Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You canít make me dance, Iím not a monkey "

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You canít make me dance, Iím not a monkey " Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 11/1/2013 9:50:10 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

that he's brought an agenda (which, if he has, isn't clear from the questions, and your misquoting of KGM doesn't help),

Please show me exactly what I've misquoted.

(in reply to Pigeon Army)
Post #: 61
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 11/1/2013 11:22:05 PM   
a_new_power

Tarantino had every right to refuse the question Ė however, being distasteful or disrespectful when refusing said questions is demonstrably not acceptable...

Perhaps the conversation is a silly argument as to whether violence is linked to cinema or games or notĖ there have been cases where people have said that itís because of a game, or a movie, or whatever they watched or played that led them to do what they did. But there is no proof or evidence that this is a real factor, in almost all cases itís the social or family environment and all that comes with that environment that has a real part to play. I thought it was a silly question; though I would rather get an answer to that kind of a question, than a dense question like, how do you feel about working with so and so? Who was the nicest on set? Blah, blah, blah!

Tarantino did not do a good job as an interviewee and was very rude, and that is not to be commended or defended because then such things become acceptable.

< Message edited by a_new_power -- 11/1/2013 11:44:15 PM >

"A coward is a hero with a wife, kids, and a mortgage."

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 62
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 11/1/2013 11:39:36 PM   
MonsterCat

My two cents? Guru-Murphy probably shouldn't pressed on with a question QT didn't want to answer, but QT over-reacted definitely.

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to a_new_power)
Post #: 63
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 11/1/2013 11:46:56 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: a_new_power

Tarantino had every right to refuse the question Ė however, being distasteful or disrespectful when refusing said questions is demonstrably not acceptable...

I suppose that depends on context. QT claims he's addressed this issue many times, but even if he hasn't, we don't know how many times people have asked him it before KGM asked him it in that junket. He could have batted away the question dozens of times very urbanely but this was him at the end of his tether. We don't know.

Post #: 64
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 11/1/2013 11:48:55 PM   
rawlinson

The other possibility is that Tarantino and Sam Jackson have just decided to fuck with any interviewer who asks a lazy question during the press tour.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 65
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 11/1/2013 11:50:30 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

The other possibility is that Tarantino and Sam Jackson have just decided to fuck with any interviewer who asks a lazy question during the press tour.

Well, if that's true Guru-Murphy should thank his lucky stars he got Tarantino.

"I WANT THIS MOTHERFUCKIN' INTERVIEWER OUT OF THIS MOTHERFUCKIN' JUNKET!!!"

< Message edited by MonsterCat -- 11/1/2013 11:51:38 PM >

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 66
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 11/1/2013 11:51:23 PM   
rawlinson

Did you see that Jackson interview? I kept expecting him to yell "I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker!"

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 67
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 11/1/2013 11:51:53 PM   
superdan

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Well, if that's true Guru-Murphy should thank his lucky stars he got Tarantino.

"I WANT THIS MOTHERFUCKIN' INTERVIEWER OUT OF THIS MOTHERFUCKIN' JUNKET!!!"

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 68
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 11/1/2013 11:53:06 PM   
MonsterCat

quote:

Did you see that Jackson interview? I kept expecting him to yell "I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker!"

Is it with the same guy?

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 69
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 11/1/2013 11:56:44 PM   
rawlinson

No, it was with some guy who wanted to talk about "the n word" and Jackson refuses to answer the question unless he actually says it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDvNSopOd-Q

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 70
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 12:02:08 AM   
a_new_power

quote:

ORIGINAL: superdan

quote:

I suppose that depends on context. QT claims he's addressed this issue many times, but even if he hasn't, we don't know how many times people have asked him it before KGM asked him it in that junket. He could have batted away the question dozens of times very urbanely but this was him at the end of his tether. We don't know.

Heís also addressed the fact who he likes working with, how fun it was working with said colleague and so on and so forth - yet he happily and blithely will answer any of those lazy or repetitive shits supposedly called questions Ė no, I still stand by the fact he was distasteful with his slavery reference and rude in his response and approach - .

< Message edited by a_new_power -- 12/1/2013 12:06:24 AM >

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 71
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 12:03:06 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

No, it was with some guy who wanted to talk about "the n word" and Jackson refuses to answer the question unless he actually says it.

Awkward!

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 72
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 12:05:18 AM   
a_new_power

quote:

Like I've said - those kind of responses, whether the question be lazy or not are not a way for people to behave, especially in a professional environment.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 73
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 12:09:34 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

quote:

Awkward!

If DiCaprio starts fucking with interviewers you know they're just taking bets on who can provoke the most moral outrage.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 74
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 12:13:05 AM   
superdan

quote:

That is much more awkward. I think Sam Jackson plays that brilliantly. Classic junket bingo.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 75
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 12:21:36 AM   
superdan

quote:

Heís also addressed the fact who he likes working with, how fun it was working with said colleague and so on and so forth - yet he happily and blithely will answer any of those lazy or repetitive shits supposedly called questions Ė no, I still stand by the fact he was distasteful with his slavery reference and rude in his response and approach - .

Who he works with etc has no bearing on the direction the interviewer was attempting to take. And (in my personal opinion) anyone drawing conclusions from his heat-of-the-moment 'references' to slavery are looking for sticks to beat him with. He may have been rude, but he is under no obligation to be polite - as he says, he's just there to promote his movie.

Post #: 76
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 12:38:48 AM   
rawlinson

Yeah, personally I think it was just a famous motormouth getting frustrated and falling back on a very common phrase without actually linking it to the film.

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 77
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 12:54:56 AM   
a_new_power

quote:

quote:

Who he works with etc has no bearing on the direction the interviewer was attempting to take. And (in my personal opinion) anyone drawing conclusions from his heat-of-the-moment 'references' to slavery are looking for sticks to beat him with. He may have been rude, but he is under no obligation to be polite - as he says, he's just there to promote his movie.

Of course he has an obligation to be polite - what are you talking about!

I never said anything about the direction of the interview, although it is the interviewers right to go the direction they see fit, especially if jackass directors P.R people canít do their jobs properly by looking up who the hell the interviewer is Ė My point however was that there is a simple truth in the world and you have certain behaviours that need to be endorsed, especially when you're flogging your crap to people and the question is based somewhat on the crap youíre selling- He in that interview with his remarks thinks everybody are dumb drones looking for dumb answer to dumb questions, he's supposed to be an intelligent creative director - heat of the moment, letís not be silly!

< Message edited by a_new_power -- 12/1/2013 12:59:14 AM >

(in reply to superdan)
Post #: 78
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 12:59:21 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Of course he has an obligation to be polite - what are you talking about!

I never said anything about the direction of the interview just that there is a simple truth in the world and you have certain behaviours that need to be endorsed, especially when you're flogging your crap to people and the question is based somewhat on the crap youíre selling- He in that interview with his remarks thinks everybody are dumb drones looking for dumb answer to dumb questions, he's supposed to be an intelligent creative director - heat of the moment, letís not be silly!

Does this obligation to be polite extend to everyone?

Post #: 79
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 1:03:22 AM   
Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Olaf

If Quentin Tarantino is a washed-up hack from the 90s living off past glories, I don't even want to know what Bret Easton Ellis is.

Joking aside, I thought Lunar Park managed to rescue itself with the final chapter quite brilliantly. We'll er, not mention Imperial Bedrooms.

Invisible Text for SPOILERS: "color=#F1F1F1" Spoiler text "/color" , then change the quotation marks to square brackets.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 80
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 1:07:37 AM   
a_new_power

quote:

I think certain things, especially in interviews there are certain behaviours by both parties Ė its the interviewers job to ask questions and its the interviewees job to answer or refuse those questions appropriately and politely Ė KGM may not have asked a question which was either intelligent or relevant in Tarantinoís eyes, however there is a way to behave in these situations and not to do so especially with his background is extremely wrong.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 81
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 1:10:43 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

I think certain things, especially in interviews there are certain behaviours by both parties Ė its the interviewers job to ask questions and its the interviewees job to answer or refuse those questions appropriately and politely Ė KGM may not have asked a question which was either intelligent or relevant in Tarantinoís eyes, however there is a way to behave in these situations and not to do so especially with his background is extremely wrong.

I'm just curious that you're not finding it a bit hypocritical that you're demanding a person placed in a no doubt frustrating position be polite at all times, yet all you're doing is commenting on the internet and you're writing stuff like this

quote:

I never said anything about the direction of the interview, although it is the interviewers right to go the direction they see fit, especially if jackass directors P.R people canít do their jobs properly by looking up who the hell the interviewer is Ė My point however was that there is a simple truth in the world and you have certain behaviours that need to be endorsed, especially when you're flogging your crap to people and the question is based somewhat on the crap youíre selling- He in that interview with his remarks thinks everybody are dumb drones looking for dumb answer to dumb questions, he's supposed to be an intelligent creative director - heat of the moment, letís not be silly!

which is full of impolite comments.

Post #: 82
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 1:16:04 AM   
a_new_power

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'm just curious that you're not finding it a bit hypocritical that you're demanding a person placed in a no doubt frustrating position be polite at all times, yet all you're doing is commenting on the internet and you're writing stuff like this

quote:

which is full of impolite comments.

Really, you're comparing our conversation on a message board by people (you being an assumption) who have no influence in the world to Tarantino - really! I didn't know I was selling something, or I was in an interview watched by millions, again selling something!

< Message edited by a_new_power -- 12/1/2013 1:19:04 AM >

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 83
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 1:19:44 AM   
rawlinson

You're demanding other people be held up to a standard you're unwilling to meet. And you're not in a situation where your frustration can just boil over in the heat of the moment. You can walk away and take time to phrase your responses so they're up to the standard of politeness you demand of others.

Post #: 84
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 1:26:53 AM   
a_new_power

quote:

You're demanding other people be held up to a standard you're unwilling to meet. And you're not in a situation where your frustration can just boil over in the heat of the moment. You can walk away and take time to phrase your responses so they're up to the standard of politeness you demand of others.

Are you serious - for one if he was being a jackass that is what he was - secondly there is nothing in our conversation which would offend people except Tarantino - and he can do something about that by selling his product more appropriately and in an interview behave appropriately- and what standard exactly of politeness in our conversation have I not utilised?

< Message edited by a_new_power -- 12/1/2013 1:28:17 AM >

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 85
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 1:32:48 AM   
rawlinson

quote:

Are you serious - for one if he was being a jackass that is what he was - secondly there is nothing in our conversation which would offend people except Tarantino - and he can do something about that by selling his product more appropriately and in an interview behave appropriately- and what standard exactly of politeness in our conversation have I not utilised.

I'm not talking about offending people. I'm talking about the demands you're making for politeness, such as here

quote:

My point however was that there is a simple truth in the world and you have certain behaviours that need to be endorsed

that you're unwilling to display yourself. Basically you've said in several posts there are standards of politeness to be upheld, but you think you're exempt from them. Calling someone a jackass isn't polite, describing someone's work as crap isn't polite. Basically you have no credibility when you demand behaviour from others that you're unwilling to display yourself. And polite behaviour isn't just when the eyes of the world are on you, it's also about how you conduct yourself when you're not in a high profile situation. You're not conducting yourself politely, therefore you're being hypocritical when you demand others do.

Post #: 86
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 1:35:48 AM   
MonsterCat

Since there isn't an obligation to be polite is it OK if I call Matty a cunt?

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 87
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 1:38:57 AM   
rawlinson

I think with Matty it's impolite to refer to him as anything else. The sloppy cunt as he is.

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 88
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 1:40:03 AM   
a_new_power

quote:

quote:

Are you serious - for one if he was being a jackass that is what he was - secondly there is nothing in our conversation which would offend people except Tarantino - and he can do something about that by selling his product more appropriately and in an interview behave appropriately- and what standard exactly of politeness in our conversation have I not utilised.

I'm not talking about offending people. I'm talking about the demands you're making for politeness, such as here

quote:

My point however was that there is a simple truth in the world and you have certain behaviours that need to be endorsed

that you're unwilling to display yourself. Basically you've said in several posts there are standards of politeness to be upheld, but you think you're exempt from them. Calling someone a jackass isn't polite, describing someone's work as crap isn't polite. Basically you have no credibility when you demand behaviour from others that you're unwilling to display yourself. And polite behaviour isn't just when the eyes of the world are on you, it's also about how you conduct yourself when you're not in a high profile situation. You're not conducting yourself politely, therefore you're being hypocritical when you demand others do.

But youíve missed the point entirely Ė I am allowed to say bugger or shite in a certain situations Ė If I go to a job interview, I must be on my best behaviour Ė If I want a big publisher to endorse a book, again I must be on my best behaviour Ė he was selling something, he was in an interview situation, watched on T.V and he choice to be rude and crude with his remarks. He was a jackass Ė I can say that in certain situations, for him this was not one of those situations Ė How can you not understand that.

< Message edited by a_new_power -- 12/1/2013 1:43:22 AM >

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 89
RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You caní... - 12/1/2013 1:41:19 AM   
MonsterCat

quote:

I think with Matty it's impolite to refer to him as anything else. The sloppy cunt as he is.

Thanks for the input, dickhead.

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> News and Hot Topics >> RE: "Quentin Tarantino tells interviewer: You canít make me dance, Iím not a monkey " Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI