Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 8:37:33 AM   
Empire Admin

Post your comments on this article
Post #: 1
- 10/1/2013 8:37:33 AM   
darktrain

They are hot property in hollywood right now and with box office like that of the dark knight trilogy i cant see how this will have any problems getting off the ground.Chris and complex go well together,memento and inception anyone? so I'm just a little interested in where they take us on this trip!

(in reply to Empire Admin)
Post #: 2
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 9:12:39 AM   
Dannybohy

Here's me hoping the article was about him getting jettisoned into deep space forever...oh well

'Man of Steel!,Man of Shit!' -fairyprincess

Post #: 3
re dannybohy - 10/1/2013 9:25:43 AM   
darktrain

bit of comedy or genuine hate for the guy?

Post #: 4
RE: interstellar - 10/1/2013 9:58:27 AM   
Discodez

No Dannybohy has an irrational hatred of pretty much anything Nolan has had anything to do with, and boy does he love letting everyone know about it ...

He thinks he's being witty, he's not. Prepare yourself to be thoroughly fucking bored by it.

As for this film, looks interesting. (no doubt Danny will be off onto the internet to discover that time travel through worm-holes would probably, in the opinion of most physicists be impossible, as reality would collapse in on itself as soon as you enter the wormhole, and then see him bang on about that for the next 3 years until the film comes out - or something)

< Message edited by Discodez -- 10/1/2013 10:04:31 AM >

(in reply to darktrain)
Post #: 5
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 10:11:37 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

Here's me hoping the article was about him getting jettisoned into deep space forever...oh well

EDITED BY HELEN: Language, gentlemen.

< Message edited by Helen OHara -- 10/1/2013 11:49:00 AM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

'The town knew darkness, and darkness was enough.'

"Storm just bleeewwww me away..."

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 6
RE: re dannybohy - 10/1/2013 10:18:35 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: darktrain

bit of comedy or genuine hate for the guy?

Hey! I don't actually hate the guy, I just don't rate him. Nothing irrational about it
What is irrational is the idolization buy certain people which just deserves a constant beating, they are very vicious

< Message edited by Dannybohy -- 10/1/2013 10:20:34 AM >

(in reply to darktrain)
Post #: 7
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 10:19:04 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: DancingClown

quote:

EDITED for the same language

See

< Message edited by Helen OHara -- 10/1/2013 11:49:18 AM >

(in reply to DancingClown)
Post #: 8
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 10:24:20 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

quote:

See

I'm not a Nolan fan-boy. But you're an irritating twat and a troll, the kind of poster that makes this forum a rotten and frustrating place to visit sometimes.

< Message edited by shool -- 10/1/2013 12:34:59 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 9
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 10:28:42 AM   
Dannybohy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

See

I'm not a Nolan fan-boy. But you're an irritating twat and a troll, the kind of poster that makes this forum a rotten and frustrating place to visit sometimes.

Of course you not! Why so serious then ?
Thanks for the new sig

< Message edited by shool -- 10/1/2013 12:34:45 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 10:40:59 AM   
DancingClown

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

See

Thanks for the new sig

Because, regardless of your opinion of Nolan, which is irrelevant to me, you're being an annoying arsehole. Of course, I understand the irony in that you feed on the attention, and I am currently feeding it to you.

< Message edited by shool -- 10/1/2013 12:34:17 PM >

Astronomic Tune Boy

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 11
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 10:50:02 AM   
AxlReznor

*ignores most of the above*

Yes, please! I've been waiting to find out what his next film will be, and this looks like an appropriate choice given his track record with science fiction. Hopefully he'll do something more noirish a la Memento, or a Bond film eventually, though.

Post #: 12
The Dig! - 10/1/2013 11:15:07 AM   
petewasbristol

Anyone play the classic Lucasarts game The Dig? The story of this game was the genesis of Spielberg's (who bought the rights) Interstellar. As this has now gone on to the Nolan's, it will be interesting to see what is left from the game!

Post #: 13
Mmmm ... Yes please Mr. Nolan. - 10/1/2013 11:16:13 AM   
Nicky C

With Nolan's box office power, this could be a really good shot in the arm for Science Fiction. I do hope, however, that he gets to do something smaller soon. My favourite of his is still The Prestige. Watched it over Xmas and it still feels fresh. ON TROLLING: People who make such comments aren't really commenting on anyone else but merely exposing their own pain. Don't be angry with them, be sorry for them. The reason why Dannybohy is being a c*ck is probably because he's a frustrated filmmaker who doesn't have the balls to get on and do it himself because the fear of failure is overwhelming him. That's why he's so intimidated by a super-successful director like Mr. Nolan. Ignore him and his self-loathing. He will go away eventually.

Post #: 14
Spelling - 10/1/2013 12:15:50 PM   
bradcam72

If you wish your comments to be taken seriously you should try spelling the words correctly. Don't let the rage take hold!

Post #: 15
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 12:29:49 PM   
shool

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

See

Thanks for the new sig

Sig removed.

Now both please get back on the topic of discussing this news story.

Invisio Text for Spoilers
[ color=#F1F1F1 ] Spoiler text [ /color ] , remove spaces between square brackets

"No one knows what it means, but it's provocative... It gets the people going!"

(in reply to Dannybohy)
Post #: 16
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 12:33:18 PM   
Harley Quinn

Should be good, aside from Memento I've really liked everything Nolan has done. So this will be worth a watch.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 17
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 12:39:20 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harley Quinn

Should be good, aside from Memento I've really liked everything Nolan has done. So this will be worth a watch.

This is genuinely the first time I've ever seen someone say they don't like Memento. Wow!
Personally, I don't love Following or Insomnia, but don't think he's made a bad film yet.... though I guess there's always a first time.

(in reply to Harley Quinn)
Post #: 18
Nolan NO - 10/1/2013 12:44:01 PM   
purplegnome

cant stand this blokes films (apart from memento) DKR absolute bollocks the end fight between the cops and bad uns was just an expensive episode of the old ateam series i know we all got guns so lets have a fist fight

Post #: 19
Nolan NO - 10/1/2013 12:44:36 PM   
purplegnome

cant stand this blokes films (apart from memento) DKR absolute bollocks the end fight between the cops and bad uns was just an expensive episode of the old ateam series i know we all got guns so lets have a fist fight

Post #: 20
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 12:48:38 PM   
superdan

quote:

I agree (though I'd replace Memento with The Prestige and, to a lesser extent, TDKR). Will definitely check it out when it's released.

Post #: 21
- 10/1/2013 12:51:17 PM   
Whistler

Unfortunately, no-one was around when I called this.

Post #: 22
I dont get people at all... - 10/1/2013 12:56:03 PM   
spideed2

I’ll repeat this again and again until Nolan haters finally understand. Yes, it’s possible to not like some of his films or even think he’s over-rated, but you still have to give him some credit for trying to make decent, intelligent, emotion and story driven films. In these days of CGI explosion-fests with paper thin characters, it’s churlish to pull someone up for trying to be better and respecting you as a viewer. If you hate Nolan I pity you, you live in a desolate moonscape of Michael Bay and Lens Wiseman vehicles, devoid of everything but surface. Anyway, would love to see Nolan tackle sci-fi, as I love Nolan and sci-fi.

Post #: 23
RE: I dont get people at all... - 10/1/2013 1:05:08 PM   
garvielloken

I'm always up for a bit of intelligent sci-fi and this looks like it could be very interesting. I just hope that Nolan doesn't get carried away with the running time (he really needs a stricter editor these days) and I hope he doesn't try to cram as much plot and exposition as he can into the film. I really enjoy most of his work but his last few films have been a bit bloated in places unfortunately.

Exactly six miles north of Skagg Mountain in the Valley of Pain, there lives an evil devilmonster. His name is Bingo Gas Station Motel Cheeseburger With A Side Of Aircraft Noise And You'll Be Gary Indiana.

Razzle them, dazzle them. Razzle dazzle them.

(in reply to spideed2)
Post #: 24
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 1:05:40 PM   
Harley Quinn

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

This is genuinely the first time I've ever seen someone say they don't like Memento. Wow!
Personally, I don't love Following or Insomnia, but don't think he's made a bad film yet.... though I guess there's always a first time.

Sorry I should of said what I've seen of Nolan I've not seen Following. Memento I just didn't enjoy found it very hard to watch.Sorry.

"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path."

Owner of the Naughty Milkmaid.

(in reply to AxlReznor)
Post #: 25
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 1:06:34 PM   
AxlReznor

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

Sorry I should of said what I've seen of Nolan I've not seen Following. Memento I just didn't enjoy found it very hard to watch.Sorry.

No need to apologise. I was just surprised.

Post #: 26
RE: Mmmm ... Yes please Mr. Nolan. - 10/1/2013 1:10:07 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nicky C

With Nolan's box office power, this could be a really good shot in the arm for Science Fiction. I do hope, however, that he gets to do something smaller soon. My favourite of his is still The Prestige. Watched it over Xmas and it still feels fresh. ON TROLLING: People who make such comments aren't really commenting on anyone else but merely exposing their own pain. Don't be angry with them, be sorry for them. The reason why Dannybohy is being a c*ck is probably because he's a frustrated filmmaker who doesn't have the balls to get on and do it himself because the fear of failure is overwhelming him. That's why he's so intimidated by a super-successful director like Mr. Nolan. Ignore him and his self-loathing. He will go away eventually.

Yeh thats it Sigmund, you got me!!. I am glad you have made yourself feel better for a short while, good therapy.

p.s. Not remotely frustrated, let a lone a filmmaker.

(in reply to Nicky C)
Post #: 27
RE: Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar - 10/1/2013 1:11:04 PM   
Dannybohy

quote:

ORIGINAL: shool

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

See

Thanks for the new sig

Sig removed.

Now both please get back on the topic of discussing this news story.

Damn! I worked hard for that Sig!!

(in reply to shool)
Post #: 28
RE: I dont get people at all... - 10/1/2013 1:13:42 PM   
BelfastBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: spideed2

Iíll repeat this again and again until Nolan haters finally understand. Yes, itís possible to not like some of his films or even think heís over-rated, but you still have to give him some credit for trying to make decent, intelligent, emotion and story driven films. In these days of CGI explosion-fests with paper thin characters, itís churlish to pull someone up for trying to be better and respecting you as a viewer. If you hate Nolan I pity you, you live in a desolate moonscape of Michael Bay and Lens Wiseman vehicles, devoid of everything but surface. Anyway, would love to see Nolan tackle sci-fi, as I love Nolan and sci-fi.

Very true - Nolan is one of the few creative people active in Hollywood who makes intelligent, thought-provoking films that still make blockbuster money at the box office. Quite an achievement given the general dumbing-down and hyping that results in the likes of Adam Sandler garbage still making big money in the US.

Casting call - obviously nothing is yet known about Interstellar, but let's try and predict who could appear in it. I'll kick off with JG Levitt, Michael Caine, Tom Hardy, Ken Watanabe, Marion Cotillard, Cillian Murphy, Christian Bale. In other words, let's hope Nolan calls in some favours and reforms a good lot of his Batman / Inception ensemble.

(in reply to spideed2)
Post #: 29
RE: I dont get people at all... - 10/1/2013 1:15:58 PM   
AxlReznor

Pretty sure that Michael Caine will be in every Nolan film until one of them dies or retires.

(in reply to BelfastBoy)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News >> Chris Nolan Goes Interstellar Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI