeals to a certain audience. There's nothing wrong with disliking his music, but there is a problem when people crucify him at every chance simply because of his popularity. I mean for Christ's sake, people sending him death threats?

There's nothing forcing people to listen to him, just like there's nothing forcing people to watch Twilight.

Actually think it is harsh to compare Twilight to that crap

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 38
RE: Doc's Bottom Ten Films Of 2012 - 22/1/2013 1:33:36 PM   
homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

Two of these so far appeared in Homer's best of 2012 list They are also two I've seen.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I dismissed the Twilight films out of hand and then found the first one fairly watchable. Also OMG ROBERT PATTERSON!!!!!11!, etc.

Also not liking the book does not necessarily lead to not liking the film. You may not be a fan of trashy badly written pulp fiction, but you'd still end up enjoying Jaws and The Godfather...

That deep-browed Homer ruled as his demesne.

Bristol Bad Film Club
A place where movie fans can come and behold some of the most awful films ever put to celluloid.

(in reply to Gimli The Dwarf)
Post #: 39
RE: Doc's Bottom Ten Films Of 2012 - 22/1/2013 4:13:12 PM   
ElephantBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: homersimpson_esq

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gimli The Dwarf

Two of these so far appeared in Homer's best of 2012 list They are also two I've seen.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I dismissed the Twilight films out of hand and then found the first one fairly watchable. Also OMG ROBERT PATTERSON!!!!!11!, etc.

Also not liking the book does not necessarily lead to not liking the film. You may not be a fan of trashy badly written pulp fiction, but you'd still end up enjoying Jaws and The Godfather...

Agreed I really struggle to muster up the strength to read any of the LOTR novels.

(in reply to homersimpson_esq)
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Lists and Top 10s >> RE: Doc's Bottom Ten Films Of 2012 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI