Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: Django Song

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Django Song Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Django Song - 10/1/2013 7:28:36 PM   
Deviation

Also, I absolutely love that something quite unknown like No (Chilean pride FUCK YES IT'S HERE) got nommed over that incredibly huge behemoth that was The Intouchables.

< Message edited by Deviation -- 10/1/2013 7:29:21 PM >

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dpp1978
There are certainly times where calling a person a cunt is not only reasonable, it is a gross understatement.

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49
I really wish I could go down to see Privates

(in reply to SadFace)
Post #: 61
RE: Best score for Skyfall??! - 10/1/2013 7:31:49 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rod Hull

And why in the name of Cubby R Brocolli did the insipid and barely understandable theme song from Skyfall get a nod as well? Worst. Bond. Theme. Ever. And yes, I'm including The Living Daylights and License To Kill. I'd rather here that Christmas tree one from OHMSS than this bland toss on toast.

Agree with this. The way Adele mangles the English language to try and get the lyrics to scan makes me angry enough to club baby seals. What the fuck does crum-ball mean and why does her pronounciation of Skyfall make it sound like she's singing about scaffold?

Worst Bond song ever indeed, just ahead of Die Another Day and the above mentioned License to Kill.

Regardless of thoughts on the Skyfall theme (which I really like), there should be absolutely no arguments that Die Another Day isn't only the worst Bond song, but one of the worst songs ever sung.

"Die Another Day" was a bad tune but at least it had a tune unlike that bilge Jack White and Alicia Keyes served up for QoS.

Member of the TMNT 1000 Club.

(in reply to Whistler)
Post #: 62
RE: Best score for Skyfall??! - 10/1/2013 7:35:18 PM   
Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harry Tuttle

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rod Hull

And why in the name of Cubby R Brocolli did the insipid and barely understandable theme song from Skyfall get a nod as well? Worst. Bond. Theme. Ever. And yes, I'm including The Living Daylights and License To Kill. I'd rather here that Christmas tree one from OHMSS than this bland toss on toast.

Agree with this. The way Adele mangles the English language to try and get the lyrics to scan makes me angry enough to club baby seals. What the fuck does crum-ball mean and why does her pronounciation of Skyfall make it sound like she's singing about scaffold?

Worst Bond song ever indeed, just ahead of Die Another Day and the above mentioned License to Kill.

Regardless of thoughts on the Skyfall theme (which I really like), there should be absolutely no arguments that Die Another Day isn't only the worst Bond song, but one of the worst songs ever sung.

"Die Another Day" was a bad tune but at least it had a tune unlike that bilge Jack White and Alicia Keyes served up for QoS.

That wasn't a great song, but it was still a mile better than Die Another Day.

(in reply to directorscut)
Post #: 63
RE: Django Song - 10/1/2013 7:43:06 PM   
ravagee

quote:

ORIGINAL: rawlinson

quote:

Someone please explain to me how TDKR has not been nominated for best visual effects (considering they tried their best to not use CGI where ever possible) or score?

Because the professionals who work in visual effects and film music didn't like it.

So that blatantly just confirms we're gonna be forgetting how to be old school and authentic in visual effects. Next they'll be praising 3D.

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

If I peed my pants would you pretend that I just got wet from the rain?

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 64
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 7:45:36 PM   
ravagee

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

Their plots were only full of holes if you weren't paying attention/willing to do a little thinking for yourself.

No DKR was full of plot holes.

No. It wasn't. This has been discussed many times at length... there's not one "plot hole" that can't be explained using the internal logic of the movies, or in some cases are right there on screen.

Keep telling yourself that - fanboy.

Hilarious. It's like now if someone is passionate about something they can't have a valid opinion?

TDKR was the weaker of the three but there was nothing massively "missing" from the film. The average movie-goer managed to understand it?

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 65
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 7:57:52 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravagee

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Their plots were only full of holes if you weren't paying attention/willing to do a little thinking for yourself.

No. It wasn't. This has been discussed many times at length... there's not one "plot hole" that can't be explained using the internal logic of the movies, or in some cases are right there on screen.

Hilarious. It's like now if someone is passionate about something they can't have a valid opinion?

TDKR was the weaker of the three but there was nothing massively "missing" from the film. The average movie-goer managed to understand it?

No one said that. Also no one said anything is missing from the film. Maybe you need to look up plot holes in a dictionary.

(in reply to ravagee)
Post #: 66
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 8:00:59 PM   
ravagee

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No one said that. Also no one said anything is missing from the film. Maybe you need to look up plot holes in a dictionary.

Plot holes are basically loose ends, am I right? Yes. Therefore things are missing that fail to add up.

And it always comes across that because people jump to the "fanboy" accusation the minute someone gets a little bit passionate.

Post #: 67
- 10/1/2013 8:02:47 PM   
billypunk

I though Samuel L Jackson deserved the best supporting nomination for Django ahead of Waltz but It looks like a pretty fierce category this year.

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 68
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 8:04:29 PM   
theoriginalcynic

There were loose ends / things that were silly / things that didn't make sense, but I've only seen it once, so I can't quote them to you.

Well, if he can't see the film has plot holes, he has the blinders on = fanboy.

I didn't hate the DKR's but I wouldn't award it five stars - like Empire did.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 10/1/2013 8:06:22 PM >

(in reply to ravagee)
Post #: 69
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 8:06:28 PM   
ravagee

quote:

There were so many loose ends / things that were silly / didn't make sense but I've only seen it once, so I can't quote them to you.

Seen it once? Then watch it again because believe me when you watch a film a few times you pick up things that you didn't notice before. It's a long film, it needs more than one watch. :/

Also, it's easy not to spot plot holes unless you're being overly critical of the film anyway. Cause to me there was nothing blindingly obvious to pick out.

< Message edited by ravagee -- 10/1/2013 8:07:28 PM >

Post #: 70
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 8:07:46 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

There were so many loose ends / things that were silly / didn't make sense but I've only seen it once, so I can't quote them to you.

Seen it once? Then watch it again because believe me when you watch a film a few times you pick up things that you didn't notice before. It's a long film, it needs more than one watch. :/

But it's not that good, and there are many other films that deserve my attention.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 10/1/2013 8:17:53 PM >

(in reply to ravagee)
Post #: 71
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 8:09:40 PM   
ravagee

quote:

quote:

quote:

But it's not that good, and there are so many other films that deserve my attention.

Well that's your opinion. I'm not gonna argue about that but I really think before being overly critical, it should be given another watch.

Post #: 72
- 10/1/2013 8:12:19 PM   
billypunk

I though Samuel L Jackson deserved the best supporting nomination for Django ahead of Waltz but It looks like a pretty fierce category this year.

Post #: 73
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 8:17:29 PM   
directorscut

quote:

There were loose ends / things that were silly / things that didn't make sense, but I've only seen it once, so I can't quote them to you.

Shouting "plotholes!" over and over again will not make a film less good. North by Northwest has loads of them and it is a masterpiece.

< Message edited by directorscut -- 10/1/2013 8:18:11 PM >

Post #: 74
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 8:19:30 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

Shouting "plotholes!" over and over again will not make a film less good. North by Northwest has loads of them and it is a masterpiece.

It doesn't make a film great either, which the DKR's clearly isn't. And I suppose it depends on the plot hole and how gaping it is. Anyway I really don't care enough about this film to keep talking about it.

Post #: 75
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 8:20:19 PM   
ravagee

quote:

quote:

Agreed. It's like everything has to be explained in films today. I prefer to be left with questions.

Post #: 76
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 8:26:41 PM   
theoriginalcynic

quote:

quote:

quote:

Agreed. It's like everything has to be explained in films today. I prefer to be left with questions.

I'll give you an example of a plot hole. In Journey 2: the Mysterious Island, the Island sinks every so often, but at the end of the film it clearly gets destroyed as it sinks. How does it resurface again, with superglue? That's not a question, it's just silly.

(in reply to ravagee)
Post #: 77
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 8:29:08 PM   
ravagee

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I'll give you an example of a plot hole. In Journey 2: the Mysterious Island, the Island sinks every so often, but at the end of the film it clearly gets destroyed as it sinks. How does it resurface again, with superglue? That's not a question, it's just silly.

I was talking about little plot holes. Obviously that's stupid. There again those kind of films don't really appeal to me at all.

Post #: 78
- 10/1/2013 8:35:55 PM   
polkadotty5

Not as disappointed with the nominations this year as I was last year. Surprised like Tim Bevan that Tom Hooper wasn't nominated. It's the like the same thing as the lack of Spielberg in the BAFTA noms! I actually want watch this year, but as ever it's on a school night. Damn.

Post #: 79
hobbit??? - 10/1/2013 9:09:34 PM   
paxosway

even though the review was quite accurate for the hobbit and it didnt recapture the glory of the lotr movies, the hobbit should have some more nominations such as: cinematography, costume design, music and especialy best song!

Post #: 80
Hm. - 10/1/2013 9:21:25 PM   
Wagg

Nothing for TDKR, Avengers (technically brilliant) nor 'The Impossible' which was astonishing in Direction, Acting, Sound and Visuals... robbed.

'The Imposter'?
'The Raid'
'Marley'
'Berberian Sound Studio'

Thought The Hobbit would amount more, but very happy for 'Silver Linings'

< Message edited by Wagg -- 10/1/2013 9:24:31 PM >

Post #: 81
RE: Hm. - 10/1/2013 9:54:23 PM   
elab49

Avengers did have a nomination, didn't it? Visual effects.

Was Berberian eligible for the US awards?

Lips Together and Blow - blogtasticness and Glasgow Film Festival GFF13!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

Annual Poll 2013 - All Lists Welcome

(in reply to Wagg)
Post #: 82
RE: Hm. - 10/1/2013 9:55:50 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

No. Not on the eligible list.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 83
Bullshit! - 10/1/2013 9:56:04 PM   
Wozza1984

How can west of Memphis not be in the best documentary category.

Post #: 84
RE: Hm. - 10/1/2013 9:58:57 PM   
elab49

quote:

quote:

Thanks. I wondered if that was a factor but hadn't had a chance to find/double-check it.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Deviation] LIKE AMERICA'S SWEETHEARTS TOO. IT MADE ME LAUGH A LOT AND THOUGHT IT WAS WITTY. ALSO I FEEL SLOWLY DYING INSIDE. I KEEP AGREEING WITH ELAB.

(in reply to rawlinson)
Post #: 85
RE: Hm. - 10/1/2013 10:07:17 PM   
rawlinson

quote:

quote:

quote:

Thanks. I wondered if that was a factor but hadn't had a chance to find/double-check it.

http://www.oscars.org/awards/academyawards/rules/reminderlist.html

I doubt it would have got nominated anyway, tbh.

(in reply to elab49)
Post #: 86
- 10/1/2013 10:09:17 PM   
the film man

The Dark Knight Rises hasn't been nominated for anything, I can't believe it. Were's Ben Affleck, Christopher Nolan and Katherine Bigelow for best director, were's all the other nominations The Master deserved. The Academy really do work in mysterious ways.

Post #: 87
RE: - 10/1/2013 10:33:39 PM   
scarface666brooksy!!

I haven't even seen Amour and I'm delighted it got nommed for Best Picture. Same for Haneke for Best Director as well!

If Jessica Chastain wins Best Actress, my life is nearly complete. She should have won for Tree Of Life so this should make up for that nicely.

Deakins for Skyfall, HELL YES.

And I have seen absolutely none of the Best Picture nominees, though I've been wanting to see them for ages Hopefully seeing Lincoln, ZDT and Django very soon though.

Also if Django wins Best Picture, it'll probably give Spike Lee an aneurysm.

< Message edited by scarface666brooksy!! -- 10/1/2013 10:53:13 PM >

My Aussie Film Thread - Film #7 - Patrick (1978)

(in reply to the film man)
Post #: 88
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 10:57:51 PM   
elab49

Is it rare for Oscar to diverge to much from the DGA noms? 

quote:

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 89
RE: RE: - 10/1/2013 11:00:29 PM   
directorscut

quote:

ORIGINAL: scarface666brooksy!!

Also if Django wins Best Picture, it'll probably give Spike Lee an aneurysm.

He's more likely to die of over-inflated self-importance as only three films in the history of the Oscars have won without a Best Director nomination, and only one of those was in the past eighty years.

< Message edited by directorscut -- 10/1/2013 11:01:09 PM >

(in reply to scarface666brooksy!!)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: Django Song Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI