Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: re dannybohy

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: re dannybohy Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: re dannybohy - 11/1/2013 9:38:36 AM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravagee

Also, why is suddenly cool to call someone a fanboy for liking something? LOL

It's like a terrible point in an argument.

You guys really got a bee in your bonnet about this whole fan-boy thing, your the only ones actually using the phrase. I make a one sentence flippant remark which pertains to not thinking much of Nolan (yeh we exist) and boom!! you guys go batshit crazy. While I don't care if someone doesn't like a director I'm into, and certainly wouldn't feel any need to defend anyone, negative remarks made on Nolan really does create an overblown and quite creepy response from the Cult of Nolan on here.

But hey , Carry on, this is all pure gold.

Erm... no we're not.

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 61
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 11/1/2013 10:33:46 AM   
MonsterCat

This is going to be my last post to Dannyboy, because I suspect he'll either ignore this or deliberately misread it.

Danny, you are of course entitled to not dig on Nolan's films. Film is subjective and there's no such thing as a universal truth as far as that medium is concerned. I'm sure people would be very accommodating towards you if you were prepared to convey these thoughts in a constructive and intelligent manner. But your attitude suggests that your not even prepared to do that. All you're doing is wilfully misreading people's posts or banging on obsessively about a man you dislike because you know it riles people up.

And there's no point in denying because it's perfectly clear that's what your doing here.

Maybe the language Dancing Clown used towards you was a tad extreme, but it wasn't totally unearned. Either talk about Nolan intelligently without the trolling, or just give it up. Seriously, it's really, really boring now,

"I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you."

Films watched in 2013

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 62
RE: re dannybohy - 11/1/2013 12:28:18 PM   
ravagee

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravagee

Also, why is suddenly cool to call someone a fanboy for liking something? LOL

It's like a terrible point in an argument.

You guys really got a bee in your bonnet about this whole fan-boy thing, your the only ones actually using the phrase. I make a one sentence flippant remark which pertains to not thinking much of Nolan (yeh we exist) and boom!! you guys go batshit crazy. While I don't care if someone doesn't like a director I'm into, and certainly wouldn't feel any need to defend anyone, negative remarks made on Nolan really does create an overblown and quite creepy response from the Cult of Nolan on here.

But hey , Carry on, this is all pure gold.

I was making an all round point how silly it is. I don't actual use it.

And perhaps people wouldn't be so defensive if you could actual justify why you don't think he's any good. If you're gonna make a point, make sure you have a bloody good reason to back it up.

< Message edited by ravagee -- 11/1/2013 12:30:16 PM >

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

If I peed my pants would you pretend that I just got wet from the rain?

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 63
RE: re dannybohy - 11/1/2013 12:29:47 PM   
ravagee

repost -__-

< Message edited by ravagee -- 11/1/2013 12:30:06 PM >

"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

If I peed my pants would you pretend that I just got wet from the rain?

(in reply to ravagee)
Post #: 64
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 11/1/2013 1:41:00 PM   
chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

This is going to be my last post to Dannyboy, because I suspect he'll either ignore this or deliberately misread it.

Danny, you are of course entitled to not dig on Nolan's films. Film is subjective and there's no such thing as a universal truth as far as that medium is concerned. I'm sure people would be very accommodating towards you if you were prepared to convey these thoughts in a constructive and intelligent manner. But your attitude suggests that your not even prepared to do that. All you're doing is wilfully misreading people's posts or banging on obsessively about a man you dislike because you know it riles people up.

And there's no point in denying because it's perfectly clear that's what your doing here.

Maybe the language Dancing Clown used towards you was a tad extreme, but it wasn't totally unearned. Either talk about Nolan intelligently without the trolling, or just give it up. Seriously, it's really, really boring now,

Wilful ignorance is bliss. This sort of thing is just tiresome attention-seeking. Best to ignore it as you would a tantrumming child.

(What endlessly bemuses me is people who stalk a dedicated film magazine's website who don't seem to like any films at all. And, blimey, there's a lot of them! Takes all sorts...)

(in reply to MonsterCat)
Post #: 65
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 11/1/2013 1:51:32 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: chris kilby

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Wilful ignorance is bliss.

You said it.

Shouldn't you be talking about Nolan and Sci Fi!. I've tried to keep to the discussion on the actual subject at hand, I even commended the guy for his work on Inception,but you are all getting too upset to notice.

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to chris kilby)
Post #: 66
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 11/1/2013 3:20:46 PM   
Chronicle

Not super excited by the theme since I wanted him to do something completely else this time but I'm still sure it's going to be awesome :D

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 67
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 11/1/2013 3:41:25 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chronicle

Not super excited by the theme since I wanted him to do something completely else this time but I'm still sure it's going to be awesome :D

Id prefer to see something similiar to Memento/Insomnia personally and that he stayed away from Superheros and full Sci-fi

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 11/1/2013 3:42:46 PM >

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

(in reply to Chronicle)
Post #: 68
I was wondering what became of INTERSTELLAR - 11/1/2013 8:16:34 PM   
bb

And I'm glad to hear that it's still wondering around in Development. While I'm kind of intrigued to see what Steven Spielberg's take would have been like, I'm sure that Christopher Nolan will do a brilliant job on this, considering that it's main point is the complex and multi-layered story, one of Nolan's trademarks. Let's keep our fingers cross for this in the coming months, and when it gets made, it will hopefully be another blockbuster made for grown-ups to watch as well as teenagers.

< Message edited by bb -- 13/1/2013 8:48:23 PM >

Post #: 69
Well, maybe not all a mystery... - 14/1/2013 1:45:40 PM   
HighwayJoe

"Given that one and now likely two Nolans are involved, everything else is still shrouded in mystery..."

Except that, quite possibly, a lot of the cast from 'Inception' might show up. My money's on Michael Caine, even if he just stands in the background and has one line.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt in the same movie again.

Post #: 70
Interstellar Movie Website - 22/4/2013 2:39:16 PM   
InterstellarMovie

Hi guys,

I've created a dedicated Interstellar movie fan website at http://www.interstellar2014-movie.com please come and check it out and feel free to join to forum to discuss anything to do with the film.

Post #: 71
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> RE: re dannybohy Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI